Thank you for the communication, Brigby

rubix_qube
rubix_qube Posts: 69 Match Maker
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I was looking at one of Brigby's posts just now and saw that his join date was Nov 15,2016. That was 13 weeks ago and at the time of this writing he already has posted 495 times. That's an average of 38 posts per week*. Brigby has communicated with us, gotten us answers in a timely manner, and most importantly been exceptionally patient with many of our naysayers on the forum.

I just want to give a big thank you to Brigby for all that you have done so far, and I hope that you'll be around for a while.

Thanks again...end rant icon_e_wink.gif

edited for bad math. thanks

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,734 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hate to be "that guy" but a rant is typically a complaint that goes on for a bit. A rave, however, is a positive comment that usually is a paragraph or more if written.

So I believe you meant "end rave". icon_e_wink.gif

And I heartily repeat the sentiment.
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Not to pick nits, but that's closer to 5 posts a day.

That being said, the increased communication is much appreciated, and I'm glad you started the thread to show as much.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    maltyo9 wrote:

That being said, the increased communication is much appreciated, and I'm glad you started the thread to show as much.

David's averaged about 2.5 posts per day over 2 years.
    It might have been higher if not for the prolonged radio silence whenever the community got upset about something.

Brigby has so far been a very good influence on this message board. I seem to recall one instance of "this too shall pass" with the Galactus boss event bodge up, but other than that the dude not only gets answers but will post to say he's *going* to get answers. Little touches, ya know?
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    maltyo9 wrote:

David's averaged about 2.5 posts per day over 2 years.
    It might have been higher if not for the prolonged radio silence whenever the community got upset about something.

Brigby has so far been a very good influence on this message board. I seem to recall one instance of "this too shall pass" with the Galactus boss event bodge up, but other than that the dude not only gets answers but will post to say he's *going* to get answers. Little touches, ya know?

Totally agree. I didn't mean for it to come across as that he should be poating more. I think Brigby's done a great job of being a presence on the forum.

And I'm sure other people notice it, but it's somewhat comforting to be reading a post, get to the bottom of the thread, and see Brigby's name at the bottom where it shows who's currently reading the forum. And his name shows up a lot.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    the dude not only gets answers but will post to say he's *going* to get answers. Little touches, ya know?

So much this.
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Hoorah for @Brigby!
    tee hee for the @ given the post about the @mention

But seriously, i appreciate the communication. It has gotten to the point where i feel a bit of a loss when i don't see a post by him in a work daily basis.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    That awkwardly ironic moment where I was so busy today that I wasn't able to communicate a response to this post. icon_e_confused.gif

But in all seriousness though, thank you all so much for the support! I know there are times when the road appears a bit bumpier than usual, but I will continue to do my utmost best to make sure that communication is transparent and that you can rely on me as that bridge between the community and our team (Demiurge/D3)

I love this game, I love being able to help make this game even better, and most of all I love getting the chance to help this community grow and flourish. Thank you everyone! icon_e_smile.gif
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    I'm from the MtGPQ side of things, (and was browsing over here as I do every now and then) and there was a another post there somewhat recently thanking @Brigby for his work, even with the much smaller community of MtGPQ. It must be easy to overlook us in the shadow of MPQ, but Brigby still takes the time to communicate with us and relay what little information he gets from the devs to us.

Thanks @Brigby!

(Yep I'm going to keep using the @ symbol. Just because of that post icon_lol.gif)