Court Death and getting sandboxed

RemoDestroyer
RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I've heard stories of players getting sandboxed because of winning too many matches on the 1st turn even if it is done legitimately using a Thanos against seed teams and trivial nodes.

Are players still getting sandboxed for rhis reason? And have those players been able to get their accounts restored? What other types of potential or real in game losses has this caused?

Comments

• deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    I use him every day for several of the early nodes, routinely finishing on the second or third move, sometimes in one. Thankfully not sandboxed as of yet. I heard about this before I had him champed though, so maybe they have fixed whatever the issue was.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    My account was restored after a few days (maybe 5?). My thread about the incident is buried in the bugs section somewhere
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used him all day to speed clear lightning rounds almost all of which ended in one round. So far no sandbox for me.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think they did realize what sort of monster they have created (and he is fine - just a bit overpowered for one specific game scenario - seeds in PvP). That's why they have tested the new 4* lightning rounds. With a 4* you will not be able to clear it with one move as we all routinely do now in the regular LR.

Since they are aware that it's a legit method I wouldn't expect anybody to be sandboxed for it again.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use thanos for all easy pve nodes, and so far I have been fine.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I use my 5* Thanos for the first 250ish points in LR and the first 3 nodes of every PVE sub. No sandboxing yet.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    From what I've read, they put additional protocols in place for the Thanos auto-sandbox dilemma. That doesn't mean it's 100% effective mind you, it's an automatic system so could still get fooled by that or a combination of things, but you shouldn't be scared to use Thanos because of it.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    From what I've read, they put additional protocols in place for the Thanos auto-sandbox dilemma. That doesn't mean it's 100% effective mind you, it's an automatic system so could still get fooled by that or a combination of things, but you shouldn't be scared to use Thanos because of it.
    Yes, that is correct. Following these incidents, the team has made some adjustments in order to take heed the capabilities of Thanos's Court Death ability. Players should no longer need to worry about encountering issues when rapidly clearing matches with him.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    spectator wrote:
    My account was restored after a few days (maybe 5?). My thread about the incident is buried in the bugs section somewhere

I guess that turned you into a... spectator?

I'll go back in my box now.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well since the issue is fine,

if you are in 3 star land, you can finish an entire event if every node has at least 1 goon, especially ones with wave nodes, (beyond just trivial) if you have a team of 3 strange, 3 thanos and 3 bullseye, and any of the 3 can be champed (I personally have bullseye champed and the other 2 close but not quite, thanos only has 2 black)

Make sure to get one kill with bullseye a round, and watch everything kill itself.

Some rounds literally consist of the goons firing 4 powers in 1 turn, and killing their entire party with faltine and agamato.

Funny enough this won't work with 5 thanos because he stuns the party.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Been using 3Thanos / OML / loaner for lightning rd and PVP seeds all week now. It's fun seeing em all drop after a turn or two
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    My PVE A-Team is Strange/Blade/IF. Even when they're not boosted they absolutely shred goon nodes.

I find Blade a bit more reliable than Bullseye for strike tile generation as it's a bit tricky to time a kill with Bullseye with Faltine going off all the time.

Prioritise blue so that you can stun if a countdown gets close to going off and you've pretty much got an unbeatable team.