Confessions of a Self-Appointed Sandboxer

Options
124»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Rajjeq wrote:
    KevinMark wrote:
    I saw some people saying things to the effect of "sandboxing actually sounds cool... it is like the casual game I want MPQ to be...". This game is already very casual. The one who is not casual is you as the player. Playing in an alliance can put pressure on you especially if yours is a demanding one. Quit your alliance, play the game a set amount of time every day or every other day if you want. There is your casual game.
    The trouble is, in MPQ, if you are casual you cannot really progress. Once you get up to maxed 2*s (and even before then progress is slow as you are maxing your 2*s), you really can't earn usable 3*s unless you spend a lot of time or money, or are insanely lucky on random pulls over a long period of time.
    Maybe being casual means I don't care about progress. I know all that. I've gone into casual after I realized I couldn't transition into 3* zone.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not really know what sandboxing was until now, I feel like I am a bit at the rough end of things, compared to the OP, despite us playing the same game.

Let's just cut to the chase, it's a bit unfair.

I am a regular casual player and usually do alright in PvE though not as much a PvP person where my usual forays into the field get me on points lost. I've missed out on a number of 3* covers because of this.

I would like to have a mode where I can just play myself and get covers on my own sort of scale but apparently I don't have such an option.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [quote="yogi_"I would like to have a mode where I can just play myself and get covers on my own sort of scale but apparently I don't have such an option.[/quote]
    Kinda sounds like prologue. I guess they figure once someone is 100% on the prologue, she should be able to get covers in PvE with limited stress.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So what with the change that just got shoved on us, I'm wondering...would MPQ CS put you in the sandbox if you requested it? I'm tempted to start another account and attempt it. I'd rather not cheat and steal awards from anyone else, and I'd be curious to see whether I prefer sandbox mode to the second job normal MPQ has become.
  • Enoc99
    Enoc99 Posts: 141
    Options
    So what with the change that just got shoved on us, I'm wondering...would MPQ CS put you in the sandbox if you requested it? I'm tempted to start another account and attempt it. I'd rather not cheat and steal awards from anyone else, and I'd be curious to see whether I prefer sandbox mode to the second job normal MPQ has become.
    After reading this thread myself, I am wondering the same thing. Not sure if I would go that particular route, but it is an interesting idea. I hate the idea of cheating, and wouldn't do so in order to be sandboxed, but voluntarily opting into such a scenario might be an interesting idea.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Questions. What is the difference between "cheating" and "stealing"? Is there a difference? And if the game cheats first, is it really cheating if the player does it, or just leveling the playing field?

Lastly, how in the world did this thread pop up? Do people really read threads past page one?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Questions. What is the difference between "cheating" and "stealing"? Is there a difference? And if the game cheats first, is it really cheating if the player does it, or just leveling the playing field?

Lastly, how in the world did this thread pop up? Do people really read threads past page one?

Yes, people really do read past the first page. icon_lol.gif

I have read all 40 pages of the "Discussion" on the new "feature".
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    Options
    i wonder what he used?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have to admit sandbox world seems nice!
  • Unknown
    Options
    yes it does
  • Unknown
    Options
    Can anyone upload a proper copy (i.e. to dropbox or somewhere) and send me a PM with the link for whatever trainer currently is working for this game. I need to update my roster tools with the level change, and the easiest way I see to do that is to create a dummy sandboxed account to grab all the missing stats data quickly.

Everything I saw online seemed to be super-sketchy scam websites that want you to complete fishing offers/ install malware viruses etc.. in order to download. So if anyone has a clean copy I can use, I'd appreciate it greatly (and I'm sure anyone who uses my roster tools will too).

TIA!
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    Snip
    Please don't ask for cheat tools on these forums.
  • Unknown
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Snip
    Please don't ask for cheat tools on these forums.

Then stop making the game so unfun that we need to cheat.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Then stop making the game so unfun that we need to cheat.

I didn't want the hacks to cheat, I only wanted them to update my roster tools using a dud account to collect data. IceIX said he's looking into whether they can arrange that data into a usable form, which is pretty cool, so for the time being my prior post asking about hacks/trainers whatever is irrelevant.

I'm not going to defend or oppose hacking, but if you do hack/cheat to play, you should make sure you get sandboxed properly so you aren't screwing over the people who don't cheat.