Shout out to a tough opponent!

bob554
bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Playing Strange Sights, gunning for #1 spot (CL6). clearing my subs with a clear #1, but on the overall leaderboard I keep getting pipped in literally the last half hour by one player. You know who you are! icon_lol.gif

even though I'm playing sort-of-optimally (finish my initial clears within first 90 minutes, start my 2nd round about 2 hours out) it's daylight between him (her?), me and the pack and I was mightily impressed by the sheer amount of points and speed at which they took the last points.

not sure what the rules are about naming players, but if you see this, well played and well deserved Quake!

P.S. If I'm allowed to name, would love to give a proper shout-out!

Comments

• Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Props to you for trying to give credit where credit is due!
    On a different note, I think it's sad that we have to be so wary when referring to other players directly. I understand it's bad if the forums devolve into hatred and calling people out, but I'm hoping in an instance where it's quite clear that in doing so is intended only to praise, there shouldn't be a problem. I know the boards recently haven't been super modded like they were nearly a year ago, but this is still sad.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    If you know they are on the forums, send them a private message. If they post in this thread, you can name them without issues.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    bob554 wrote:
    Playing Strange Sights, gunning for #1 spot (CL6). clearing my subs with a clear #1, but on the overall leaderboard I keep getting pipped in literally the last half hour by one player. You know who you are! icon_lol.gif

even though I'm playing sort-of-optimally (finish my initial clears within first 90 minutes, start my 2nd round about 2 hours out) it's daylight between him (her?), me and the pack and I was mightily impressed by the sheer amount of points and speed at which they took the last points.

not sure what the rules are about naming players, but if you see this, well played and well deserved Quake!

Calling out specific players is against the forum rules. This includes posting screenshots from the game that include the names of other players.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    bob554 wrote:

Calling out specific players is against the forum rules. This includes posting screenshots from the game that include the names of other players.

Thanks, I was pretty sure that was the case, so just wanted to check
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    bob554 wrote:

I know that screen shots have been discussed in the past in the odd thread or two, but the forum rules don't mention it. Can they be updated?

And can it be clarified whether congratulations (without a screen shot) counts as calling out? It's a pat on the back, not a slap in the face with a duelling glove, the very epitome of Rule 6.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I've found guys on line and messaged them there when I've been in a close battle with other guys in pve. Sometimes you just have to congratulate a guy on running an optimal pve and beating you out buy a few points over the course of an event.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    bob554 wrote:

I know that screen shots have been discussed in the past in the odd thread or two, but the forum rules don't mention it. Can they be updated?

And can it be clarified whether congratulations (without a screen shot) counts as calling out? It's a pat on the back, not a slap in the face with a duelling glove, the very epitome of Rule 6.
    I'll bring it up and get some clarification today hopefully.