A plea to rotate colors for progression rewards

TimGunn
TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
I'm begging the devs and Mr. @ Brigby, please rotate the color of cards received for progression rewards in PVP. Here is an example

Peggy:
Black Vortex PVP in Feb 2017: 900 pts progression reward = Peggy yellow
Combined Arms PVP in Oct 2016: 900 pts progression reward = Peggy yellow
Peggy PVP in July 2016: 1,000 pts progression reward = Peggy yellow

Flaptain
Human Torch PVP in Feb 2017: 900 pts = Flaptain red
Black Widow PVP in Nov 2016: 900 pts = Flaptain red
Blade PVP in July 2016: 1,000 pts progression = Flaptain red

Seems like this has been done on some chars, but others are static for two cycles. Obviously not a big deal if you have the char champed already, but when trying to fully cover, this can be a big deal.

Thank you for your consideration!

Comments

• DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    I honestly don't mind Peggy yellow being prog for pvps I can actually get to 900 on, as I really need her yellow. icon_e_smile.gif

But yes, I agree, those should rotate more. It's a bummer having the reward you get be one you have at 5 already.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    There has been some recent changes in terms of the color of PVP progression rewards: So they changed the Quake cover from blue to yellow and the Red Hulk cover from red to purple (Why? icon_evil.gif ).

Apart from that I support your plea since I have the most covers they give as progression rewards in PVP already at five covers.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or make it colorless... come on 2017.. make it happen! icon_cool.gif
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards

THIS!
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler

I think they'll implement some kind of paint system before going totally colourless.

A few extra resources for you to build/buy.

Means that cover colours are still important and characters build slower, but will give you an option to change if you want it enough.

Teired system would still be in play too, cost you increasing amount of paint across stars.

A Black to a red power 1 star 5 red 2 10 red paint... if you get me.

Still a big element of luck and rng but you can direct it slowly. But it might be me being insane again.

But agree colourless would be great. icon_e_smile.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:

THIS!

Yep, came in here just to post this.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    SO MANY PROBLEMS go away with colorless covers..... So many......
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    They should also do something with new pve releases too, make the alliance cover be the same as the 3rd cover in placement rather than the 1st one so that they have more people with at least one cover in each power as then you have at least a marginally higher chance of some of them spending cp to get more covers, unless a character has a truly horrible 3rd power then nobody is going to try and get themselves a 0/5/5 character after all.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, it's always weird when I make top 100 and my alliance makes top 100, and then I win two of the same colors. And often it ends up being the one passive/weak power, so not super useful in the 4* required nodes. But I pull through!!
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    The player should pick the color. Problem solved and less waisted time, since this game loves to waist time. Let the players progress already, you guys (Devs) almost have the right idea with resent game updates. I'm starting to get grey hair. Ill be playing this game in the grave at this point!
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    So this will be even more important now with the changes on Bonus Heroes.

The way to get older 4* cards is now:
    • progression from pvp/pve - rotate the colors!!!
    • placement from pvp/pve - gotta be pretty hardcore to get these
    • Bonus Hero - most effective if you concentrate on one char. Not a great option if trying to cover a handful of older 4*
    • Vaults - including the weekly limited vaults - suggestion: make the limited vaults run every 5 days to get better turn over and NO limited vaults of a char who is in the Legends packs also
    • Champing 3 stars