4* Iron Fist incoming?

Options
MaxxPowerz
MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Couldn't help but notice the final two prizes for the gauntlet. Very subtle.

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As good guess as it can be. Why not? But we didn't get TV version of Daredevil and Jessica Jones.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Magic wrote:
    As good guess as it can be. Why not? But we didn't get TV version of Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

We got Kingpin for season 1 and Big Pun for season 2 of DD. They didn't do anything for JJ though, which I still find odd. Maybe that was just due to the subject matter of the show.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Iron Fist will probably be the next release after Agent Coulson. As it happens, that would but his release PvP starting on March 17th, the same day his Netflix show premieres.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Magic wrote:

We got Kingpin for season 1 and Big Pun for season 2 of DD. They didn't do anything for JJ though, which I still find odd. Maybe that was just due to the subject matter of the show.

The devs have stated the reason why we never got Jessica Jones was because by the time Marvel released the details of her powers to them, the show was already coming out. I would have loved to see Purple Man.. maybe S2 we'll finally get Jessica Jones.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think we're forgetting the most important character from the Netflix shows, Shades.

Though, I insist they use the original dollar store knockoff Cyclops art for the game. icon_lol.gif
    theo-rossi-as-shades.jpg
    Diamondback's original art was so bad it was good too. Amazingly, they stayed relatively faithful to it.
    Diamondback_.jpg?itok=_ySmAwYe

lukecagenetflixstryker3.jpg
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I remember when he showed up in the power suit I thought ".....that HAS to be from the silver age comics..."
  • johnnyzero
    johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    I think it would be an absolute brilliant troll move to have the "It's a magical place" clue be a reference to K'un-Lun for a new Iron Fist and not Tahiti for Agent Coulson.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Magic wrote:

The devs have stated the reason why we never got Jessica Jones was because by the time Marvel released the details of her powers to them, the show was already coming out. I would have loved to see Purple Man.. maybe S2 we'll finally get Jessica Jones.

I don't see why that would have stopped them releasing a "Classic" version of Jessica Jones, based on the Alias and Pulse comics version.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CNash wrote:
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Magic wrote:

I don't see why that would have stopped them releasing a "Classic" version of Jessica Jones, based on the Alias and Pulse comics version.

Or why releasing the character sometime later was impossible. I can understand the timing being off to explain why they didn't release Jessica Jones at launch, but we don't have a good reason for why they haven't released a version of her since then.

But to the original topic, I think most have expected a 4* Iron Fist to go with the Netflix release ever since we got the 4* Luke Cage with his show. Just makes too much sense, with the power that specifies getting a boost from the teammate, to have both of them with similar abilities. (shame they didn't set it up to work with "A Member of the Defenders" to prepare for a future Jessica Jones or 4* Daredevil or something, though)
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Defenders eh. So hulk strange and surfer sounds fun icon_e_wink.gif
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I remember when he showed up in the power suit I thought ".....that HAS to be from the silver age comics..."

I loved when Diamondback showed up (explosively) in that suit and a big grin, he was the only character who looked like he was happy to be on a comic superhero show. Every other character was acting like they were on The Wire and he was just like “YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHH!!!!! SUPERPOWERS, BABYEEEEEEEEEEE!”

I liked that first season, but I hope there’s more Diamondback-like craziness in the Defenders. And yes I’m hoping 4* IF shows up soon too.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    johnnyzero wrote:
    I think it would be an absolute brilliant troll move to have the "It's a magical place" clue be a reference to K'un-Lun for a new Iron Fist and not Tahiti for Agent Coulson.
    Well, that does make sense. And the 4* Luke specifically works with Fist, and his article made it seem like an Iron 4st should be expected. Yeah, actually, next week's release could easily be Danny Rand.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LoL! Facebook just asked "Which Iron Fist ability is your favorite in Marvel Puzzle Quest?"
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 wrote:
    LoL! Facebook just asked "Which Iron Fist ability is your favorite in Marvel Puzzle Quest?"

Wow. I'd say that's a pretty strong indication. Magical place will still be Tahiti for Coulson. Given that CS accidentally gave him out to a few people, (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=58310) he's a lock. But, Fist release in sync with the Netflix series premier sounds dead on.