Huge Bug - Jace2 3rd Ability and Energize

Options
orgazmo
orgazmo Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
Decided to try Jace2 on Tezerret 3.3 node.

The entire bord is full or energize and fabricate nonsense when I finally make his 3rd ability. When I cast it, it drains my loyalty but then doesn't actually place the support anywhere. This makes J2 pretty much useless and ends the game for me.

I have a SS of the board if needed

Comments

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This isn't unique to Jace, it'll happen for Dovin, Sorin, Ob Nixilis, or anyone else who creates a support. If there's no open gem to place it on, it doesn't get created. It shouldn't eat up your loyalty points if it can't execute would be a good fix.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    agreed, it should just fizzle like when you try to use 2 abilities in one turn.
  • orgazmo
    orgazmo Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I see no reason why it can't just add a support to an energized gem since my board was filled with energized gems with supports on them.

I also agree with the fizzle.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it's a coding thing and I don't think I'd like it if supports were able to override energize. For instance, in the fight against Torrential Gearhulk I use this to my advantage. I buff up Empyreal Voyager, energize the whole board, and then he cant spam out servos with his loyalty ability. It'd be upsetting if after doing that his servos would take priority over my energy.

Though another solution would be to give us an opportunity to use loyalty abilities after making a match, before combat. Then you'd have a clear gem, and abilities from planeswalkers that give haste would make more sense.
  • jamayk4001
    Options
    i think energize is treated just like any support when it is placed on a gem. so if a gem is energized, you cant put an "additional" support on it....anyway you can deal with this by using cards that wipe energy off the board such as harnessed lightning or confiscation coup