Growth Industry?

shartattack
shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
According to the pve list, this event hasn't run since 2015. I have been playing since May 2016. Is there any reason why they can't throw this one in the rotation?

Comments

• Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Id love to see that one as well and have more PVEs added quite bored of the current ones esp venom bomb
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    That was the Ant Man release story event.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    You've played Amadeus Inferno in that time, I think?

The two events are virtually the same. It runs alongside normal PVE, has a half-dozen unique nodes (Amadeus Inferno has the Hulk fight where you fight Hulk/RHulk/She-Hulk back to back in waves where they're boosted to mini-boss levels of power, Growth Industry has several fights to show off Ant-Man). Then they give a free 4* cover for completing them.

I think "free 4*" is why they aren't run often. I think the devs take things super conservatively with giving out freebies, and because those two events are basically designed to trade a little bit of work for a freebie, they're bottom priority for re-runs (which is a shame, because they totally should have re-run Grown Industry when they released Wasp).
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly I think the reason is they forgot it exists.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    they should be releasing events like this more often. Maybe once a season? Once a month to get an extra 4* is not something that would ruin their business model, but it'd make us much happier. Anything to help me fill out my 4* roster better, I keep getting RNG'd to death and "that's working as intended"
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe we'll get lucky and we'll get a special Phil Coulson Growth Industry type event where Villains are boosted and we fight him with the SHIELD goons!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe we'll get lucky and we'll get a special Phil Coulson Growth Industry type event where Villains are boosted and we fight him with the SHIELD goons!
    sounds good at first. but go read Coulson's abilities again. want him with goons? that might as bad as carnage v.1 in venom bomb. truthfully, I'd welcome any new content, annoying or not. I think that would be pretty dang annoying though
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there any reason why they can't throw this one in the rotation?

Because they want you to pay 3600 imcoin.png on a vault to get a 4*, and don't want to give them away for free anymore.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    firethorne wrote:
    Is there any reason why they can't throw this one in the rotation?

Because they want you to pay 3600 imcoin.png on a vault to get a 4*, and don't want to give them away for free anymore.

Except last week when everyone got a free Cyclops.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd still love to see one of these (type) of PVE's run for a week, every single week, alongside regular PVE.

One reason I champed Ant-Man before others was anticipating this would be run again.....apparently there was no rush.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Iunno. My SCL gets a 4* cover in (nearly) every PVE event anyways. Can't imagine how adding one extra cover in here or there would be any different. If they do, though, it can't be the purple one.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want to see this too. I joined a year ago and have never seen this event either. AntMan is one of my favorite characters and I really enjoyed the Cho one. I'd love to see this again.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes please, run it again with a yellow cover for my 4/4/2 Scott icon_mrgreen.gif
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    this was more of a special promotion to tie-in with the ant-man movie. i think it was re-run, maybe when the DVD came out?

Cho's Inferno was a special promotion to tie into his new comic.

anyway, no point in re-running
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    I'd rather they turn Gauntlet into something that can run concurrent to regular PvE. Growth Industries and Amadeus' Inferno are too short and can be knocked out quickly with no real incentive to go back. Gauntlet lets you take your time and then go back and green check any nodes you have the willpower to do so for.

But if they aren't going to do that, at least those 2 events are the type to run concurrent, so there's that...
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    As they now give a 4* as a reward in the higher clearance levels I doubt we will have any more of these events but you never know.

I'd love it if they did run this event again as I'm in 4* transition now so I'd probably complete it
  • Zeta_zero
    Zeta_zero Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I wouldn't even care if they gave out 15 cmnd pts for the completion it would just be a nice change to see it again.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Imagine if they actually put some effort in and launched every 4* with a mini-event like this. New narrative every couple of weeks that actually ties into the character, and everyone gets a free cover.

They could then run a repeat PVE with the covers as normal prizes so that the hardcore with time out the wazoo could grind and "clear optimally" and feel superior to everyone else.

The whole playerbase would be happy, every single release. What a magical world it would be.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    The first time it ran it sat around for 30 days. Or was it only 28? Anyway, that was quite silly. The re-run hung around for a week IIRC.

I remember when they announced a 30 day PvE we were all pretty curious about it.
    Some groan at the thought of grinding something for 30 entire days. Others thought maybe this would be something new and exciting, a new way for PvE to function that was so epic it would take 30 days to fully appreciate.

but...no. It's just 5 nodes and you have 30 days to beat them. Very odd.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    They honestly should use these type of events for character releases.

That way everyone can get a shot at one cover and can actually play the characters featured pve event.

The idea should be to get us to want to spend money on roster slots. icon_rolleyes.gif

Like it seems like a pretty straight forward idea.
    Before maybe 2 weeks ago, I drew my only non growth industry antman.