Which transition method is better for long game life?

2»

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unless you are trying to say that people would rather have 40+ characters at 4 covers each than 12 characters at 13 each...... Don't be ridiculous.

Totally agree here - that is a scenario which people should NOT want.

But that's what people are going to get with the bonus heroes, right? A whole bunch of low-covered characters and all the new ones as the only options to champ?

I would be sooooo frustrated as a new player seeing that. Part of what has been fun is having 15 characters that are champed, 15 that need 3 covers, 15 more that need 6...a very visual progression.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    The way to transition to 5* land is to pull latest tokens and build up the three 5* once you have 2 championed 5* you should be able to hit 1200 in PVP and max progression in PVE. Once you start pulling you just keep pulling latest and championing the new 5*. This is the way the devs want you to play the game, try and cover the new character as fast as you can then use bonus covers to back fill your old 5*. If you pull classic you will get a distribution of 5* and the issue is your 5* will not be usable until you get 10+ covers and are able to get them up to level 400+. Now with the new bonus covers this might change over time and make it more beneficial to pull classic again, but let's face it old 5* are now so much harder to cover then latest. It is easier to max cover Thanos then green goblin or Cap. I have 10 covers of banner and IM and 12 covers of SS and Phoenix and it feels like I will never. Champ them. Hopefully bonus covers will really help
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Unless you are trying to say that people would rather have 40+ characters at 4 covers each than 12 characters at 13 each...... Don't be ridiculous.

Totally agree here - that is a scenario which people should NOT want.

But that's what people are going to get with the bonus heroes, right? A whole bunch of low-covered characters and all the new ones as the only options to champ?

I would be sooooo frustrated as a new player seeing that. Part of what has been fun is having 15 characters that are champed, 15 that need 3 covers, 15 more that need 6...a very visual progression.
    Honestly that's the one part of this change that really seems off to me. The devs have spent more time on character development than anything else, and they have basically told their newer players that all but the 12 latest 4*s are off limits. That's fine if you just like matching 3, but if a big part of the reason you play is to have fun with your favorite Marvel characters then this potentially got a lot harder for you to do. I think it would be better for the game and not unreasonable to expand the bonus heroes to a 5% pull rate for the first 3 (since you get 3 characters on your team to fight with) to a cap of 15% (much like they did when they first released 5*s). This would give players an advantage in covering the new characters quickly, but also allow people to go back and work on their 3 favorite characters at a reasonable pace (rather than just 1 as it is currently implemented). At least for the 3* and 4* tiers anyway.

But, as a new player itching to move up to the 4* tier that doesn't really care if they do it with new or old characters, this will be a YUGE help.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    JablesMc wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:
    I've been having a decent amount of luck either pulling from Latest or Classics, exclusively at any particular time. I started this when I had a decent number of covers in Black Bolt - I decided I wanted him more than anything else. I focused exclusively on Latest (I did this when the pack was Bolt, Widow, Strange,) and ended up with a 13 cover Bolt, 8 in Widow, and I think 7 in Strange. I then went back to Classics (for only a week, since I just made it,) then once Bolt rotated out, I focused entirely on Latest. That time I maxed out Widow pretty quickly, about three weeks in, so I spent my CP on Classics. I ended that with 10 covers in Strange, 5 in Thanos.

I then went back to Classics, and I did reasonably well - got four (!) more covers for my OML, bringing him up to a perfect 4/4/4 (with the yellow cover about six weeks away,) I got two for PHX, two Bolt covers (my first max 5*!) and some others - a Hulk, BSS, and IM46. I had to trash two 5* covers that I had 5 in - a pity, but that's the way it goes. I was spending CP pretty until Monday.

Now I'm back to latest, hoping to max out Strange. It will probably be pretty easy, to be honest, but I want a good head start on Thanos and BP as well. If I don't end up with eight or more in Thanos, I'll probably stop spending CP much earlier this time, probably the full two weeks between when the new one is introduced and he goes into tokens.
    How do you get so many lt/cp? I max prog every PVE and get at least 575 every PVP, with VIP, and I'm nowhere near the ability to do as many pulls as this.

Edit: either that, or RNGesus is WAAAAY nicer to you...
    1200 each PVP, a ton of champed 4*s, all 3*s champed.
    It adds up.

Basically this - I get to 1200 about 2/3s the time. I suspect a lot of the CP comes form Champ levels, it does, as Bowgentle said, add up. At this point I have 36 Champed 4*s, so nearly every 4* level gives me something. The change to the Legendary tokens is going to put a damper on that, but out of the current pool of 12 I still have 5 Champed so that's something anyway.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Can someone please explain to me how we can have such an overwhelming preference for diversity in usable characters, yet so much hatred for a vaulting system that ultimately delivers exactly that???
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can someone please explain to me how we can have such an overwhelming preference for diversity in usable characters, yet so much hatred for a vaulting system that ultimately delivers exactly that???

Let me explain this.

What's a larger number?

or 12

How do you build a more diverse roster with less characters?

No one else can explain it to you more than we already have. If you like the system, like it.
    Thats fine.

But it has HUGE short comings for people with moderately but not full covered old 4's and very few to none of the newer guys, which is, a lot of players.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    The devs voted in this poll by vaulting characters. Their vote was clearly Less champed characters at higher levels (Ex: three 470's)
  • Fightmastermpq
    GurlBYE wrote:

Let me explain this.

What's a larger number?

or 12

How do you build a more diverse roster with less characters?

No one else can explain it to you more than we already have. If you like the system, like it.
    Thats fine.

But it has HUGE short comings for people with moderately but not full covered old 4's and very few to none of the newer guys, which is, a lot of players.

As usual......

Under the old system your roster would be highly biased toward the 4*s you champed first. Under the new system you will have every character released from now until forever topped out at about the same level. The old system gives you "3 470s" while the new system gets you a bunch of 450s.