I hate when...

Options
Ok, so I just had something frustrating happen to me and I need to let off some steam.

If YOU have something specific that happens to you IN GAME (although real life stuff could be good for a laugh) please feel free to went your frustration here.

I climb up to within top 10 range in the current PvP. I proceed to shield and as I leave the shield screen I suddenly have less points and I've dropped outside top 10 because a hit has registered right when I was applying the shield.

I wonder if the "Are you sure you want to spend x HP on shield" confirmation question needs to go away.

I've made 2 selection before that. I pressed the shield button and then I selected which shield I wanted and it clearly says how much it costs. During PvP you don't want to waste time with yet another button press. I would like for that final button press to be removed.

Rant over.

Comments

• No, conformation needs to stay for ppl who swaps at invitation to shield in LR by accident.
    Aaand game updates your points and your defeats with some delay - so extra second or two will not help. Cheers.
  • Shimary wrote:
    No, conformation needs to stay for ppl who swaps at invitation to shield in LR by accident.

I don't understand this point you're making? "swaps at invitation"??

Is there a way to avoid the issue I'm having. Should I wait longer after I finish a fight to let hits against me register?
  • How about make it a setting in the options menu. Perhaps a couple of options such as "Confirm all HP transactions?" and "Confirm all transactions over 200 HP?". Selecting the former would gray out the latter, and if you select neither you get a confirmation for all HP transactions. That way you can do a 3 hour shield and boosts with no worries, but you won't accidentally buy that 10 pack.
  • Did you check you score in the leader board before you shield?
    Some time you client is slow to register lost and change of point. This doesnt have anything to do with the confirmation of using shield.
  • Justdangit wrote:
    Did you check you score in the leader board before you shield?
    Some time you client is slow to register lost and change of point. This doesnt have anything to do with the confirmation of using shield.

I'll start doing this in the future.

Thanks
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just a warning -- checking the leaderboard might help but won't prevent this from occurring 100% of the time. Just a little while ago, I checked my rank on the leaderboard, bought a shield, then lost points.
  • You can purchase a shield and still lose points after said purchase. Any ongoing attacks against your team will count against you regardless of when you activate the shield. The result is if you shield and then exit your game for some time, you will likely see several people have attacked you and while most will be grey, one will be red and cost you points. I've contacted D3 about this twice, it appears to be by design or at least they have not agreed that it is a bug.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hate when ....

... I take Human Torch into the Prologue to try him out, and he gets killed by flamethrowers. icon_redface.gif
  • I hate that while I'm shielded I don't get attacked for hours, but as soon as my first match ends after breaking my shield, I get attacked once or twice, **** hate that
  • I hate it when...

I stick a load of boosts on to do a hard node, fail with 5 health left on my opponenent (wasting health and boosts) then try to cheer myself up by doing a lightning round and FORGET TO TAKE MY BOOSTS OFF on the first lv1 seed opponent I face.

I think 'automatically deselect boosts before next battle' is my most wanted option in this game.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hate it when the boards are totally against you.
    So here I am doing the current event with the insanely small roster. I use Storm, Human Torch and Wolverine.

Board is full of purples and blues.
    Yeah, thanks, give me a selection that would be AWESOME with my main team of Magneto and Storm C, but utterly useless for my current build. And it's against minions too, so I can never clear their stupid timers, or slow them down with Black Widow or do anything with them at all. So my level 50+ team loses to a collection of level 40ish flamethrowers.
  • I hate when I have a buff of forced character that pushes my team out of their normal order and I accidentally use Hailstorm instead of Rage of the Panther because the buttons are not in their usual spot.
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    I hate when I have a buff of forced character that pushes my team out of their normal order and I accidentally use Hailstorm instead of Rage of the Panther because the buttons are not in their usual spot.

The WORST is when Psylocke was buffed and I kept doing her ability instead of Wind Storm or Anti-Grav icon_evil.gif