How about a test/training mode and/or gallery ?

tonypq
tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
I'd really like to see a training mode, ala like fighting games have. Those modes are always so much fun to practice and hone your skills. With the amount of characters released in this game to date and many more to come I imagine, it would would be great to have a training mode to play with all your hard earned characters, be able to try different team combos and what not.

I imagine a training mode allowing you to fight random teams and an option to select the characters you'll will fight against. Would be nice to include NPC baddies as well as the characters that can be unlocked and played, that way you can test things for both PVE and PVP scenarios. Also training mode would not deplete your characters health, allowing you to practice but still be able to help your guild or yourself in PVE/PVP events afterwards. New unreleased characters might even be added, even if not playable, but able to pit your team against them, might help the developer uncover bugs/balancing issues before making the new character go live too.

Maybe some extras or rewards could be implemented to spice up training mode too. Weather or not those rewards come from time spent in training mode alone, and/or PVE/PVP lower tier rewards as well, it would be cool to unlock things to use in training mode. Maybe there could be a training mode skin for each character that could be rewarded/unlocked, Marvel themed background music for training mode, just to name a couple possibilities.

I'd also really like to see a gallery of sorts. With some many characters in this game with more coming, it would be really cool to have a gallery mode to view all the art work/covers. Maybe lay the covers out for display and an option like album cover mode on Ipods or music players, to be able to view 1 cover and swipe through them all. I know you can look at the cover art via the roster screen already, but would be cool to make something more in depth, especially with them time and in some people's cases money spent on this game.

Maybe instead of alternating covers once in a blue and having no choice, those alternates could be unlocks or rewards, allowing people to roll with whichever cover they like the most. Considering how many comics/covers there are for most of these characters in real life, there should be enough covers to allow a few options for each of them and for those characters that have say 2/3/4/5 start variations.

With Marvel licensing, maybe something could be worked out to be able to read the comic for which cover is shown on your character. Maybe it's something we'd end up having to pay for rather than a reward or unlock, but at a reasonable price to purchasing a comic at the store or digitally in other apps, this could be a cool feature for MPQ and. I could see other features, maybe allowing you to custom skin MPQ with colors or themes of your favorite character, or a feature to be able to use your favorite unlocked covers as wallpaper on your phone. Of course when special character related events come around, D3 should still certainly be able to override anyone's skin for the even duration.

I think a couple modes like this would add a lot to the game, one people put so much time into, especially with the hoard of characters in game. It also gives people other cool stuff to unlock and play for, and able to get more enjoyment out of these covers people have spent so much time to acquire.

Comments

• DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I think a training mode would be a very good addition. It's tough trying to figure out team compatibility by, basically, trial and error. Because there's a lot of error....
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Yeah I agree, especially with events like Gauntlet or others where the competition is scaled super high. Would be nice to be able to fool around in a training mode on different team combos/strats without having to get your characters killed, then not be able to use them to help yourself/guild in PVE/PVP with them for half the day or whatever time might be left in the events.
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    I'm all for this. I mean trying to transition into 4*s with limited roster space it's often really frustrating to try to figure out if a certain character is worth keeping and/or training up. Many times even things that look great on paper don't really work out that well and vice versa.