Stop Torturing Players!

wgruyter
wgruyter Posts: 4
Not a fan of this Dr. Strange event....

I dont know if you realize this, but having an event which is just geared towards dealing +5.000 damage per round with strike and attack tiles that come on the board from the get-go is NOT fun!!
I'm burning through my health packs like crazy, since I need to use like 3 after each match...

STOP TORTURING PLAYERS!

Comments

• SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Kaecilius is much more of a puzzle boss then an out-right boss-fight. Characters like Patch or anyone that makes enemystrike.png tend to make him much easier to deal with.
  • Teskal
    Teskal Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Kaecilius was only once a problem for me. But only because I didn't know him and that I can hit him only with his created tiles.

Knewing it, I took 3x 10k characters and he was not really a problem anymore. Ok, I'm lower level, so he didn't lower damage.

Twice he killed him even himself.

I really liked the event.

1. because not all players play at the same time the same subchapter.
    2. just because it is something else
    3. a nice boss, first boss I liked.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    I thought the OP was talking about the Mindless Ones dropping special tiles at the start of each fight, although I don't know how scaled up you have to be for them to deal 5K damage (or even 2500 apiece for a Strike & Attack).

Since Strange's Yellow ability (when sufficiently ranked) makes it pretty easy to clean up mindless ones (fast cheap countdowns), there has to be something else to provide the danger. The strength of the start-of-fight special tiles seems like a little much, but it has to balance against the likelihood that you'll be able to wipe them off the board within your first few turns and prevent any new ones from dropping. Otherwise, you can plan ahead by bringing a character who is suited to removing the kind of special tile that is bothering you the most.

Special events that involve boss fights are typically just creative ways to get players to burn through their reserve of health packs.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    As a player with two lv 420 five-stars, I found the challenge to be just right. K was tough, but with OML/Falcap/Mr.F, it wasn't so bad.

I put my Falcap's Yellow to 5 covers, so I could cast his shields whenever possible, to lower the damage from all the strike tiles.

Similarly the final survival nodes of each sub were quite tough, but I could generally beat them at least the first few times. And the node with Mordo was often tough because it's hard badguys and he was basically useless (his purple was all that I had... and it what... steals 1 ap from your opponent??). But again I won enough times to pull through.

I hear it's much harder for those with champed 5*s.