Forum Thread

aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
Forum post.

Comments

• Bobby_Lishez
    Bobby_Lishez Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    That was phenomenally informative. Thank you.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    D3 really needs to start paying you (money or CP) icon_e_wink.gif
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    At least it's fair because they reward the higher scaling with better rewards!

Oh... wait...

ykaxzvfxubvpk9bx3mju.jpg
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Good stuff, as usual. I don't think most players get this as far as scaling goes at very high levels. Ofc if you factor in having certain 5* for pve vs having other ones, the difficulty can go up even further or made a bit easier, again, depending who youve got.
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    D3 really needs to start paying you (money or CP) icon_e_wink.gif

Ha, thanks for the thought, but I am just observing and braindumping. And hoping others find things useful. I don't do anything for the devs.

We don't think they should pay you for what you do for them, but what you do for us.

The amount of time you put into research of this game, mainly for the benefit of others, is astounding and greatly appreciated.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Those caveats given, looks like that linear scaling from 290 on is a bad idea. So longs as stats increases exponentially, the growth in levels should be decaying.... A jump of 29 from 300 to 329 is nothing compared to 500 to 529.

I'm not good at reading and interpreting your graphs so I just want to highlight this key conclusion since to me its the main take away for D3.

5* players grow increasingly frustrated with scaling for a reason and I think Aesthetocyst does an admirable job at displaying why. This isn't so much a matter of 5* players wiping/retreating for battles either, its the absurd health and the general feeling that none of your actions help you 'win'.

Players entering into 5* tier have EVERY INCENTIVE IN THE WORLD to softcap their 5* champ levels right now. That shouldn't be the case. One of the GREAT things about the old pve system was the enemy level cap. While I understand that D3 probably doesn't want to cap the enemies the next best thing is significantly decay the scaling in order to PROMOTE leveling characters...even if its just 1 or 2.

In a perfect MPQ world there should be no downside to choosing to level your characters.
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Haven't you also described why champ levels for 5* are worth so much more than for 4* and lower? Seems like this is why a 470 is a killer compared to a 451.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    You broke this up into four parts just so I'd have to +1 you four times, right?