How to get specific 4*s and 5*s

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
I really need two OML yellows to champion my 5/1/5 OML. Unfortunately, currently there's only a 0.56% chance that I'll pull it from an LT Classic, so it will basically never happen, considering that I only earn enough CP for at most 5 pulls per week, and hoarding cp doesn't improve odds at all, plus you can't exchange covers for 5*s from LT Classics.

Additionally, I have 36 championed 4*s and thus currently only ten 4*s who aren't championed. Which means that when I pull an LT, 78% of the time, it will just be a champion reward and not a cover from one of the newer 4*s. Which is fine, because I like champion rewards. But there are some new characters, such as Medusa or Captain Marvel that I'd love to champion and use regularly. Unfortunately due to 4* dilution, the odds that I'll pull one of those specific characters gets lower and lower as more 4*s are released.

At least with 4*s there are progression prizes for various events, as well as vault prizes (I will never hit 4* placement rewards, so I don't count those). There are no such possibilities for 5*s.

It would be great if there was some sort of vault or ability to win the 4* and 5* covers and colors that I prefer!

Comments

• firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd say, save up 2 x 720 CP. It is way too expensive, I know. Two months of saving CP for one cover is pretty demoralizing. The system is broken, and is in dire need of a change. But, it may be your only way to finish OML right now.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the idea of saving 720, but in practice, I don't think I can do it. I was able to spend around two weeks, getting to around 180 cp, and then I gave up.

At my rate (around 100 cp per week), it will take around 15 weeks to get to 720 x 2, which is just too long for me to spin my wheels.

And I don't think that's the right answer for people in my position, of which I'm quite sure I'm not alone.

All transitions are relatively fast, and then suddenly only getting one new cover after months of work?? Doesn't make for a fun experience at all.