I think I found a cheating alliance

Options
Unknown
edited April 2014 in MPQ Alliances
EDIT:Thanks everyone, I was expecting to be called a newb to death, Yeah Im relatively new, I didn't know that everyone is put in brackets for events, it explains so much. You guys are great. For any S.H.I.E.L.D members that may have seen this, I am sorry for what I said. It wont happen again

Comments

• DecoyDuck
    DecoyDuck Posts: 620
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Harford0 wrote:
    Looking at the Hollowpoint Kiss event the top alliance S.H.I.E.L.D. seem to be much futher ahead of everyone and most of their members have more points than the top player in this event. My main reason I bring this up is because their member Jachdo already has a level 1102 Human Torch while one of their other players has a Human Torch with 2 red and 2 black. How is this possible since the card has only been given out in the Unstable Iso event and the max everyone else has is 1 of each cover (Im pretty sure they are not available in packs yet). Am I missing something here or are this alliance cheating (or at least some of its players)? Check them out for yourself. If Im wrong then Im sorry.

You can pay HP to buy additional covers of the ones you already have.

EDIT 4/9: I'm surprised this thread has legs. I thought a short, terse answer would keep any potential name-calling, and "noob this-and-that" away. But the community took it and somehow found a way to turn it positive. Despite the occasional ruckus, this is a pretty decent community.
  • And now I feel stupid
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Man, those S.H.I.E.L.D guys have all the attention, even get blamed of cheating by newbie players.

On the topic though: the only times you can be definitely sure a person is cheating if they have a max level character while lacking covers for them (e.g. 5/0/0 lvl 141 Patch or something), or they have every single character in the game maxed and some maxed duplicates even (no sane person would do that or could have resources to do that, although some people are getting closer to maxing out their Invisible Women and X-Force Wolvies). So no, don't go around calling people cheaters if you are not sure how the game works yet. Here, the obligatory Polarity guide for newer players viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3939

Edit: also the top players in the event that you see aren't the top players of the event on the whole, because the players are divided in brackets, or pools, upon joining an event. There are multiple brackets at the same time and people with better rosters have better chances of scoring higher, you might see some of them in your own bracket (all depends on the time of joining) but you are unlikely to fight them for a long time to come because the game also divides players by their matchmaking rating/ranking (MMR) which roughly represents their win/loss ratio and overall level.
  • Damn you S.H.I.E.L.D !!!!
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif

No worries harford - thanks for keeping vigilant!
  • Don't worry. We all gave Jachdo some grief for blowing his HP stash on Human Torch. I think his reasons had something about "fire, fire, fire" or Imagining it was Jennifer Lawrence in a fiery dress, and not so he can share levels stats with the team.
  • I like fire.
  • He's gunna let it burn burn burn.

But yeah at op, we're gunna win a lot of pvp's. A LOT.

icon_e_smile.gif
  • Jachdo puts the same message on the alliance chat before every single battle: "Flame On"

At first it was cute, then annoying, and now we really don't notice it anymore. He just really likes Torch. Also the crazy thing some of us have going on, I'm sure that applies here as well icon_twisted.gif
  • Harford0 wrote:
    And now I feel stupid

No worries Harford icon_e_wink.gif I just got a little over enthusiastic about this particular character.

Welcome to the forums!
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree. They're all cheaters! The lot of 'em! icon_evil.gif
  • Twysta wrote:

harold-and-khumar-thumbs-up.gif
  • Twysta wrote:
    Flame On! Oh wait, that's Jachdo's part. icon_twisted.gif
  • I actually think this one's classic. I don't know why I even clicked here, just morbid curiosity about some cheater alliance. But that he was pointing out Shield; man, that is too ripe.

To the OP: we're all with you, brother! Shield are just unfair!

They win everything except the punctuation bee, and they've even made that into a win.
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    I actually think this one's classic. I don't know why I even clicked here, just morbid curiosity about some cheater alliance. But that he was pointing out Shield; man, that is too ripe.

To the OP: we're all with you, brother! Shield are just unfair!

They win everything except the punctuation bee, and they've even made that into a win.

Nah, we absolutely SUCK at PvE, 3rd and 5th place finishes. Completion of our auto-grinding machine cannot come soon enough icon_e_wink.gif
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Nah, we absolutely SUCK at PvE, 3rd and 5th place finishes. Completion of our auto-grinding machine cannot come soon enough icon_e_wink.gif

I think Lazy is a better word.

So Hated Is Environment Laziness Develops
  • I KNEW IT.

Now i had my suspicions but i couldn't prove it. But thank you kind sir for figuring it out. Damn those pesky S.H.I.E.L.D cheating scum and your level 102 HottieMcHottie. Damn you all to hell.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mhhj3g8dzx1qz4rgp.gif
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Funnniest unintentional thread ever. I needed a smile this morning and accusing S.H.I.E.L.D of being the cheating alliance provided that. Sorry to the OP for laughing at your expense but it is really hard not to after playing against most of them for so long and admiring their gameplay. Sort of like accusing LeBron James or Lionel Messi of being cheaters.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Jachdo wrote:
    I like fire.

All I can think of is Jachdo hanging out with Beavis saying Fire! Fire! (If you don't do the Beavis voice it doesn't work.)