Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Elektra

Options
2»

Comments

• geno685
    geno685 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    I pulled off a miracle today. My Elektra is lvl 115 (1/2/3) and on my 4th try because i was insane, I WON!!!!
    I used no boosts at all, i managed to use pink quickly to steal/buff a strike til and then it seemed like all red ap disappeared, i cast my red and then black and watched him die icon_lol.gif

Got a nice icon_katebishop.pngpurpleflag.png making her 1/2/2
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    7th try pulled it out with my 1/2/2 lvl 111. Boosted all +2, r/y +2, and damage 100%. Pretty annoying fight because once the thirst gets rolling it gets ugly real fast, and both of Blade's active powers are also game over barring miracle matching of the specials they produce.
    Hoarding the token.
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    beat it first try with my 120 4/3/5 icon_elektra.png
    Boost r/y, b/p +2 and 100% all damage. Was close to dying but got the Ballet of Death then a Sidestep out and Blade fell quite quickly.

Got a purpleflag.pngicon_elektra.png from the token_legendary.png
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    GAWD, I HAAAATE Elektra!
    (Think how much you hate her, but think how much MORE horrible she is with only one red).

4/3/1 Level 172 - Took about 7 tries 100% + 50% BK/GR + 50% Red/ YEL

Just scraped through.

Got wasp_icon.pngyellowflag.pngicon_cry.gif
    Bringing this useless trash to 5/1/1
    so that next time I can be ultra-pissed when I draw another of the same. Yuck!
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tried with low level Elektra and lost. Upped to 150 and lost. Upped to 188 and still lost. Used boosts and lost. But Finally when used +2B/G, +2 all colors and +100% match damage, won and easily lol... What a tough opponent Blade is.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    finally won after about 12 tries with a level 147 3/2/2 elektra that kept failing. managed to get the red cover from the Elektra vault, leveling her to 168. still took 3 tries. needed +2 all ap, +2 r/y and b/p. was able to load up red early while forcing him into worthless match 4s so had a good bit of the match with 2 ballet of death tiles. then could quickly flip 2 strike tiles and fire off shadow step. after that, was able to finally wear him down with favorable tiles falling.

Got a 4th redflag.png for Elektra for my troubles
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Level 188 4/3/3 Elektra won with 35 health left.

I forget how many tries because I did it a couple days ago. Each time I lost tho, I would level up my Level 70 Elektra a bit and try again.

I see now why people talk about how bad Elektra is.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tgibbs40 wrote:
    I see now why people talk about how bad Elektra is.

She's not, though. What she is is a support character. She can skate on taking damage, and she can steal and buff some strikes up, and her ballet can be quite ouchy under the right circumstances, but none of that is a front-and-center character.

She can shine as part of a three-character team, but on her own - especially against a tank like Luke Cage - she's going to struggle.

Even so? The first time I won with her, she was the only non-invisible character I ever had win the Crash at lower than 130. Everybody else who did it lower than her 127 (at the time) had been successful only because they had at least one cover in invisibility.

That she was able to get it done at low levels when so many of my other characters have needed to be 130-140 (and a couple 150) I think speaks to how good she can be. I had to level Red Hulk to 147 before I could win his Crash, and that was with 8 covers to the 6 that Elektra had the first time she won.

That doesn't mean that Elektra is a better character than Red Hulk. It DOES mean she's better than people are willing to give her credit for. She's just more subtle.