Dead Alliance Discussion

Options
trey9
trey9 Posts: 102
edited April 2014 in MPQ Alliances
Quick summary of lightning round tanking:

1. Right when a lightning round starts, click on the event.
2. There will be seed teams only if you do it right away.
3. You should have at least one team that has very low levels (1 boosted hero at lv.30 and two more under lv.5)
4. If not, skip until you have one (should only take 1 or 2 skips)
5. BEAT them with the WORST team you have (they will have your strong version of magneto for example if it is his lightning round, so put in the lv.30 one they give you instead and your two lowest level team members). You shouldn't be losing on purpose, you need to WIN in order to tank.
6. After you win, just wait. People will start defeating you left and right. And since your MMR depends mostly on wins and losses, you will see much easier opponents in the next pvp.
Your mmr will drop a lot while you aren't even playing, so you can just do something else and watch the losses pile up.
7. Then repeat for each new lightning round. You probably only need to do this maybe for 2-4 lightning rounds each week and your opponents levels will go way down. To see how much they have gone down, you can skip a few times in whatever pvp is going on you should get a good idea of what the average team you will face will look like. If they are still too high, just keep tanking more rounds. I imagine for anyone that doesn't regularly do this, you will want to tank a ton of lightning rounds.

NOTE: the most important part of this is starting the lightning round as soon as it opens. For example, lightning rounds usually start at 11:00 am for me, so I open the app at 10:59 am and wait until the lightning round starts, then I enter.
Also, after you win a bunch in pvp, your mmr will go back up, so you need to do this every week in order to keep opponents levels in check.

Let me know if you guys have any questions and if you don't have a forum account, feel free to make one.
Thanks.

Comments

• trey9
    Options
    Also tips on when to start an event:

If you start early on, you will be put in a bracket with competitive people, so you really want to wait to start.
    For example, we all ended up with fairly similar numbers in the unstable iso event, but i finished top 20 and i noticed some of you only got the alliance reward for the human torch.
    This is because i started about a day into the tournament. Due to the way rubberbanding works, you can start at basically any time and you will end up with nearly the same score.
    The only thing you will miss out on is iso, but if you start about a day or so into the event, you won't miss out on much iso and you will have a much easier time placing highly in your brackets.
    But i am not saying everyone should start at exactly 1 day in, because then we would be competing for the same prizes! So maybe start 8 hours in, 12 hours in, 48 hours in, etc. Just not within the first few hours.

Also for pvp, you really shouldn't start until the last day for the same reasoning, getting in an easier bracket. If you have a healer on your team (obw or spidey) then you should have no problem placing top ten or top 5 consistently with the help of tanking. What I like to do is to start with maybe 6-20 hours left and then wait until there are 4 hours left (if you have a healer on the team). When there are 4 hours left I push to the highest score i can before i start seeing teams that will be quite hard for me to beat or if i start getting defeated a lot. Then i will try to push for just a few more wins to get the highest score i can and then if you time it correctly, throw up a 3 hour shield when there are just a little bit less than 3 hours left. And then monitor my placement within those last 3 hours. When you are shielded, you can't lose points, so just watch what place you are in. And if you are 1 battle away from placing top 10, you can attack someone and break shield with about 3 mins to go in the tourney. I usually get about 700+ points in each tournament, sometimes more, which is almost always good enough for the top ten maybe even top 5.

Let me know if there are any questions.
  • Few notes to what trey has written.

1. Tanking works great, it's just about number of losses, it can even be achieved by loosing on purpose in PVP, but that way is pretty boring. Last two PVPs I tried it and I have to say, that even if I've entered the event right in the beginning, continued loosing for 2 days and started to collect points only 5 hours prior to the end, I won both easily and unattacked. The second one I had to go over 1000 points and still opponents were low enough. Just this works for lvl 100+ heroes, where even lvl 85 heroes are weak for me, if you use lvl 85, it won't work such high probably.

2. The PVE rubberbanding gives you an option to play only once a day and still loose nothing. Anytime your missions stay unplayed for 12 hours they have enough points to get you to the #1 and if you play always the one with most points at the moment, it is usually enough to pass 10-12 missions. If you pass them more times (but never exceed 4 times for a single mission), you can usually have 1000+ points more, than actual #1. To finish on the fair place (I always finish #1 if I follow my own rules), you have to stop playing some 16+ hours prior to the end of event, then play through 5 times low points missions in 2 hours (to get rewards and few points) and last 2 hours you should again use the rule to pass the mission with most points at the moment. The reason is, that points are rapidly increasing last 1-2 hours and also somehow the points for them do not fall down that much like during the whole event. I know that especially for Europe players this is a problem as events usually finish at 6 a.m. or some at 6 p.m., both times are not good, so not everyone can use this technique.

3. I'm not that sure, that entering PVE late is that good idea, I like brackets with hard players as the points are always calculated to get you to #1, so if there are many players passing more missions, than just level the #1, the whole bracket advances more in points. Late started brackets have the same chance, but usually not that intensive players. I always go as high as possible over the #1 to help the bracket to advance faster icon_e_smile.gif I have noticed, that in Unstable ISO-8 most of you ended with 53-54k, I had almost 56k and still couple of missions for over 200 points, just there was no need to pass them as no one was really attacking #1 anymore.

You may have noticed, that since I entered the alliance, in all events I contributed with the most points, so that's the proof, that I know what I'm talking about icon_e_smile.gif
  • trey9
    Options
    When I mentioned starting late in the Pve tournaments, I meant that it will help you to get the individual covers more easily as the other players in these late starting brackets will generally not be as dedicated as the ones who start right away. But if you only want the maximum points, yes starting immediately is probably better. It was a suggestion for the players that don't end up with all three covers from the event. I think getting all of the covers in each event is super important to the individual player as well as the alliance, maybe even more so than just getting a high score because most of the time a few points won't put us into a lower reward bracket. Getting all the covers for a new character means that you will be better suited to get a lot of points in the next pve, which will undoubtedly feature the new character.
  • trey9 wrote:
    When I mentioned starting late in the Pve tournaments, I meant that it will help you to get the individual covers more easily as the other players in these late starting brackets will generally not be as dedicated as the ones who start right away. But if you only want the maximum points, yes starting immediately is probably better. It was a suggestion for the players that don't end up with all three covers from the event. I think getting all of the covers in each event is super important to the individual player as well as the alliance, maybe even more so than just getting a high score because most of the time a few points won't put us into a lower reward bracket. Getting all the covers for a new character means that you will be better suited to get a lot of points in the next pve, which will undoubtedly feature the new character.

I couldn't agree more icon_e_smile.gif Anyway for alliance is better to have more points and I just wanted to say, that anyone can be easily in top10 to get all covers if he really wants to and that does not depend on the time of start icon_e_biggrin.gif