SHEILD Intercept Data

GrimSkald
GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello again. It's me, the compulsive data hoarder. I wanted to post the new SHEILD Intercept percentages a while back, but I've been busy. I have been collecting the data, though. Anyway, for those of you interested (and those of you who get the intercepts - sorry to those who don't,) this is the percentages based on the previous system, until it ended on 1/4/17:

Reward ---- Count ---- %
250 Iso ---- 192 --- 37.87%
1000 Iso --- 113 --- 22.29%
2000 Iso --- 35 ---- 6.90%
10 HP
48 ---- 9.47%
25 HP
58 ---- 11.44%
100 HP
0.39%
1 CP
11 ---- 2.17%
Heroic Tkn - 48 ---- 9.47%
Total Rewards - 507

I averaged 11.27 rewards on 48.2 clears per day (on average.)

Here's the new data:

Reward --- Count ---- %
500 Iso --- 170 --- 39.17%
1000 Iso --- 62 --- 14.29%
2000 Iso --- 28 --- 6.45%
10 HP
41 --- 9.45%
25 HP
14 --- 3.23%
100 HP
0 --- 0.00%
1 CP
16 --- 3.69%
Elite Token - 52 --- 11.98%
Heroic Token - 51 --- 11.75%
Total Rewards - 434

So yeah, some significant changes - the chance of getting better than 500 Iso has gone down significantly, as has the chance of getting more than 10 Hero Points. 100 HP may have gone away entirely - at 434 it's starting to look that way but it was so rare in the old system we can't be sure. On the flip side, the chance of drawing a Heroic Token is either the same or has gone up a bit, and the chance of drawing an Elite token is about the same - so the overall chance to draw a token has neatly doubled.

As far as how often they drop? For me, at least that's gone down - which is the opposite of what they said would happen. I right now average 10.33 per day, with, on average, 42.95 clears per day. I believe they tweaked the early percentage down and the later percentage up - possibly the percentage resets after a certain degree of inactivity. I may not be hitting that level of inactivity, though, based on the fact that I tend to play for ten minutes here, a half hour there, all throughout the day.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's my stats for the last 2 weeks as an iOS user:

Intercepts - 0

So I've been averaging 0 intercepts a day for 0 ISO per intercept.

Steam users can sympathize.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    GrimSkald wrote:
    100 HP may have gone away entirely - at 434 it's starting to look that way but it was so rare in the old system we can't be sure. On the flip side, the chance of drawing a Heroic Token is either the same or has gone up a bit, and the chance of drawing an Elite token is about the same - so the overall chance to draw a token has neatly doubled.
    I had a 100 HP intercept reward just yesterday, so they still exist. Also, your token data matches my experience too - it feels like I'm drawing a token almost every other time, although I'm sure that's just confirmation bias.

Thanks for collecting and posting this, btw - hopefully D3 can use this and/or their internal data to get matching rewards to players on all platforms.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    GrimSkald wrote:
    100 HP may have gone away entirely - at 434 it's starting to look that way but it was so rare in the old system we can't be sure. On the flip side, the chance of drawing a Heroic Token is either the same or has gone up a bit, and the chance of drawing an Elite token is about the same - so the overall chance to draw a token has neatly doubled.
    I had a 100 HP intercept reward just yesterday, so they still exist. Also, your token data matches my experience too - it feels like I'm drawing a token almost every other time, although I'm sure that's just confirmation bias.

Thanks for collecting and posting this, btw - hopefully D3 can use this and/or their internal data to get matching rewards to players on all platforms.

I've gotten a 100hp or two as well recently. They are rare, but they do drop.

And honestly I like getting the tokens. Champ levels are more fun for me than iso, even if I desperately need the iso to champ more 4s...
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a 100 hp reward yesterday after not getting one in over a week (I do probably similar number of clears per day). You've just been unlucky.

Seems to me that the Elite token reward has increased because I seem to have gotten that a lot in the last month.

KGB
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    Here's my stats for the last 2 weeks as an iOS user:

Intercepts - 0

So I've been averaging 0 intercepts a day for 0 ISO per intercept.

Steam users can sympathize.

these have been so inconsistent for me as well. i go days without any then i'll close the app, log off wifi, open up the app, play a node on cellular and that'll get them kick started. get 2-3 then not get any again for awhile (days).

every time this happens i open a ticket with cs, but never get any helpful responses. (or any compensation for the amount of missed resources).
  • Since that critical ios patch during the Civil War Event, I have had exactly 3 intercepts till today. I play PvE everyday with min 4 node clears and I was doing 7 clears for the Mordo event. so the intercept no is abnormally low. Logged a ticket and got back a reply saying they are aware of this issue affecting some users but still not seeing any improvements to my intercept rate.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald wrote:

I've gotten a 100hp or two as well recently. They are rare, but they do drop.

And honestly I like getting the tokens. Champ levels are more fun for me than iso, even if I desperately need the iso to champ more 4s...

Considering I got 2 out of the last set (of a bit over 500,) they're clearly very rare, probably under .5%. At that chance, not getting any for the 434 drops is not at all unlikely.

I agree about the tokens, they're a lot more fun than Iso, HP, or CP.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe I need to track my own data, but it sure feels like my rewards have tended towards just ISO over the past week or two (although yesterday and the day before that I did get a few token and HP drops). I'm not complaining per se, but I do prefer the HP and token drops.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    My average is one intercept a day or less. Thx D3 for nothing.
  • V1rusHunter
    V1rusHunter Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    I got a 100 hp yesterday so it still exists.