New event content should be staggered better

Options
buscemi
buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
edited February 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Anyone else think that new content being released all in one go, and then left unaltered for weeks afterwards, is not the best way to do it?

Today I've got three different, brand new events in my events tab, 2 of them ongoing and one starting tomorrow.

They've got different objectives, even more so the PvE event, so swapping around decks is necessary and tedious (looking forward to the save deck slots when they are released in 2018!).

And with 2 events going on currently, there's a design a large number of decks now... we can't design for the PvE in advance, and whilst we *could* design for the PvP, since the objectives were given here on the forum (though not in game anywhere!), there was nowhere to test these PvP decks in advance... playing in QB only lets you play against decks which are tuned for QB. And then, after we've spent 2 days frantically designing and retuning decks.. these 2 events will be repeated, week after week, unaltered, for how long, a month? More?

This has happened before, back when the events dropped to an 8 hour respawn. We had, what, 4 brand new events in a week? And then the same events repeated over and over?

That's a lot of new content all of a sudden, and then no new content over a far longer period of time. Would it not make sense to spread the new content out a little?

Comments

• speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    100% agree. And it's not just events. All the content is thrown out after weeks of waiting for something new to happen because we can't see the old stuff anymore. And then there is some excitement and some big boxes for the basic cards and then the endless hunting for single cards through events that make it hard to get them or where you constantly have to change cards in your deck until you really don't care anymore and you can't deal with trying to remember again if you need to play two zombies or two vampires (it's the second as the first would be too easy of course).
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Switching decks around with a PVE and a PVP at the same time has become such a pain that I wait until as late as possible to play the PVP events so I can minimize deck reconstruction to as little as I can get away with.

This game is actively discouraging me to play it during the course of a day.
  • aenigmaeffect
    aenigmaeffect Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    Staggering release would work wonders to keep players continually interested, rather than maximum excitement all in one go, then.... nothing.... for a long time....

Stealing a page from Clash Royale, when they first had new cards, they were all released at once (6 cards!). +++excitement, then... just the hunt, and wait....

Now, they release a new card every 2 weeks, with events tailored around them. Everyone's talking about it *all the time*.

Events can be the same way to generate interest and excitement. Also gives the devs more time to fine tune/bug test *ahem* each one.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    Switching decks around with a PVE and a PVP at the same time has become such a pain that I wait until as late as possible to play the PVP events so I can minimize deck reconstruction to as little as I can get away with.

Well, they will have deck slots in a few months.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They can't come soon enough. Hopefully this game holds my attention for that long
  • Astralwind
    Astralwind Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    I just play the event for personal progression rewards. I don't care anymore about secondary objectives.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IMO, we could have just skipped EmO this week, since RatC continued right up until Angel's Embrace started. that would have been better, no?
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madwren wrote:
    Mainloop25 wrote:

Well, they will have deck slots in a few months.

So they say.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    IMO, we could have just skipped EmO this week, since RatC continued right up until Angel's Embrace started. that would have been better, no?

Yes and they also could have calibrated RAC better. At this point it's going to run into NOP.