Roster advice for my girlfriend (2* transition w/ 4* covers)

Options
Daredevil217
Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in Roster and Level Help
So I got my girlfriend into the game and it's been great. Gives us something to bond over. She's been at it about 3 weeks and is doing quite well. She has Juggs as her sole 1* and is doing the 2* transition. She has everyone rostered except Bags and Bullseye (who's in the que) in 2* land. She's only got one champ (Thor) and will soon have 2 more (Torch and Mags), and her others vary in covers but are probably cap out at around level 70 at most.

Like all newbies, roster spots and HP are the big barriers to progression. She wants to be F2P like me so had to sell off many lower tier 3s and I think a couple 4s.

Rostered:
She has about 7 top-middle tier 3s all at 1-3 covers- Panther, IM, Strange, Cap, Cyclops, Widow, Bullseye (she'll likely sell him to roster 2* Bullseye).

She also has 2 top tier 4s (Rulk/Cyclops).

In the que:
She has some really good threes coming down the pipeline (Storm, Mags, Fist, DP, Hood, etc.)

She also has Peggy 4* dying on the vine.

The question is, should she sell her 4s that are right now worthless, to roster threes that could net more tacos/covers on their DDQ days, and eventually be more useful as they surpass her twos.

Or does she sell off the 3s because the 4s are much harder to get even with limited roster space.

She definitely needs her twos because 3 weeks in, it's all she's got to win matches.

As always help is appreciated!

Comments

• fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My advice, keep the best 4*'s that are usable at low level (Peggy comes to mind, if you have yellow, if you have blue/red, meh...), ditch the other ones. Save all CP/LTs, don't spend them until she has the HP to start rostering all of the 4*s' (which will be a longggggg timmmmmeeeee.)

Roster all of the 3*'s that she can, because they are useful for the DPD's no matter if they aren't that good (Rags, I'm looking at you..). They'll help her earn the basics over time. They are cheaper to champion than the 4*'s, and much easier to obtain. After the 3*'s are done, then proceed to 4*'s. It's 120K iso8 to get to lvl 166 w/ a 3*, 365K iso8 to get to lvl 270. It's much easier for newbies to get maxed 3*s.

If she gets to a point where she'll get a 3* from a 2* champion, and she doesn't have the HP yet to roster them, my advice is to ditch the extra 2* cover and wait to get the 3* cover until you have the AP (that's always an option). 2*'s are much easier to come across than 3*s.
  • Teskal
    Teskal Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I agree mostly, but not with ditching any 2*.

I would not sell them till they get LVL 144 AND bring all 2* to this maximum LVL. Every 2* brings 375 HP. Which really helps getting into the 3* transition. Beside getting 3 more 3* covers from everyone.

Only exception I would ditch in the moment would be 2* Bullseye in the waiting queue and get him later. (Depends also how much waiting time is between other covers.)

Best ist, if you have a 2* on LVL 144 and get few new covers for them, wait till they expire, sell them and add the new ones. And start farming again. Not everyone like farming 2*, but it is worth it.

Stop opening any Elite and Heroic tokens in the moment. Do it every 5-7 days till you get a cover which is in your queue, depending how many HP you have and how fast you get new HP. And plan to add the covers from prices in the PVE or PVP in this.

Yes, 3* are harder to get as 2*, but they will also come again. (Only Mystique is angry with me, because I ditched her twice, but she will be back again).

Some save Iso-8 to a champ 3* or several 3* at once. I go another way in the moment. If I own more than 10k iso-8, I add them to any character who can get a new LVL, not higher as my useful characters I use for the nodes. And it works pretty fine. I try never to get lower as 5k.

I will do it later similiar with 4*, but again only to the highest level of my best characters, but try to save more iso-8.

Try to get Yellow 3* Dr. Strange as fast as possible to power lvl 5 so. It will make your fights so much easier.

Especially with the new DDQ nodes, I think it is better to plan the 2* as a fix part of your roster, even if you sell'n'add them and have only weak one for the fight! If you are in the 4* transition later (or even while building up all 40 of your 3*), it will be harder to add a 2*, because there is always a 4* coming.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Biggest advice, don't get your gf in your alliance. Trust me it'll come back to haunt you if you do.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Other thing I thought after my post, make sure she understands Scaling, so she doesn't level 1x 3* to 166, and everyone else is at 144.

It'll keep the difficulty down (and frustration) in the long run for her.
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    Here's her exact roster

2*
    Mags (level 98 Champ) - 2 more levels in the que, staving off 3* mags as long as possible
    Thor (level 94 Champ)
    Torch (level 71, 13 covers)
    Storm (level 70, 11 covers)
    Daken (level 70, 10 covers)
    Ares (level 62, 9 covers)
    Wolverine (level 31, 9 covers)
    Widow (level 31, 6 covers)
    Moonstone (level 15, 10 covers)
    Marvel (level 15, 9 covers)
    Rogers (Level 15, 8 covers)
    Hawkeye (Level 15, 7 covers

3* (all level 40)
    Panther (2 yellow, 1 black)
    Cyclops (2 black)
    Cap (2 yellow)
    Widow (1 purple)
    Bullseye (1 green)
    Strange (1 yellow)
    Torch (1 green)
    Iron Man (1 yellow)

4*
    Rulk (1 purple)
    Cyclops (1 blue, 1 red)

50k Iso, 10 HP (her next slot cost 300 and it's only going up)

Here's what's in the que. In parentheses is roughly how many days til expiration:

2*
    Bullseye: Purple (3.5 days), Black (4 days), Purple (7.5 days), Green (10 days), Green (12 days)
    Bagman: Yellow (14 days)

3*
    Storm: Black (3 days), Green (4 days)
    She-Hulk: Red (3.3 days)
    Mystique: Blue (5 days)
    Rocket: Yellow (5.5 days)
    Bullseye: Purple (7 days) - currently rostered debating selling
    Deadpool: Black (7 days)
    Gamora: Green (9.5 days)
    Hood: Black (10.5 days)
    Torch: Red (10.5 days), Red (13.5 days) - currently rostered, debating selling
    Loki: Green (13.5 days)

4*
    Peggy: Yellow (5.5 days)

So should she ditch Rulk, Peggy and Cyclops for the many many 3* characters (her pulls have been ridiculous) in her que?
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    My thought right now:

If you all think it's okay for her to ditch the 4s and 2* bullseye (he shouldn't be essential for awhile since he is now and she's doing fine without him) then she could roster she-hulk and storm. Hopefully collect 300 HP in 5 days to collect Grocket or Deadpool (likely not both which sucks! Maybe she'll have to sell She-Hulk?). Likely will have to sell Gamora and Mystique. Have 3 days for Hood and another 3 days for Loki (very tight at this point as slots get more expensive). By this point she'll need a spot for mag3eto as well! I'm beginning to think Torch is a safe keeper. 3 covers, plus 2* champ rewards will net more covers

Love to hear others' thoughts
  • Teskal
    Teskal Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I would add 2* Bullseye instead and live with loosing some covers.

Maybe remove both 4* and add only Peggy.

Get first all 2* champed, all will be useful, even Bullseye. All bring you many HP, iso and covers, very fast.

Bullseye's passive purple is nice.

Give NOT away the 3* in order Strang3, Iron Man, Panther, Widow, Torch, Cyclops if possible.

Loose maybe one 2* bullseye is ok, too. But don't loose him completely, especially with so many covers waiting.

Did she get all HP from the beginning scenarios?

And do not open for few days any tokens