Angels Embrace Event

Options
Aairlon
Aairlon Posts: 11
edited February 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
So I thought I would bring up something different as the posts have been very somber recently.

The Angels Embrace event is fun!

This is the kind of gaming experience I am looking for. It's quick, fun, and I'm not battling to get secondary and tertiary objectives that require complete fine tuning of my decks.

I also really love the increased mana gains as it makes certain cards usable while freeing up some card slots that are normally locked off for mana supports.

Thanks for the fun event!!

Comments

• Yvendros
    Yvendros Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Simple, straight-forward and fun. I can't complain.

I also love that it's a themed event, and you can get cards from that theme for it.

We should start having more events with progression rewards of older cards. They don't even need to be the sought after cards. It would allow for new players to start to accumulate some cards that are probably better than the ones they've got.
  • Alve
    Alve Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The last time we got enthusiastic threads like this was when Halloween/Christmas events were around. Wonder why, huh? It'd be really cool to have Supercharged events more often than once every two months *hint, hint*
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah I'm a big fan of the Supercharged event mechanic. Makes it feel like every Planeswalker is Koth icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love that this event makes pairing off against Koth feel like he's an absolute pushover. Nahiri and Arlinn can put him to shame, and it feels fantastic. Also, as was stated, it's nice to have the only objective be "Win the match" Feels good to just put together a good deck, get massive mana, and have at it!
  • Mana Burn
    Options
    Definitely loving the event as well. I also really like the combat log. It's certainly a creative addition I never thought I wanted but fun too use for sure. Also, the new AER cards don't seem to be plagued with as many major bugs as previous releases so that's also encouraging.
  • jetnoctis
    jetnoctis Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I second, third and fourth this! This event has been great fun so far. We really need more events where we can use our libraries to the full maximum of their abilities! Otherwise, we're always gimping and restraining their full potential. More, please!
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I spent more time reorganizing two decks for this event then I usually do for all of those recurring events. Actually felt good to strip out the mana helpers and replace with supports that have a real purpose. Can you believe I'm finally using Silverstrike? (don't worry I won't troll you with Starfield)
  • Irgy
    Irgy Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm having fun as well, just wish the rewards weren't all 100% guaranteed to be duplicate cards icon_e_wink.gif
  • watman
    watman Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    Irgy wrote:
    I'm having fun as well, just wish the rewards weren't all 100% guaranteed to be duplicate cards icon_e_wink.gif
    I got Subjugutaor Angel that eluded me for a bit of time ;P
    And yes, the event is fun, tho one would think people will play Arlinn, Chandra1 or Saheeli... or even Sarkhan while I have ONLY met Nahiri and Koth up till now icon_e_wink.gif
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    it is different and do enjoy that they are trying to give away cards that may be hard to get for new players. but it seems koth doesnt get a full double for a red match, it may just be me. i have seen a buttton load of koths but agaisnt ai it usually isnt too hard to out play them. good job of a fun event. hint hint how about a double mana white event
    for easter lol
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Alve wrote:
    The last time we got enthusiastic threads like this was when Halloween/Christmas events were around. Wonder why, huh? It'd be really cool to have Supercharged events more often than once every two months *hint, hint*
    the beauty of halloween event was one node with 10? charges no hassle no anxiety of missing charges you could just hop in and finish them of, just like NOP/ or other single player events
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    morgue427 wrote:
    but it seems koth doesnt get a full double for a red match, it may just be me.

The base gem mana is doubled and bonuses are unaffected.

So a match three grants 6 mana pre-bonus modifiers, match 4 8 mana plus/minus bonuses, etc.

So for example a level 60 Koth will get (3 x 2) + 9 = 15 mana off a red 3 match.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When I was growing up, computer games would let you play a fun level all the time, and not just once every 8 hours on one day a year.
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    When I was growing up, computer games would let you play a fun level all the time, and not just once every 8 hours.

I see absolutely no need for there to be any timers on these special events. Just give us the max nodes right from the beginning and just let people let loose!
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm enjoying this event greatly too. Supercharge opens up builds that aren't otherwise possible. Of course the flip side is that you face the chance of being on the receiving side of insta-kills from the AI too.