Damn You RNG

Ronburgundy
Ronburgundy Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I am on a streak of getting crushed by the RNG on pulls of 4* covers for colors I can't use. We desperately need a colorless cover or swap process!

In my queue right now are 2 greenflag.png RHulk covers, 1 purpleflag.png RHulk cover, 1 blueflag.png Fury cover, and 1 redflag.png Cyclops

Any one of those in another color would allow me to max/champ the character.

The RHulk is the most annoying. I am pretty sure I've sold at least 3 other greenflag.png and purpleflag.png covers for him in the last few months. It's hard enough to max a 4 star and to have to sell multiple covers as a waste is just a kick in the nuts.

Of all the things I love about this game, THIS is by far the most frustrating that it has going against it.

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I get those streaks too. Except mine is always X23 green, max pun black, starlird purple, quake blue, and thoress blue. All characters at 11-12 except quake at 9.

I hate even mentioning them as I probably just jinxed myself into pulling one on my next draw.
  • Ronburgundy
    Ronburgundy Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I am on a streak of getting crushed by the RNG on pulls of 4* covers for colors I can't use. We desperately need a colorless cover or swap process!

In my queue right now are 2 greenflag.png RHulk covers, 1 purpleflag.png RHulk cover, 1 blueflag.png Fury cover, and 1 redflag.png Cyclops

Any one of those in another color would allow me to max/champ the character.

The RHulk is the most annoying. I am pretty sure I've sold at least 3 other greenflag.png and purpleflag.png covers for him in the last few months. It's hard enough to max a 4 star and to have to sell multiple covers as a waste is just a kick in the nuts.

Of all the things I love about this game, THIS is by far the most frustrating that it has going against it.
    Update: Now RNG is just toying wit me. I have Coulson, Medusa, and MaxPun at 11 or 12 covers. Pulled one of each in the last few days and all were the color I have at 5 already. Insanely frustrating to waste 4* covers that are already so hard to earn. 
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    120 CP goes a long way .....

• IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    You are in a glass case of emotion! 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why on Earth are you opening more tokens when you have four 4*s on the vine!?

Save up your CP, buy the last cover you need and champ away.
  • exirabit
    exirabit Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Sigh, not nearly as bad, but I have a 3* IF that is at 3/5/3 and I have FIVE of his covers sitting on the vine..... You can guess which color ALL of them are ><
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    exirabit said:
    Sigh, not nearly as bad, but I have a 3* IF that is at 3/5/3 and I have FIVE of his covers sitting on the vine..... You can guess which color ALL of them are ><
    If you're still in 3* transition, 40cp would be a great investment especially for one of the better 3*s. i wouldn't for rags or somebody along those lines but there are a few that are worth using cp on. 
  • exirabit
    exirabit Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    exirabit said:
    If you're still in 3* transition, 40cp would be a great investment especially for one of the better 3*s. i wouldn't for rags or somebody along those lines but there are a few that are worth using cp on. 
    Oh yeah, I'm probably going to, I'm just hoping that I might be able to do manage to pull at least ONE of the two that could work for me. I'm pretty close to being in the same place with Switch too--which is to say i'm ALMOST on my way to an actual 3* team that doesnt entirely rely on Strange!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    You are not especially cursed. RNG is a tinykitty to us all, my friend.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Indeed. RNG gave me a 4* in a heroic today for pvp season. Alas, it did not give me a coveted bonus hero so I can finally roster Spider Gwen and start working on my C4ge. I haven't gotten a 4* BH in well over a month now I think.

How could this happen to me? I've made my MPQ mistakes
    Got nowhere to run, the night goes on
    As I'm fading away, I'm sick of this life
    I just wanna scream, how could this happen to me?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why on Earth are you opening more tokens when you have four 4*s on the vine!?

Save up your CP, buy the last cover you need and champ away.
    This. So much this.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got bored and spent 40cp on some classics. First pull was Spider Woman. Second was X-23 and a bonus Spider Gwen. Ok, guess I can go another month before complaining again. Now if RNGesus wants to smile upon me again with some C4ge and Vulture covers then I wouldn't be opposed to that.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    RHulk is worth a 120 CP investment, especially if you have multiple covers queued.