Lethal Improvisation Ignores Fortified Tiles? [solved]

KGB
KGB Posts: 3,168 Chairperson of the Boards
Playing in the Gauntlet and used 3* Bullseye against 4* Cage in the 2nd last node of 2nd Simulation.

Cage got off his fortify power and fortified Fist's attack tile and a protect tile he had created when I fired a power.

I was sure I wasn't going to be able to use Lethal Improvisation to down Cage since the tiles were fortified but I figured I'd give it a shot. I was more than a bit surprised when it let me target the 2 fortified tiles. Then shocked to see that instead of the fortification disappearing and the attack/protect tiles remaining that the fortified symbol remained but the tiles were turned back into regular tiles so that in essence regular tiles were fortified.

Is that how it's meant to work? I would have guessed that at best the fortification would be removed and at worst Bullseye couldn't target fortified tiles.

KGB

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fortified tiles are only protected against destruction, not conversion.
  • d90
    d90 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    3* Falcon's redwing passive also bypasses the fortification. It replaces with the countdown and leaves you with a fortified regular tile on the board. Pretty funny actually.
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Not a bug. Just a feature!
    Same using 3* Cap. You can use your shield to convert any fortified tile. Then you have a fortified counter. icon_cool.gif
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,168 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good to know.

That makes Lethal Improvisation a nice team up for 7 ap that can convert enemy fortified tiles.

KGB
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yup. All the "fortified" status does is prevent the tile from being destroyed the first time it would be destroyed. You can still convert it, steal it, weaken it, strengthen it, etc...

Anyone know if converting a fortified tile to a critical tile results in a fortified critical tile?
  • RogueZeroOne
    RogueZeroOne Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Yes actually.
    Yelena Belova's Payback mission will remove the countdown and leave a fortified critical tile that can be used twice.
    I was also wondering if that was a bug.
    In my mind, if something attacks or any anyway affects a fortified tile, shouldn't the fortification disappear first, leaving the countdown intact?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Yes actually.
    Yelena Belova's Payback mission will remove the countdown and leave a fortified critical tile that can be used twice.
    I was also wondering if that was a bug.
    In my mind, if something attacks or any anyway affects a fortified tile, shouldn't the fortification disappear first, leaving the countdown intact?

That sounds hilarious.

Fortified tiles are protected against being destroyed, not converted (or stolen). This behavior is specifically intended to avoid some undesired (By D3) interactions with characters that convert their own tiles (to basic, generally) for some benefit, such as Ant-Man, Mystique, Kate Bishop, Drax and Kingpin. Some of those characters actually had their powers changed to remove their tiles rather than destroy them, which was rather unpopular at the time.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's an interesting question:

Has anyone tried locking a fortified tile, or the reverse?

What about a fortified trap? I'd assume it doesn't go off when matched while fortified.
  • Jaedenkaal
    DayvBang wrote:
    Here's an interesting question:

Has anyone tried locking a fortified tile, or the reverse?

What about a fortified trap? I'd assume it doesn't go off when matched while fortified.

I haven't done it, but I will hazard a guess that a tile can't be locked and fortified at the same time, so locking it will remove the fortification (and lock it).
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    However, I've found a way to destroy a fortified trap at once.
    Use it as the center of a 5-match. The fortified effect is destroyed by the alignment and then the tile below is transformed into a critical tile.