4* transition help

Options
spudzo0
spudzo0 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
edited February 2017 in MPQ Tips and Guides
So I'm at the start of my 4* transition with 19 champed 3* most of which are high or top tier. I've got like 20 some odd 4* rostered right now and am realizing just how long this is going to take. I want to make sure my focus is in the right place to make the most of my game time to be able to grab as many 4* covers as quickly as possible. I only really play for about an hour a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Where should I focus my energy to get the most covers possible f2p casual?

Comments

• Peelman
    Peelman Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    • Continue spending ISO-8 to champ remaining 3*'s
    • If you're on Clearance Level 7/8, aim for the 4* reward in all PvE's (requires about 4 clears)
    • Complete Deadpool Daily. Check guides on Crash of the Titans to see if you have a chance with low covered 4*s when they come up
    • Spend CP on the Classic Legends to build up 4*s
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Peelman's advice is spot-on, and you would be best to follow it. The only thing I'd add is to try to get the 4 clears in PVE; that will get you both the 4* cover AND 25CP. Don't forget that you need to clear wave nodes 4 times as well. If you don't have the 4* essential, don't sweat it, you should still get the cover, just not the extra 15 CP unless you *really* like to grind.

A couple of other things that are working for me (I'm in the midst of the 4* transition myself, with 7 champs; I'm more cover starved than ISO starved at the moment):

Continue to save HP for roster slots. If you can get up to 5K or so, then keep an eye on the vaults, since you might be able to get an important cover by buying the vault out. This only works for small vaults, but it worked well for me in the Strange event.

In a similar vein, don't be afraid to save 120 CP and buy the 13th cover for a top-tier character, especially if you have an extra cover about to expire. This is only good for top tier toons like Bobby and PunMax, and only if you have the ISO to champ them.

Hoard ISO once you champ the 3*s. The more ISO you have, the more flexible you can be. If you have 1M ISO, then you can do what you need when you need to (champ a character, bulk one up for their clash, etc.). The ISO won't last forever, but right when you're transitioning, it helps.

If your main focus is PVE, then ignore most of the ratings advice on the forums. Any boosted 4* champ kicks **** in PVE. The more champs you have, the more likely you are to have a boosted one, and the easier it is to score. I did quite well in Gauntlet just by leveraging champed, boosted fury paired with boosted 3* or unboosted 4* for the most part. If your main focus is PVP, then you need to look at the ratings a lot more, since running Fury or Falcon will just get you killed (although when boosted, you'll get further than you think).

My 2 cents; feel free to take what makes sense.