Owners of Countdown Tiles Should be Highlighted

disdamn
disdamn Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
Would be really helpful if when there's an enemy countdown tile on the board if I moused over it/selected it I could tell exactly which enemy fired the power.

For example a team of all Thugs or Hand Ninjas can have the board full of countdown tiles, but most will be only from one person. Strategically I would like to be able to target that person, but I can't because the entire enemy team is made up of the same person, and I'm left guessing who to attack. Perhaps an Arrow over the owner of the tile when selected or highlighting the owner of the countdown tile would help.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cycle the enemies.
    The CD tile will blink when the enemy who owns it is in front.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    To be fair, this is one of the most obscurely hidden useful features of the game. I'm pretty certain even now there's 1year+ players that still do not know this. It's not explained in the tutorial, either.

So in my opinion, adding such a feature is justified. It can be as simple as just giving the owner's portrait a temporary glowing highlight whenever you click a countdown tile, be it friendly or enemy.

/edit: Also, it doesn't win any usability prizes. Because the countdown tiles blink only briefly when cycling, it's easy to miss some tiles especially on a CD heavy board (Maggia nodes anyone?), forcing you to cycle multiple times to get a better view of the CD tile ownership. So I'd also vote for a permanent ownership display of the currently selected enemy's countdowns. (This might be require a bit more thinking about design, it shouldn't be too distracting, but it also shouldnt conflict too much with things like fortifications. Maybe a slow colored pulse on the inside of the tile, like a heart beat?)
  • disdamn
    disdamn Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    I have been playing this game for a while now and have not noticed the CD tiles blinking noticeably when cycling. This could definitely do with some improvement to make this very helpful feature more visible.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Like post 2 said - on PC that's what I do (cycle to determine). I thought for awhile you used to be able to hover on the tile and it signaled the owner?

Similarly - I'd love to see -which- character fired an ability when there are two copies. Specifically Caltrops - when there are two of those characters and you can't see the tiles, it would be nice to know which character should be targeted....