Big Book of Suggestions by a Crazy MPQ Fan

droid85
droid85 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
I love MPQ, and I want to pitch my ideas for ways that it could evolve and grow in the future. I have suggestions on how to further improve the story system to make it more engaging and interesting, Suggestions for new game mechanics to enable more card hunting and battle strategies, And lastly just the regular new character requests! Thanks for taking a look at this.

Assignable Advanced Powers

Characters currently have three powers that can max to 5 levels, and total covers cannot exceed 13. In my idea, characters have powers with every color. Instead of collecting covers with a particular color assigned to it, we get only the covers, and we use each cover to activate or increase a chosen power. This insures that no cover will go to waste. All powers can be leveled to the maximum rank (5). In battle, each character is still limited to bringing only 3 powers, and will be prompted to allocate 13 points into those powers, dependent on the powers activation rank.

Example:

I get a new cover for Iron Man and I see that I have his Red, Yellow, and Blue maxed out. Now with the other colors, I could activate a Black, Green, or Purple power. I want to activate his purple power. In the pre-battle menu, I am asked to choose which three powers I want to assign. I choose Red, Yellow, and Purple. Now I need to allocate 13 points. I can put 5 in Red and 5 in Yellow because I have them both at max, but I can only put 1 in Purple for now because I haven't gotten another cover to raise its rank. This is kind of a disadvantage so I'll switch Purple back out for Blue. I also have this color maxed out, but I can only allocate 13 points in this battle, so I could have two 5-rank powers and one 3-rank power, or I could choose one 5-rank power and two 4-rank powers, you know how it goes. This can allow you to develop a strategy and form new groups of characters that you wouldn't have likely used before because of the colors. Perhaps there could always be one passive power, one defensive power, one team target power, etc.

Friends and Rivals

This new game mechanic introduces gameplay bonuses through character affinity. Characters you team together often will develop affinity, and will eventually gain certain bonuses to their skills each time they group together. There could even be special 2 or 3 character combo attacks that could be performed under certain conditions. This should be preset to include established bonds from the comic books, like for teammates, siblings, spouses, etc. Your enemies will be able to benefit from this system as well through rivalries. Rivalry points will accumulate when you kill a character with the same character multiple times. For example: Storm's attack causes Loki's defeat. This will add 1 point in Loki's rivalry with Storm. Each time Storm's attack defeats Loki, another point is added. When a certain number of rivalry points accumulate, Loki's next encounter with storm will see him have a % bonus to all stats. If Loki is killed by Storm once again, their next encounter will see an even stronger Loki. Defeating your rival will award you bonus rewards relative to the level. If somebody on Storm's team who is not Storm gets the killing blow on Loki, it will not further the Storm-Loki rivalry. In this scenario, Storm will not have bonus stats against Loki, as it is more of a revenge thing. The Rivalry doesn't end until Storm is defeated by Loki. This resets the rivalry counter, and Loki will not have a bonus upon his next confrontation with Storm. It's probably best if this mechanic is disabled in Versus modes.

Dynamic Dailies and Stories

The above mentioned game mechanic could allow for new daily missions to appear which can be dependent on character affinities and rivalries. A rival could challenge you, with their cover as a reward. A mission could appear in which two teams of high affinity battle each other to see who is better.

I hope I've made these ideas sound interesting to you. I'm invested in MPQ's future either way. Now the obligatory character suggestions..

Trash Mobs:

Hydra Agents
Sentinels
AIM Agents
Skrull
Chitauri
Hellfire Club Agents
Demons
Brood

Villains:

Taskmaster
The Maker
Maestro Hulk
Abomination
Dormammu
Mephisto
Mysterio
Kraven the Hunter
Kang the Conqueror
Mister Sinister
Red Skull
Shadow King
Onslaught
The Leader
Apocalypse
Madame Hydra/Viper
Baron Von Strucker
Baron Zemo
Ronan the Accuser

Heroes:

Emma Frost
Nightcrawler
Gambit
Namor
Superior Spider-Man
Scarlet Spider
Spider-Man 2099
Legion
Thor (the Unworthy)
Jessica Jones
Misty Knight
Cable
Angel
Karnak
Agent Coulson
Loki (current version)
Gladiator
Hyperion
Viv Vision
Hercules
Shadowcat
Captain Britain
Quentin Quire
Mockingbird
Man-Thing
Doctor Voodoo
Maria Hill
Nighthawk

Comments

• SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    droid85 wrote:
    Heroes:
    Agent Coulson
    Maybe a small victory but Coulson is all but certain to be the next character coming to the game. "It's a magical place."