Listen, puzzle boy

DoubleHomicide
DoubleHomicide Posts: 25
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I did all the gauntlet I wanna do. That 7 day event is about a week too long. I'm dyin over here. Good googly moogly. Start another event already.

Love peace and chicken grease,
Your pal DH.

Comments

• Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    perfectly-timed-hilarious-pic-26.jpg
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did all the gauntlet I wanna do. That 7 day event is about a week too long. I'm dyin over here. Good googly moogly. Start another event already.

Love peace and chicken grease,
    Your pal DH.

Shout out for the Frank Zappa reference.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    Enjoyed the slight break in constant grinding pve for extra CP. It will start again soon enough and everyone will pray for another 7 day gauntlet break icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony Foot wrote:
    Enjoyed the slight break in constant grinding pve for extra CP. It will start again soon enough and everyone will pray there will never be another 7 day gauntlet break icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Fixed that for you.
    I really hope this was a simple oversight and there was supposed to be Another PvE overlapping with the later half of the Gauntlet as it has been for quite some time. Just the Gauntlet for 7 Days is too much.
    Plus, if you want a break from PvE you could Always just not play the event that is currently running.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not every player cruises through within the first few hours of the gauntlet starting. If they can even finish at all. Just because there's a lot of veteran players on the forums who can do that, doesn't mean it's true for everybody.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Maybe do something with your life, if you're so obsessed with MPQ?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa wrote:
    Not every player cruises through within the first few hours of the gauntlet starting. If they can even finish at all. Just because there's a lot of veteran players on the forums who can do that, doesn't mean it's true for everybody.
    And that's why the Gauntlet runs for seven Days but Another PvE usually starts after four Days. The ones that burn through the gauntlet fast get something else to do while those who need more time to finish the Gauntlet gets it. Everyone would have been happy!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    1k4bgd.jpg
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa wrote:

Lots of the people who wn't be able to cruise through the thing are not going to need the time either, they will hit a wall after a certain point and then won't make any more progress either.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa wrote:

No-one here's saying Gauntlet shouldn't run for 7 days. No-one wants the time limit shortened.
    What they want is something to do *along side* Gauntlet.

Hell, people are still advocating for a season long Gauntlet to run alongside normal PvE as a supplimentary PvE equivilent of Shield Sim. I think that would be pretty nifty. A 4 week long gauntlet that gives you some nice rewards during your downtime waiting for the PvE sub events to end.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm still trying to complete the first sub of the Gauntlet. Not because it's too hard, I just don't want to icon_lol.gif
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hell, people are still advocating for a season long Gauntlet to run alongside normal PvE as a supplimentary PvE equivilent of Shield Sim. I think that would be pretty nifty. A 4 week long gauntlet that gives you some nice rewards during your downtime waiting for the PvE sub events to end.

Given the condensed nature of optimal pve play, it would seem like a sensible option on their part to have something else running that gives people something to pop into for a quick game when they have a spare few minutes during the day and would benefit the devs since it would increase the chances of somebody running low on health packs while doing pvp too.
  • ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Now that you can bring whatever team you want to Gauntlet it's about 10,000 times less difficult. If you need more than a couple days to finish it, you probably don't have the roster to ever finish it. But by all means bring back the endless fights against boosted 1/2* villains.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    another event would help both vets who finish early and lower rosters who struggle from the second sub forward. and, would give mid-rosters an alternative. I see no downside to running a 3 or 4 day event on the backside of the G
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually, the proposed 'Run it alongside regular PVE events during the season' that Dragon_Nexus referenced is a good idea in my opinion, as PVE counterpart for the season long PVP event.
  • Alsmir wrote:
    Maybe do something with your life, if you're so obsessed with MPQ?

Look at you telling folks how to live their lives. Bless your heart.