Strange Ending

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Did you make it to the end? Did you beat Kaecilius with all three mystic objects? How did you find the ending to be?

Comments

• nyck1118
    nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    There's a story?
  • TheLadder77
    TheLadder77 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    It was hardly earth shattering stuff.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I squeaked by. He murdered my Kingpin and I was lucky he didn't cascade my Patch before he could use his green. He was knocked down to 127HP and I was convinced a lucky cascade would finish him, but it didn't happen.

Thank God for the fact Kaecilius hurts himself when strike tiles are matched or I'd probably have lost.

Though it does suck that strike tiles cleared by making a match 4 don't count.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was cute. At least there was somewhat of a reason to beat K this time (3500 iso vs 200? last time) but still, I was hoping for one last "good job!" special reward like a token or CP or something. Otherwise it's just "ok guys. Same time tomorrow?"
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't remember seeing an ending, but I'm so used to skipping the dialogue I probably missed it. icon_lol.gif
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    he was all whiny that even being this amazing sorcerer, how could you beat him? and then the "whomp whomp, I failed!" stuff.

that is all I gathered from it. I read the screen quickly but I never hit the *skip to next dialogue* button, I always hit the *skip to end of dialogue* button, so I don't know what else there was.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I wish I'd remembered that that story finished this time. Skip reflexes.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was underwhelming, but at least there was an ending now icon_razz.gif.

For those that missed it, it was something along the lines of:
    Kaecilius: 'THIS CANNOT BE!'
    Strange: *locks Kaecilius in the dark dimension*
    Strange: 'We are safe.... FOR NOW!'
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, this time when you play, the first time you fight him, it goes (paraphrasing):
    "You only have _Item 1_, you cannot defeat me!!"
    Then, the second time, it goes:
    "You have both _Item 1_ and _Item 2_, but you won't defeat me!"
    Then, the final time, it goes:
    "You have all three items, but you won't defeat me!" "Wait, you did defeat me!" "I won!" "The End"
    Which is an improvement on last time, when it simply went:
    "Looks like I don't have enough items yet... time to try again tomorrow", even though you had all three items by this point.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Don't forget his line "Nooooo"
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    Don't forget his line "Nooooo"

200_s.gif