Question on tanking/playing in pvp/pve land.

Options
daveomite
daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
First of all, this may have been a question someone else asked, I just couldn't find the answer to my specific question, so went ahead and created this new post. If needed though, mods, feel free to move.

I'll start by saying, I've never actually "tanked" as of yet. However, considering it. But in a situation such as right now, an LR, the HT pvp, and the venom pve... it makes me question the roster.

I haven't been doing much of the LR's. In whatever free tome, just been in Hotshot last night and today. I have been using the same team through most of that thus far. However, had to stop due to work projects that I have to focus on, and went ahead and shielded for 8hrs in 2nd with 615 points roughly.

Once I have more time to play, my shield will most likely still be up for a few hours. From my understanding, the team anyone would face if the fought me would be the last team I fought with. However, does that mean only for this particular pvp?

What I mean...If later my shield is still up, and I choose to either try to tank or play an LR, will the team I use in that change the team anyone faces in the other pvp? Or are they completely independent of each other? Same question regarding the pve, if I were to start that at some point, would it change the team in the pvr I am currently in?

I am just unsure how the roster settings are in each different event. I know that if I play a match in Hotshot using one team, then go to an LR, change my team and play, then go back to Hotshot, the team appears to be that last team I used in the LR, at least on the team selection page.

hopefully I'm making sense, and appreciate any and all info. On my phone, so please excuse any misspellings or random gibberish.

Comments

• HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    From my understanding, the team anyone would face if the fought me would be the last team I fought with. However, does that mean only for this particular pvp?

What I mean...If later my shield is still up, and I choose to either try to tank or play an LR, will the team I use in that change the team anyone faces in the other pvp? Or are they completely independent of each other? Same question regarding the pve, if I were to start that at some point, would it change the team in the pvr I am currently in?
    Your opponents in each event will only see the last team you used to win a fight in that specific event.

If you play some Hotshot, then play some LR, your Hotshot opponents will see whatever team you won your last Hotshot fight with. Your LR activity will not affect what your Hotshot opponents see. The same goes for PvE. In fact, the server takes a "snapshot" of your last winning team within each event, which means that if you win a fight with L15 HT + L45 IM35 + L30 MStorm, then level them up to L20 HT + L50 IM35 + L50 MStorm, your Hotshot opponents will still see your lower-leveled team right up until you win a Hotshot fight with your newly leveled-up team.

Your own roster selection screen defaults to whatever team you last selected simply for the sake of personal convenience.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the info. That's what i was thinking the case was, just wanted to double check that.