Heroic Chapter 3 scaling log

Moral
Moral Posts: 512
A reference so we can see how others are impacted

1st node, not attempted yet

Basic: level 34
Deadly: level 334

Edit: first deadly loss dropped to 308. Other two losses no change.

Comments

• Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    (Not a huge fan of so many threads on one event, but w/e.)

Basic: 34
    Deadly: 51
  • Basic 33
    Deadly 61

And I finished first in the last PVE, no clue how they made up these levels
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Basic 34
    Deadly 261

Deadly levels do not appear to be going down despite attempting and failing a few times...
  • Basic - about 68
    Deadly - 187

I'm going to throw a **** team up against deadly Venom later to check the drop when I retreat.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Basic: 20
    Deadly: 25
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Basic: 31
    Deadly: 40
  • just joined each mode

easy - 33
    deadly - 73

m
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    I've completed nodes in each event now.

Difficulty for the first node is below

Easy: 32 Venom, 33 Goons
    Deadly: 52 Venom, 53 Goons
  • Round One
    First Node:
    normal 33 (joined)
    Deadly 61 (joined)

Round Two
    First Node
    Normal 33
    Deadly 79/80

Kidnapping
    Normal. 35
    Deadly 84/85

The Search is On
    Normal. 54
    Deadly 92/93
  • Kikujiro
    Kikujiro Posts: 157
    Basic: 34 icon_e_wink.gif
    Deadly: 164 icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Basic: 32 and 33
    Deadly: 171 (158 after whole team got annihilated)
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Before starting:

"Regular": 34
    Deadly: 55

After completing all nodes in each once (with lots of deaths in Deadly)

"Regular": 32
    Deadly: 62

So apparently dying a lot has pushed my Deadly scaling up, while a hassle-free clear of "Regular" has actually reduced my scaling!?

Only thing I can think is that my personal scaling has been reduced, which is showing in the "Regular", but it has been outweighed by the community scaling in the Deadly.
  • I haven't joined either bracket yet, but I've been paying attention to the trend in level on the first node, and I have to say the community scaling I'm seeing confuses me. My normal-mode node has dropped by a level (from about 33 to 32), but my deadly node has increased by about three or four levels (from 51 to 54/55). In theory, this should mean that the community is having more success in the deadly mode.

The rubberbanding modifiers and top alliance scores don't bear this out, though. Normal-mode hit max rubberbanding a while ago if you still have 0 points, but deadly is still around 9x rubberbanding. Also, the top alliance in deadly has around 35k *fewer* points than the top alliance in normal-mode, rather than twice as many, which seems to be the assumption built into the progression rewards. (Node base values in deadly are 2x normal; the progression award tiers are exactly the same in prizes, but at 2x the point values for deadly. Either the exact same prizes are supposed to be much easier to get in normal mode than deadly, or the devs were assuming that player performance overall in the two modes would be about the same. The second is a dumb assumption, not borne out by previous easy-mode/hard-mode splits.) Offhand, my guess is that the rubberbanding X-value in deadly is 2x the normal-mode X-value, and should not be.

Alternative possibility: it's not actually the case that community scaling is affecting every node the same way, so the first node doesn't work as a proxy for the rest of the board. In normal mode, the first node is dropping because people are hitting it once and then not touching it again, since it should have the lowest point value. In deadly mode, the first node is getting hit more, because more of the later nodes are considered unplayable, which is scaling up the first node but not the others. Can anyone verify or reject this alternative? (Lower scaling on exclusive nodes in other events seem to support the theory that community scaling is on a per-node basis, not an overall modifier.)
  • Started at:

Normal: 30ish
    Deadly: 70

Deadly is now up to 100 for me for first node. Normal still around the same range. Had some nodes that I didn't play in Deadly that actually went down for a while, but they're up again.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Started yesterday at (first node):
    Normal:31
    Deadly: 71

Right now (12.04 7 PM CET)
    Normal: 32
    Deadly:79-80

(Node Interference - 2nd to last - went up from 101 to 134 for deadly though)

Did just a single playthrough of both and mined the essential nodes a bit to stay within 2k of bracket leader in both brackets...

However it seems I joined a grinding bracket for deadly and therefore am hit with community scaling (which I would like to reiterate - sucks monkey balls!)
  • morgh wrote:
    Started yesterday at (first node):
    Normal:31
    Deadly: 71

Right now (12.04 7 PM CET)
    Normal: 32
    Deadly:79-80

(Node Interference - 2nd to last - went up from 101 to 134 for deadly though)

Did just a single playthrough of both and mined the essential nodes a bit to stay within 2k of bracket leader in both brackets...

However it seems I joined a grinding bracket for deadly and therefore am hit with community scaling (which I would like to reiterate - sucks monkey balls!)

Pretty sure community scaling is global.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Round 2 first node:

Basic - 32
    Deadly - 55/56
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Basic 33
    Deadly 61

And I finished first in the last PVE, no clue how they made up these levels

Round 2:
    Basic 32
    Deadly 72

Basic actually decreased after finishing top 10 in both basic/deadly rd1. I have no clue.
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Dreylin wrote:
    Before starting:

"Regular": 34
    Deadly: 55

After completing all nodes in each once (with lots of deaths in Deadly)

Deadly: 62

Round 2:

Deadly: 72

Top50 finish in "Regular"; Top10 in Deadly from the first run.
  • Round 2 starting mission:

Regular: 32
    Deadly: 142