Tank or Farm?? that is the question

Options
with no curent PvE and the Torch Pvp being so early, there is not much to do and MPQ is boring. So do I tank the LR to lower my mmr or should i farm them for ISO.

Comments

• do both. i usually farm the seed teams for the first 15 minutes. that gets me up to about 200 points. then its tanks away...

marc
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why not both? I should make a meme for that... hmm....
  • i defininately use the seed teams to farm, but that doesn't take lone. now i'm bored
  • kevind722 wrote:
    with no curent PvE and the Torch Pvp being so early, there is not much to do and MPQ is boring. So do I tank the LR to lower my mmr or should i farm them for ISO.

Do both! Save at least one seed team (I've started to save two just in case a retaliation covers one of them up), and then grind away on the other nodes. Work up to whatever tier you like/can (100/250/500), and then smack the seed team with your tank team, and voila! ISO + MMR management in one pretty little package.

FueprTH.jpg
  • kevind722 wrote:

Do both! Save at least one seed team (I've started to save two just in case a retaliation covers one of them up), and then grind away on the other nodes. Work up to whatever tier you like/can (100/250/500), and then smack the seed team with your tank team, and voila! ISO + MMR management in one pretty little package.

ok i must be extra slow today. i didn't even think about that
  • kevind722 wrote:

freerangecage is probably the easiest, followed by chopstuck or kicksthatkick. Don't save BattleAngel if you want to put in a proper tank team, because you'll lose.
  • Big Trouble in Little China!

I actually tried to convince my wife to let me name our son Jack Burton. She said she had to see the movie first and, once she did, she said "no **** way".

We have another baby due in October so I may get the chance to revisit that discussion.

On topic: Both. Totally both.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Work up to whatever tier you like/can (100/250/500), and then smack the seed team with your tank team, and voila! ISO + MMR management in one pretty little
    Please tell me you never started tanking after reaching 500.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Work up to whatever tier you like/can (100/250/500), and then smack the seed team with your tank team, and voila! ISO + MMR management in one pretty little

I have been the last 2-3 weeks (with the exception of the C. Mags rounds last week where I needed red for respec). I really do mean it when I say I don't want to take unnecessary covers from folks, so this is the one place since alliances began where I can ISO farm like crazy and then just get out of the way. For people making a 2*->3* transition those tokens can be really important.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    kevind722 wrote:

freerangecage is probably the easiest, followed by chopstuck or kicksthatkick. Don't save BattleAngel if you want to put in a proper tank team, because you'll lose.
    Really, any of the ones with level 1 1*s should be pretty trivial to defeat for a tank team, the free hero should be able to do it with match damage alone. You might have to use an actually semi-leveled character like baglady for the level 20 ones, like the one with juggs
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:

I have been the last 2-3 weeks (with the exception of the C. Mags rounds last week where I needed red for respec). I really do mean it when I say I don't want to take unnecessary covers from folks, so this is the one place since alliances began where I can ISO farm like crazy and then just get out of the way. For people making a 2*->3* transition those tokens can be really important.
    Oh I definitely believe that you don't want to grab rewards others might need!
    I just felt that getting to 500 is a pretty big effort, so I'd be definitely getting out of the way at 250.
    I guess if you want to farm ISO and can make it to 500 easily then it really is the best of both worlds.
    Now I see why it makes sense to leave _two_ seed teams - was thinking 'huh? why would someone retaliate if I'm just playing up to 250?'
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Now I see why it makes sense to leave _two_ seed teams - was thinking 'huh? why would someone retaliate if I'm just playing up to 250?'

Yeah, if I get hit before 500 (300-499), I'll just tank then and there with the other node to be safe.
  • Bowgentle wrote:

I can vouch for WYP doing this as i've personally seen it. He's a pretty cool guy overall icon_e_smile.gif Even if he is a tinykitty in the battlefield!
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    nYXzjx7.jpg
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    RKMprotoType.jpg
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:

Well, you also have to remember that statistically the worst team wyp has is lvl 87 xforce, lvl 101 rags and lvl 115 doom...
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:

Very classy.. You re a heck of a cool dude..
  • Tanking doesn't appear to work as well as it used to.... So kick some tinykitty
  • tanking and global MMR suxx hard.
    GET MMR for each event !!