Oh Brigby old buddy old pal....

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Remember when we got quizzed about the potential implementation of this awesome new game busting feature whereby we send minions out on missions to destroy enemies and collect our dry cleaning (Something like that right?) in order to earn some more sweet resources?

Any news on this super secret game feature? Come on, I promise I won't tell anyone.

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't mind me, I'm just having lunch on the table next to OneLastGambit.
    I'm not listening in or anything, just carry on like I'm not even here.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    @#Brigby, remember when they want us to have all the characters then made legendary classics virtually unobtainable via dilution, forcing everyone to hoard which I can only assume is seen as unintended gameplay. So, when's that going to get fixed?
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    *twiddles thumbs while whistling non-chalantly and rolling eyes*
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't mind me, I'm just having lunch on the table next to OneLastGambit.
    I'm not listening in or anything, just carry on like I'm not even here.

And I am just walking past their table.... several times.. every few seconds.. got to log in my steps.. yeah icon_e_wink.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Didn't the devs also tease some "streak-breaker" for those 0-80 LT draws....like...a year ago? Where is that again?
  • OneLastGambit
    Hey uh brigby... Everyone has left now. Quick write down the secrets and slide it across the table on the dl
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    He's been rather quiet today. Must be having difficulty trudging through the Deadpool's Daily post....
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    It's before your time, Brigby, but Al Reed (GM, co-founder of Demiurge) once said that one of the core tenants of MPQ was to follow the lead of Blizzard Entertainment and "make everything overpowered". It was a way to keep every character interesting and focusing on strengthening weaknesses rather than nerfing characters into the ground.

Of course, his other mantra was "this too shall pass" which meant ignoring customers whenever you did something they didn't like, so maybe not everything needs to be followed to the letter after all.
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Didn't the devs also tease some "streak-breaker" for those 0-80 LT draws....like...a year ago? Where is that again?

4878204.jpg
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm less interested in that new feature from the pool, far more interested in this:
    Brigby wrote:
    Does this count as a hint? icon_e_smile.gif
    Rate of acquiring 5* - Research and Development

I hope to RNGesus the extra 2 CP isn't what he was referencing... If so the devs are even more out of touch then I thought.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Dealing with certain community requests like..
    giphy.gif

But in all seriousness though, I personally don't have any information to announce regarding that survey in the past. Once I hear of any news I can announce, I will be sure to inform the community.
  • OneLastGambit
    Brigby wrote:
    Dealing with certain community requests like..
    giphy.gif

But in all seriousness though, I personally don't have any information to announce regarding that survey in the past. Once I hear of any news I can announce, I will be sure to inform the community.

Thanks for the response brigby. Appreciate all the work
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm sure he'll tell us about all of the exciting new features once his management has given him the appropriate (SHIELD) clearance.

I'm happy with the new DDQ setup, so that will be enough for a while.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    This thread should be subtitled "Rimshots"
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm really hoping that "quality of life" improvement alluded to was not the enhancement to DDQ. I'm not saying that the changes to DDQ weren't good - they absolutely were. But as far as "quality of life" improvements go, they're a bit underwhelming.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    GrimSkald wrote:
    I'm really hoping that "quality of life" improvement alluded to was not the enhancement to DDQ. I'm not saying that the changes to DDQ weren't good - they absolutely were. But as far as "quality of life" improvements go, they're a bit underwhelming.

From the Topics for Brigby thread:

Brigby said:
    No, the R&D on Rate of Acquiring 5* does not refer to the changes to DDQ. icon_razz.gif