Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Deadpool

Options
2»

Comments

• rowdster
    rowdster Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I played the "Xtreme" node yesterday (I think it was with Cho-hulk?), and now the X-pool/X-wolvie node is locked for me.

So I got the legendary token from yesterday, but now can't get a new one even though there are new characters.

What is going on?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rowdster wrote:
    I played the "Xtreme" node yesterday (I think it was with Cho-hulk?), and now the X-pool/X-wolvie node is locked for me.

So I got the legendary token from yesterday, but now can't get a new one even though there are new characters.

What is going on?
    It's working as intended. You can play the Crash node for the LT any time you want during the five day cycle, but once you clear it it is locked for the remainder of the cycle. You can get Another LT on Monday when the next cycle starts.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First try, no boosts, 3/0/3, level 99. I was... somewhat shocked, to put it mildly.

Saved up 14 AP to use Countdown for What twice in a row when there were multiple green matches available. The damage added up to enough. I did get hit with one X-Force and he got Recovery off once near the beginning before I'd done any real damage.
  • KFloppy
    KFloppy Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Inspired by pmoney82, I managed to pull it off today with my Lvl 111 3/0/1 Deadpool, for my very first Crash win! It took a total of 9 tries. 6 failed tries were done yesterday with my Lvl 106 3/0/0, with only a few boosts here and there. This morning I was able to get a few more CP --> latest legend --> 0/0/1 DP, so I tried again, this time with 100% all match/50% RY/50% BB boosts. I'm happy I didn't spend all my boosts.

Token --> 4* Sam Wilson yellow, bringing him up to 1/1/2. Progress!

(My first post, I joined just to celebrate!)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    Options
    2/0/2 - lvl 106; ~26th run, boosted AP: (2x all colors/2x R-Y/2x Blu-P)...

the only way to beat this matchup (with a juvenile cover loadout) is to land a favorable board (tons of red/purple with little of wolvy's colors), hoard purple and red (if possible) to deal optimal damage inna salvo maneuver, ideally with a few green clusters on the board. I was determined and at the end of my rope, needless to say. But I figured it was worth the investment.

my 26th run, the board dropped nearly endless amounts of red tiles--thank GOD!!!

Also, why are wolvy's stats built like he has a 5-5-5 cover loadout??? I never paid attention to how Titan matchups are built prior to this cycle. I knew he was doing max dmg for green/black abilities but when his heal tile delivered 9K health...I was absolutely filled with rage. If that's anything other than a bug--that's a straight, troll move, D3. #unreal
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1/0/3 lvl 111

2nd attempt with boosts after soft-capping him.

blacktile.png Kingpin
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My 5/2/0 killed him on turn two.... kind of easy when my red does almost 7k
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dapptastic wrote:
    Also, why are wolvy's stats built like he has a 5-5-5 cover loadout??? I never paid attention to how Titan matchups are built prior to this cycle. I knew he was doing max dmg for green/black abilities but when his heal tile delivered 9K health...I was absolutely filled with rage. If that's anything other than a bug--that's a straight, troll move, D3. #unreal
    Crash opponents can have slightly different levels or cover configurations; I think these are initially set by the devs based on perceived difficulty. They've tweaked levels/configs in the past, presumably based on player success/failure rates in each matchup.
    A high level Deadpool does a lot of direct damage and XFW doesn't have a ton of hit points, so they probably gave Wolvy a strong cover config to make it a bit more challenging.