When the Token magic happens.

Options
So I finished top 50 in Punisher LR and my two heroic tokens gave me MN.Mag and OBW. Nice but I don't need them.

So I was feeling frustrated and decided to buy standard tokens with Iso.
1. 2* Cap
2. M.Storm
3. Blue Hood
4. IM35
5. IM35
6. C.Mag Red

I'm decided to stop there as I know how lucky I just got.

I find it strange that none of the standard tokens I've won in over a month now have given me a 3* but every other time that I buy a few with ISO I seem to get 3*. I don't buy heroic tokens but of all the ones that I can remember I've only gotten an X.Wolvie as the non 2*.

I'm going to change up my spreadsheet where I keep track of my token pulls. I'm making one column for reward tokens and one for bought tokens, starting right now.

Would be cool if anyone else that buys tokens regularly also keeps track.

It's been a good day so far in MPQ land. Bring on Venom Heroic icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• Its posts like these that make me think, hmmm maybe i should spunk some of my hard earned ISO to see if I can get anything better than bagman?????? Then I decide that after seeing other people's stats for pulling from saved tokens that I dont want to waste 50k ISO to get two to three 3*s I potentially dont need. I guess some people are born willing to piss into the wind but im just not one of those fella's (with my luck I would walk away wet!!)
  • repronaz wrote:
    Its posts like these that make me think, hmmm maybe i should spunk some of my hard earned ISO to see if I can get anything better than bagman?????? Then I decide that after seeing other people's stats for pulling from saved tokens that I dont want to waste 50k ISO to get two to three 3*s I potentially dont need. I guess some people are born willing to piss into the wind but im just not one of those fella's (with my luck I would walk away wet!!)

I don't think I would do it once I had a few maxed covers on my 3*. At the moment only Hulk Green, Loki Purple and Psylocke Blue are maxed so most 3* covers are useful to me. I think that once I have three maxed 3* characters I doubt I'll buy many more tokens.

It helps to cheer me up when MPQ hasn't quite gone the way I'd hoped.
  • Good luck on getting there and stop doing it by buying standard tokens as your making me jelous!!
  • the Token magic does really happen. I'd never forget the date when it happened to me, that was March 8th. It's been a week since I played MPQ and found that there were tokens waiting to be claimed. I got 4 Standard Tokens and 1 Heroic Token.

Standard Token:
    1. Ares
    2. Blue C. Mags
    3. Blue C. Mags
    4. Purple C. Mags

Heroic Token: Green Hulk.

It was my happiest moment in MPQ, it was like the game welcomed me back and decided to give me these rewards so that I'll never leave the game again. Hasn't happened again for me. Sigh.
  • I had gone almost a month without a 3* standard token pull until yesterday... I had 5 tokens to open, 3 were 1* garbage, 1 was AWolvie, and the last was a blue Hood.

Otherwise, my luck is terrible with those things.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    My token magic seems to happen mainly in daily-deal purchases. Over the last couple of weeks, I've bought 9 daily deal tokens. 5 were useful: Hood B, Ares Y, LThor Y, BP B, Mr. Rogers Y.

Also, I just got a Torch cover from a LR Courageous token.

Aside from those, I haven't gotten anything worth mentioning since the last Hulk PvE.
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I pulled a red Patch and a blue C.Mag yesterday, both with standard tokens.

Probably won't see another 3* until next month now.
  • ToryTory
    ToryTory Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    I had 41 standard tokens from the past event just sitting around. Had 10 mins before work and decided I'd open them just for fun. Mostly garbage but a c.mag purple and a psylocke red popped out. That made my day since I normally pull ****. I was going to report my findings in tokens thread. I was astonished at how accurate the thread is.

On average, you pull a 3* every 20 standard tokens! Hail statistics!
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Started Heroic Mode, got first standard token reward, pulled this:
    a088rt.jpg
    Life is good for this guy who's still trying to max out his 1* team.
  • Talking about token magic, I just open a big stack of standard tokens I had accumulated and didn't get any 25hp reward. Are those gone? I thought they were pretty common.
  • I do love hearing about people's token luck. I'm jealous of all the people that win resent heroes. I mostly just draw the ones from last year.

Today I've opened 16 standard tokens.
    10 as rewards and 8 were paid with ISO.

Stats for the 10 reward tokens - 100% 1*.
    Stats for 8 bought - 75% 1* and 25% 3*

Sure the sample pool is way too small at the moment, but I intend to keep track of the two sources.

EDIT: Just got my Courageous token and it was a beautiful baby Psylocke (red) icon_razz.gif
    I'm now 1 psylocke cover from maxing my first 3*
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    My token magic...

Aside from those, I haven't gotten anything worth mentioning since the last Hulk PvE.
    Milkrain, re: your thumb-ment: Yeah, among the Djangoliers, TU1 deeply resents my good fortune (and good looks), and I have it on good authority that Ferret was reduced to flabbergasted tears.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This week, standard tokens netted me:

Patch - yellow
    Psylock - blue
    Iron Man 40 - yellow

And got a Doctor Doom - blue last week. But it's been pretty dry since a Hulk red several weeks ago.
  • M1Lance
    M1Lance Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2014
    Options
    After a solid month of no *** from standards I pulled a Purple C.Mag and Black Doom today icon_e_biggrin.gif

EDIT: ...and just pulled a GSBW and BP as well! Holy tinykitty the RNG gods favor me today!
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Microtom wrote:
    Talking about token magic, I just open a big stack of standard tokens I had accumulated and didn't get any 25hp reward. Are those gone? I thought they were pretty common.
    About as common as 2*s, IIRC.

Talking about 2 stars, I opened 40 yesterday and only got 2 2*s (both were caps) Isn't the odds of a 2* like 20%?
  • HailMary wrote:
    HailMary wrote:
    My token magic...

Milkrain, re: your thumb-ment: Yeah, among the Djangoliers, TU1 deeply resents my good fortune (and good looks), and I have it on good authority that Ferret was reduced to flabbergasted tears.

Reduced to tears by your luck or good looks? icon_razz.gif

Seems to be quite a few C.Mags popping up for people.

I recall getting a Doom last week too. I'm loosing my faith in Randomness real quick since I started playing this game.
  • Milkrain wrote:
    HailMary wrote:
    HailMary wrote:
    My token magic...

Reduced to tears by your luck or good looks? icon_razz.gif

Seems to be quite a few C.Mags popping up for people.

I recall getting a Doom last week too. I'm loosing my faith in Randomness real quick since I started playing this game.

EDIT: Another easy LR courageous token bagged me a IM40 yellow. It seems the venom event is taking up everyone's time so the LRs are practically nothing but tank teams. Like taking candy from a child icon_twisted.gif
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Milkrain wrote:
    EDIT: Another easy LR courageous token bagged me a IM40 yellow. It seems the venom event is taking up everyone's time so the LRs are practically nothing but tank teams. Like taking candy from a child icon_twisted.gif
    It's actually just that LRs no longer give out note-worthy prizes... giving out glorified 2*tokens for top prizes is pitiful.
  • bahamut685 wrote:
    Milkrain wrote:
    It's actually just that LRs no longer give out note-worthy prizes... giving out glorified 2*tokens for top prizes is pitiful.

I appreciate the drop-off in competitiveness caused by the glorified 2* tokens. The glorification is shining brightly on me - 2 for 2 3* for me.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Milkrain wrote:
    bahamut685 wrote:
    Milkrain wrote:

I appreciate the drop-off in competitiveness caused by the glorified 2* tokens. The glorification is shining brightly on me - 2 for 2 3* for me.
    Congrats. I'm 2 for 3 on Daken, with a Hawkeye thrown in for good measure.