Where are the villians?

Urban_mike
Urban_mike Posts: 12
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So recently I read about the new character and surprisingly it's not a villian. This game has alot heroes but few matching villians like in the comics or movies. We have alot of caps no red skull, Ironman no Mandarin, X-Men no sentinels. We have many agents of shield through the avengers but no Hydra agents like von strucker, baron zemo, or viper. We have Carol and fantastic 4 but no other skrull besides Thanos.

My favorite villian that's in the game now is Thanos. He is a beast on both version. It would be nice to see other villians like onslaught, apocalypse, super skrull, Mandarin , and so on.

Comments

• SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos isn't a Skrull, he's a Titanian Eternal
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    They are reforming next season for one last hurrah. Toesa is even back out of retirement for it.

Oh, not those Villains...

My bad.
  • Jdob84
    Jdob84 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    I will admit that I would like to see a few more villains in the game..

..that being said, we did just get one (Mordo is a villain)..
  • We are getting hero releases back to back to back but no villian releases like that.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor

if I remember correctly, he is also a mutant
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    There's a lot of Villains who are not Mutants or FF: Kraven, Electro, Sandman, Mysterio, Nightmare, Dormamu, Mephisto, Hela, Red Skull, Scorpion, Absorbing man, Mandarin, Zemo, Abomination, M.O.D.O.K...
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crnch73 wrote:

More than a mutant, what happened is that he carries some Deviant genes and they were the dominant ones, this is why he is so pretty icon_e_wink.gif But it is true in new comic books they call him mutant. The Deviant explanation was much better.

So Titanian Deviant is the most correct denomination IMO.

And YES WE NEED MORE VILLAINS!
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I've been saying this for a while now. It's why I spent money on mordo even though I'm not convinced yet that he is even good. I heard rumors or something that they didn't think people like playing villains. I disagree, I just feel the majority of the villains in this game have weaker power sets. So I'm going to try to use mordo to mess with their numbers ever so slightly.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Villains used to be bad because PvE was always against the same villains and you could not use them since they were on opposite team. It was frustrating to have your maxed out Daken and never use him because all the stories were vs the Dark Avengers.

Nowadays they should go for it and give us a bunch of them, I was happy when I saw Green Goblin but at 5* he's not one I'll be able to play for a looooong time

sentinels would be great, maybe a 4 star Doom, Brotherhood of evil ...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apparently people aren't trying to get the villains badly enough, so it's mostly heroes that get released.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2017
    Quebbster wrote:
    Apparently people aren't trying to get the villains badly enough, so it's mostly heroes that get released.
    That might be due to most of the villains having weaker power sets (besides juggernaut, Ares, cmags, Thanos, GG)

Edit: and rhulk dunno why I forgot him.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would knife fight all of you for a chance to get a 4* Kraven.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crnch73 wrote:

More self-altered like Mr Sinister
  • ChuckFan
    ChuckFan Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    The most glaring omission is Red Skull, not my personal favourite villain, but he's a constant enemy of Cap and the Avengers. The original baddie in the Avengers Co-op Arcade Game!

We already have 6 versions of Captain America (counting Peggy & FalCap), but ZERO Red Skull!?
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    In the Spiderman:Homecoming trailer they show what is definitely Vulture and maybe a quick glimpse of Kraven. I would think we will get one of these as we get closer to the movie release date(7/7/17)

It's totes wishful dreaming but maybe with (old man)Logan showing the Reavers, we might get Lady Deathstrike?

In the upcoming Ragnarok movie we will be getting a confirmed gladiatorial fight with hulk, and with that inclusion comes storylines from planet hulk, which would be so cool if we got Red King.
    or on the Asgard side maybe Hela or Enchantress?

MPQ has surprised me with the extreme shallowness of its toon selection and then totally go deep and pull some cult faves(agent venom not exactly a fave). Extrapolating from just the MCU storylines, it's possible we could get
    -mysterio(for the OML back story to say nothing of spidey)
    -Mr. Hyde from AoS-if they are going to take ANOTHER char I'd rather him than R.Reyes(Phantom rider for next GR!)
    -Purple man from JJ
    -Baron Zemo-I think him before skull
    -Jocasta(not a villain-except for Ultron twisting her for part of the arc)
    -Whomever Brie Larson fights in the upcoming MizzMarvell Movie
    -Kylo Ren- just cuz disney do what disney want
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    ChuckFan wrote:
    The most glaring omission is Red Skull, not my personal favourite villain, but he's a constant enemy of Cap and the Avengers. The original baddie in the Avengers Co-op Arcade Game!

We already have 6 versions of Captain America (counting Peggy & FalCap), but ZERO Red Skull!?
    Well... Red Skull does make a cameo in the Prologue as Dell Rusk. It's just in a dialogue scene after a one-time node though, so it's not much but it's something at least.
    Would love if they developed that story more, it's a Little sad the Dark Reign storyline was abandoned.
  • ChuckFan
    ChuckFan Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    My concern is mostly for GhostRider's Red (Hellfire) ability, it does extra damage if the enemy team has more Villains than Heroes. But there's so few Villians in the game that basically it's useless for PVP! icon_evil.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    ChuckFan wrote:

You should read 2016's Gwenpool Christmas Special.
    Oh boy Red Skull in that is fantastic.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Paste Pot Pete and Stiltman or GTTKO.