No info icon for draw rates on tokens [solved]

Theghouse
Theghouse Posts: 329 Mover and Shaker
I was chatting with my alliance mates and I casually asked them if there was somewhere I could look up which characters were in the Latest Legendary vs Classic Legendary tokens. They responded with "just tap the info icon on the legendary token screen", to which I replied "what info icon?". They sent me a screenshot of the Legendary token screen with an info icon, and I sent them a screenshot of my Legendary token screen without one.

I've been playing for 67 days and I vaguely remember seeing the info icon at some point in my very beginning days, however its been gone for the majority of my playing time. My wife has played for around 40 days and does not have the info icon either - and she doesn't remember ever seeing one.

How the screen should look (screenshot provided by alliance mate, see info icon in mid right) :
Screenshot_20170225_234611.png

How my screen looks (see lack of info icon) :
Screenshot_20170226_014621.png

List of potentially relevant information, personal hypotheses, and steps I've taken to try correcting the issue:
1. Both my wife and I are using Samsung Galaxy S7 devices to play MPQ. Alliance mates with no issues are on Samsung Galaxy S6. Issue could be related specifically to the Galaxy S7 or its specific screen resolution, etc. Not all Samsung devices are affected.

2. Probably irrelevant but my wife and I are on Sprint Network. Issue is present when on 3G data, LGE data, and while connected to different Wi-Fi networks. Likely not related to network status.

3. I just updated to Android 7.0 two days ago. My wife is still on the last version of Android. I experienced the issue both before and after updating. My alliance mates are also on Android with no issues. Issue is present across multiple versions of Android but not all Android users are affected.

4. Tried clearing app data, clearing app data cache, uninstalling and reinstalling app. Issue still present after all actions. Issue likely not related to local device data.

5. Both my and my wife's MPQ app has always been up to date. Issue has been present between 40-67 days, therefore the issue has been present across multiple update releases.

6. Tried unsyncing and resyncing with Facebook. Tried logging out of Google Play Games Server and back in. Issue present after all attempts. Likely not related to Facebook or Google Play Games.

7. Played a new game without Facebook sync through the tutorial. Once regular tokens were unlocked, issue still present. Likely unrelated to game progress such as Shield Clearance Level, accumulated Iso-8, Hero Points, Command Points, or stockpiled tokens.

8. I have an active VIP sub, my wife has never had a VIP sub. Likely unrelated to VIP status.

9. Tried tapping all open space on token screen to see if icon was not rendered properly but info screen would still pop up. Did not work.

In short, I believe this issue has something to do with the Samsung Galaxy S7, be it a firmware issue or the specific screen resolution of the device, etc.

Support ticket opened - request # 299769.

Any other users out there with this issue?

Comments

• Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    From the looks of the attached screen shots, I'd say it is a display issue (compare for example the visibility of Peggy's left hand glove). The info icon is most likely there, it's just out of the visible range on the display of your device.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 329 Mover and Shaker
    Issue corrected as of 2/28 with update featuring new Mordo loading screen.