Deadpool Daily Quest 2-Year Anniversary

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Some of you might not realize but yesterday was the 2-year anniversary of the announcement of the greatest thing MPQ ever implemented: Deadpool Daily Quest (DDQ) https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23713&hilit=Coming+Soon%3A+Deadpool%27s+Daily+Quest%21.

Last year, the devs simply randomized the DDQ enemies (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39451&hilit=February+Community+Video%3A+Deadpool+Month) but nothing worthwhile or exciting.

A majority of the playerbase has been clamoring for a real upgrade to DDQ such as a real 4* node path. Although they gave us Crash of the Titans as a way to help us earn more 4*'s, it's only once every 5-days and you normally need a decently covered 4* to win. I thought Crash of the Mad Titan for Thanos' release was a step in the right direction and it received positive feedback. You were allowed to pick from 1-3 characters and it was everyday! There has been several posts requesting for this to come back, but the point of this post is... will there be a significant upgrade for Deadpool Daily Quest this year? Adding SCL to DDQ is well overdue.

Comments

• Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2017
    good grief, has it been 2 years...... is my first instinct

but to add to the thread, I would rather the DDQ to be revamped to reward higher amounts of ISO. if this is the result of adding SCL to DDQ, then so be it, but the ISO payouts in DDQ are relatively less valuable than they used to be. it used to be real nice to get 3-4k from node rewards, now that's just a drop in the bucket.

sure, you might get lucky and get a 5k or 10k ISO reward from the vault, but that's why those are so valuable, because it's a risk to take. BUFF THE NODE REWARDS!!!
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Hurray for DDQ! Without it, I doubt I ever would have moved past the 2* - 3* transition.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huzzah for DDQ. Without it, I would have easily stopped playing. True though, many of us have progressed, and it really has not. While it is still nice, having all of the 3*s champed, it doesn't feel as of much consequence anymore. It is no longer filling in those annoying 5/5/2 holes in my roster. I'm now back at the mercy of RNG.

I really don't want to speak too much ill of it. It probably still is the best part of the game. Though, a few more Titan matches per week, the return of the Mad Titan, some 4*'s thrown into the rotation, or even more iso would help to restore it to what it once was.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, they grow up so quickly!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love to see SCL added in. Honestly if they did this they could replace the 3* node with a 4* at a certain SCL. Though I would rather all SCLs having both a 3* and 4* daily node. Also more ISO is definitely needed at higher levels.
  • Manaka
    Manaka Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Personally, I would love it if they brought back crash of the mad titan, even sporadically or with reduced rewards.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    good grief, has it been 2 years...... is my first instinct

but to add to the thread, I would rather the DDQ to be revamped to reward higher amounts of ISO. if this is the result of adding SCL to DDQ, then so be it, but the ISO payouts in DDQ are relatively less valuable than they used to be. it used to be real nice to get 3-4k from node rewards, now that's just a drop in the bucket.

sure, you might get lucky and get a 5k or 10k ISO reward from the vault, but that's why those are so valuable, because they are a crapshoot. BUFF THE NODE REWARDS!!!

I'd like to see a 4* Required node, much like Dat Required Character, just rotating through different 4*s. Something you can complete with only one cover. Maybe a simple 3* match (like Third Time's the Charm, just a fight, but requiring 3*s, maybe 3*s/4*s, something new players slowly build into like the rest of DDQ). Give them ISO (or one ISO, the other a Taco), up the current nodes' ISO values, then make the total for DDQ reflect doing 7 nodes instead of 5. The game is more broad than it used to be, DDQ should reflect that. I'd rather do something like that than add SCL, so new players don't get screwed by gaining access to higher SCLs that seem desirable that they can't beat.

Then rotate Crash as normal.

Ultimately DDQ would get a little longer each day, but would increase ISO output enough to be more than worth it.