Higher level character should ALWAYS be the one selected

Whenever there is a mandatory special guest, and there is a duplicate character on your team the one that should be selected is the higher leveled one. Simple as that.

Comments

• Yes please!
  • I'd vote for whichever you selected last. If I'm using my Thor, don't default back to the guest. But if I used the guest on the last attempt, stick with him.
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    I'd vote for whichever you selected last. If I'm using my Thor, don't default back to the guest. But if I used the guest on the last attempt, stick with him.

Your default solution is much much better, default selection please. I'm sick and tired of running into a fight with a level 6 Thor when my level 6x Thor is at home scratching his butt.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    fatcatfan wrote:
    I'd vote for whichever you selected last. If I'm using my Thor, don't default back to the guest. But if I used the guest on the last attempt, stick with him.
    Except sometimes I use the lvl 6 Thor when my real Thor is healing up and I still want to get a game in. So that means 25% of the time I'd accidentally be running in with lvl 6 Thor because I'll have forgotten that I used him in the last match. It's really not fun to find yourself facing off against a lvl 50 Thor with your puny lvl 6 ready to get two-shot. Especially after wasting boosts on a match that's now got a higher chance to lead to a wipe.

Edit: I'm coming back to say please make this the default. Four times tonight I entered a battle with the wrong Thor. Really, really a slap-my-forehead and curse moment. I should be able to hop out of a match and right into the next one without having to reselect my Thor every time. And it always seems to happen when I'm going into a particularly tough battle and have used boosts...
  • This is common sense...yes.
  • pumkin wrote:
    Edit: I'm coming back to say please make this the default. Four times tonight I entered a battle with the wrong Thor. Really, really a slap-my-forehead and curse moment. I should be able to hop out of a match and right into the next one without having to reselect my Thor every time. And it always seems to happen when I'm going into a particularly tough battle and have used boosts...

And what if *your* Thor suffered massive damage and you want to give him a break? If highest level is always selected, you'll have to switch back to the guest Thor each time, or have the same slap-your-forehead moment when you realize your weakened Thor isn't going to last two turns. Bottom line, there's no foolproof default option.
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    pumkin wrote:

And what if *your* Thor suffered massive damage and you want to give him a break? If highest level is always selected, you'll have to switch back to the guest Thor each time, or have the same slap-your-forehead moment when you realize your weakened Thor isn't going to last two turns. Bottom line, there's no foolproof default option.

I think it's fair to say that using the guest Thor would be in the minority, and if you were willing to use the guest Thor, even a critically wounded Thor would be an improvement even if it was unintended. A guest Thor when expecting a leveled Thor will likely result in a wipe or retreat.
  • Snickity wrote:
    fatcatfan wrote:
    pumkin wrote:

I think it's fair to say that using the guest Thor would be in the minority, and if you were willing to use the guest Thor, even a critically wounded Thor would be an improvement even if it was unintended. A guest Thor when expecting a leveled Thor will likely result in a wipe or retreat.
    Exactly. Besides, I pay more attention to my Thor. I know if he comes out of a fight needing time to regen and I give it to him. So if I want to play with Baby Lvl 6 Thor, it's a conscious decision and I consciously select him, if that makes sense. Baby Lvl 6 Thor is just a little jokester who likes to pop up when you've forgotten about him.

And as Snickety says, accidentally entering a fight with a lvl 50 Thor at 1/5 health, ~600hp, with 3 color attacks including a red one that costs 6AP maxed is a lot better than accidentally entering a fight with Baby Thor at 600hp and one attack that requires 15AP to use. Even just straight up attacks with a 600hp lvl 50 Thor can kill somebody in a few hits. Baby Thor can't do that. (And anyways, if my Thor got all the way down to 600hp, I'd usually health pack him and keep going with him.)
  • fatcatfan wrote:

+1 for this. 8 times out of 10 you're going to want your high-level character, and every so often, you won't. This solution probably covers the situation best.
  • FoxInSox
    FoxInSox Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Please change this. I've had to retreat at least twice this tournament by going up against some heavy hitters only to see that my mid 70's level thor is nowhere to be seen and I'm stuck with this puny impostor. Combined with losing a third of your health when retreating makes this "issue" very painful.

I honestly don't care which solution is chosen, so long as the going with the weaker character by default isn't it.
  • This has got to be fixed. Just wasted boosts after my 600 level Thor got trotted out.
  • Regalis wrote:
    This has got to be fixed. Just wasted boosts after my 600 level Thor got trotted out.

Not only that, but now if you retreat everyone takes 1/3 of their full HP as damage. Even in PvP. Because, you know, losing the points (and maybe boosts) isn't punishment enough.
  • 100% agree with either Highest Level or Last Used.

I realize it is my responsibility to verify I have the right one selected, but it still ticks me off every time I forget. Not that I would every play the game during an office meeting and be only partially paying attention to the game or anything. *cough cough* Especially now that the 0 Heals goes back to full in ~2.5 hours,
  • Yes, wasted so many boosts and health packs because of this.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Regalis wrote:
    This has got to be fixed. Just wasted boosts after my 600 level Thor got trotted out.

Not only that, but now if you retreat everyone takes 1/3 of their full HP as damage. Even in PvP. Because, you know, losing the points (and maybe boosts) isn't punishment enough.

Yeah, I actually wish you could retreat without penalty before making your first move for that reason (when you wonder why the red and yellow stones have the wrong symbol), but I get that this would be abused at times. Still, it would be a compromise from the old way.

I actually used to make a game out of getting through PvE missions without taking a point of damage. I could have the last enemy down to a handful of points, but if a countdown tile was going to trigger, I'd still retreat. My own personal meta, I guess, but it was fun. Don't do that anymore.
  • I think which ever one has more health should be selected. The one you want to use will most likely have more health. The only reason not to that I can think of is if you are using C.Storm in which case you should DIE! Kidding, I don't have a problem with her, and I use her. But when your Thor is too low, it will pick the other one. I think it would work.