Thanks, Customer Support!

mega ghost
mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
Brigby, if you could pass this along to the CS team:

I just wanted to note that I had two separate issues I needed addressed by Customer Support, and they handled both of them promptly and effectively. I've worked in customer service / support before, and it can be a demoralizing and thankless experience when your entire day consists of an endless barrage of annoyed-to-enraged customers with issues that they want resolved NOW, and that they pin on you as if you are the architect of everything bad in this world. When you resolve their problems for them, they typically just disappear without a word of thanks or give you a gentle slap in the face with an entitled "Well, good, you did what should have been done and what was owed me, my rage is contained for now, peon."

By the time you get home, you feel like this:

tumblr_mvt01vPHK51rwii9to1_r1_500.gif

But a single, simple positive interaction can pull you back from the brink and allow you to feel happiness and relief again.

So, thanks!

Comments

• mega ghost
    If you're unsure of how this community has likely treated CS, ask yourself this: when you saw the subject of the thread, did you read it as earnest thanks or as sarcasm?
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost wrote:
    If you're unsure of how this community has likely treated CS, ask yourself this: when you saw the subject of the thread, did you read it as earnest thanks or as sarcasm?
    The two times I've contacted customer support I've gotten a canned response about something tangentially related to my issue, as if a computer program scanned my email for keywords and then shot off a ready-made response based on what it thought my email must be about based on those keywords. Only after a second or third email detailing my ACTUAL issue that they ignored the first time (or two), did it actually feel like I was interacting with an actual human.

This is not to detract from your experience. I'm happy for you that they have successfully helped you. I've heard many tales of happy customers after dealing with customer support. I've also heard some horror stories, and been on the receiving end a few times, so I can see it both ways.
  • mega ghost
    mohio wrote:
    The two times I've contacted customer support I've gotten a canned response about something tangentially related to my issue, as if a computer program scanned my email for keywords and then shot off a ready-made response based on what it thought my email must be about based on those keywords. Only after a second or third email detailing my ACTUAL issue that they ignored the first time (or two), did it actually feel like I was interacting with an actual human.

This is not to detract from your experience. I'm happy for you that they have successfully helped you. I've heard many tales of happy customers after dealing with customer support. I've also heard some horror stories, and been on the receiving end a few times, so I can see it both ways.

Totally understood! I can say that the canned response is a simple survival mechanism: it's impossible to give every ticket a personalized, white glove experience as the sheer volume of requests makes that untenable. So you build templated replies, often with language that has been created or signed off on by a legal department and/or someone in marketing. And when you get a request that doesn't neatly fit into one of your templates, you just pick the template most applicable given that it will still get the job done, RE: a request for more info or what have you. So there is typically a person there quickly reviewing the initial form provided to them by the support ticket system and funneling it into the next bucket of templates. Once enough criteria have been met, it warrants a more hands-on approach.

So when I interact with customer service I typically expect this system and only rate them on if they successfully address my needs, and if they do it within a fair timetable.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Almost all my interactions with CS have been positive. The ones that haven't... Well, I knew they probably wouldn't listen then, so it wasn't maddening.
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    I'm pretty sure their CMS will send you a survey in the next few days where you can rate your interaction and provide feedback. I think that happened with my CS support issue.
  • DukeUpdate
    DukeUpdate Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    I had a similar positive experience with CS over the last week. I got a 6th purple cover for 5* Black Widow last week (while she was still in latest legends). While they were away over President's Day weekend I got a 7th purple cover for her.

They swapped them both for other colors (giving me a 5/2/2 BW).

They handled it promptly and professionally.
  • mega ghost
    I'm pretty sure their CMS will send you a survey in the next few days where you can rate your interaction and provide feedback. I think that happened with my CS support issue.

Wait, I have to express gratitude twice?

tumblr_m74qniV2GA1qm8b7bo1_250.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    They're batting 1 out of 5 with me.

First ever time they did their job well and were polite and kept updating me.

I even posted a thread on here just like yours. Then they gave me the finger every time after that and have consistently blamed user end for game crashes, prize delays, lack of access to some events for no reason, disappearing covers. All of these had nothing to do with my device or my fibre optic internet connection...yet CS states they are.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I often get the canned response. My favorite responses have been:

"thanks for letting us know, we will make sure this won't happen again"... but never anything about making it up to me.

"yes we are aware. It has happened to lots of people"... great! so you are aware something bad has happened to lots of people. If your response isn't "we will be giving all affected people a token of apology for this" then you are failing.

When my issue is something like a game sync issue, they usually help me out just fine (but with a lot of back-and-forth). When my issue is something has broken, and my results/rewards have suffered because of this... the general consensus is "noted, now suck it up". Not great customer service.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost wrote:

With only one exclamation point I was leaning towards earnest thanks. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Rika
    Rika Posts: 20
    So far, my experience with CS is also positive. I have contacted them once when I lost all data on my device. I'm not on FB, so my progress wasn't backed up there. CS were able to restore my full account and progress, and it only took 2 days (1 of which was me taking time to reply with the required information). Generally, my impression with CS of any sort is that the quality is very dependent on the individual staff you end up with.
  • DrDoMe
    DrDoMe Posts: 97 Match Maker
    While you're at it, pass along that in my case they have been consistently obstinately unhelpful, constantly rotating between **** excuses, but under no circumstances actually helping.
  • Rika
    Rika Posts: 20
    OK, I have to downgrade my previous positive review of CS. I've got one of those totally unrelated, standard replies and my issue was immediately marked as resolved, although the bug still exists. *thumbs down*