Idea to get lesser used characters some playing time.

hange
hange Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
I have tons of characters that are underlevelled but have between 10 and 13 covers. I have 3 characters, all 4 stars dying onthe vine now because I can't get enough iso to level everybody.

This leads to many characters that get zero playing time. Either because they are way too underlevelled to compete or I've never really used them so I am unsure if they are worth investing in.

My solution to this would be give a small amount of iso directly to a character the first time they are used in any given day. Similar to how deadpool receives points for whales, whales, whales. Maybe 200 iso-8. Enough that you feel you're making progress on the character (especially lower levels) but not so much that it would be the only way you'd need to level the character.

The pros of this are numerous for the player and the developer.

- Use large variety of characters keeping the player interested and needing to collect all characters.
- Finding new and interesting character combinations leading to players wanting to pump iso into new characters.
- Great way to get people to play with characters that don't have all 13 covers. I'd love to try out the new Captain Marvel but with only 5 covers she isn't worth the time or iso yet. Same goes with Medusa. Both seem like great new characters that I won't use for months while I collect covers for them.

There is a lot of benefit here to get players to use more characters and play more battles daily with this plan.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or... what if we added a new node to the deadpool daily list that required you to use a team of characters that you might not otherwise use (or even have). To keep it fresh we could rotate the required team every day so it was always someone new. Except Scarlet Witch, she can go a few times in a row. Everyone likes her though so that's ok. To make it matter we'll add some CP as a reward. You can get 1 CP just from watching some dumb ad, so maybe 2 CP seems fair. Let's start with that.

Since 2 CP can get you a 4* cover, it's got to be bigger than The Big Enchilada, and I don't think Deadpool will allow a mission in his space that doesn't have at least a little bit to do with Mexican food. Let's think about this.. icon_e_geek.gificon_e_geek.gificon_e_geek.gif

I got it. We can call it....

Alotta Fajita! icon_mrgreen.gif