opening standard packs

a grumbler
a grumbler Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
I have a fair bit of iso8 to use and standard packs yield about 1 in 9 2star, so I would like to spend 100-200K on that.
Is there a way to buy multiple standard packs? Autoclickers don't seem to work in MPQ and it would take hours to do it ine at a time (and my fingers would be bloody stumps)

Comments

• Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    You should be happy that this isn't a feature, as you could have wasted tons of ISO otherwise. Never buy standard tokens with ISO.
  • Teskal
    Teskal Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2017
    ... Never buy standard tokens with ISO.

While building up all my 2*'s to champions and get them maxed (all but bagman), I had around 90k iso-8 and not really much to spend it.

So I decided to spend them on Gray Tokens. It gave me a good boost on my 2* and there were even few 3* I got.

Even later I spend 5k - 8k on Gray Tokens. Only stopped with it after I pressed more into 3* transition and needed the iso-8 for 3*.

Depending how you play, you can make easily 20k - 30k iso-8 every day. (But not during the Gauntlet!)

In the end, I never regret it.

If I would have to restart my account, I would do it again.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree that it can be useful to spend some ISO on standard pulls, but only in the beginning. Of course it's not 'efficient' in the long run, but anything that can help covering your 2*s a bit faster may be worth it. Really, playing with (for example) a 2/1/0 Steve Rogers + 1/1/1 OBW + 3/0/2 Thor is quite a drag. (Really, it takes quite long to finish matches because just about everything hinges on match damage).

But, that wasn't the discussion icon_mrgreen.gif

On the topic of multiple opening: I'd really like to see something like that implemented as well, especially a 'spend X tokens' (or spend ALL tokens) button. I tend to accumulate decent stashes before going on opening sprees, but if you have 250 standard tokens, there's quite some clicking involved...
  • Teskal
    Teskal Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Yes, it is only useful at the beginning to buy gray tokens and not the main subject. My answer was only an answer to this opinion 'Never buy standard tokens with iso-8'. Which is not completely wrong, but from my view and experience on buying these tokens not correct for a beginner.

Personally I do no see a reason to make an option to buy standard tokens in packs. It was kind of addictive to buy one after another till I get few 2* and 3* covers. icon_e_smile.gif

But if there would be a price lowerage for buying packs, it would be cool. (Not for me, but I just stopped buying them...)
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    I would prefer an "open all standard tokens" button, to save time icon_e_biggrin.gif
    (and maybe a "sell them directly" button too)
  • a grumbler
    OK what do you mean by grey tokens?
  • a grumbler
    OK Gray then.

What the heck do you mean by gray tokens??????????????????????
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    a grumbler wrote:
    OK Gray then.

What the heck do you mean by gray tokens??????????????????????

Standard tokens.
  • A_Wise_Man
    A_Wise_Man Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, I tend to agree. Never buy standard tokens. Playing this game means either being bottlenecked by iso or covers. Either you've got too many covered and not enough iso, or nothing to level and too much iso. I find the latter to be more tolerable, because once you do get covers, you can level them right away. If you spend all your iso and get covers....you have to build it up again to level. Never buy standard tokens with iso. Always buy everything else, though
  • a grumbler
    Yes I have read "never buy standard packs" a million times. However, did you do the maths?
    It doesn't matter now you can't buy them any more, but you were able to buy 100 standard for 50K.
    That would give you about 10 2star and 1 3star. with the bonuses for leveling champs that would be several more and you would also get back about 13K.
    Would I spend 37K for that return? Durn tootin' I would
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    a grumbler wrote:
    Yes I have read "never buy standard packs" a million times. However, did you do the maths?
    It doesn't matter now you can't buy them any more, but you were able to buy 100 standard for 50K.
    That would give you about 10 2star and 1 3star. with the bonuses for leveling champs that would be several more and you would also get back about 13K.
    Would I spend 37K for that return? Durn tootin' I would
    I wouldn't, I'd just save the ISO for the high level characters. Now that you need to pull in 30K ISO a day just to stay afloat with the fourstar releases spending a day's earnings on standard tokens is irresponsible.
    You may not be short on ISO right now, but sooner or later you will need every drop you can get.

Also, champion rewards are at best ISO neutral, you do it for the other rewards and not the ISO.