Going beyond RNG

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
I feel that having 36 championed 4*s, all championed 3*s and having champed all 2*s at one point (doing a champ farm), I have proved that I'm ready to enter the 5* world. Unfortunately, according to RNG, I deserve the same exact chances at pulling a 5* character as someone who's just started. I don't think that's right.

Sure, I may be able to win more cp than someone who recently started, but all she needs is a few lucky pulls, and she will eclipse all the years of effort I put into this game.

There should be some way to improve your RNG for 5* pulls as you accomplish more in the game, whether it's having multiple characters championed, having a high SHIELD Ranking, playing in a higher SCL or something else you come up with later on. There should be some sort of goal to all the work I do, other than simply winning more resources that ultimately just give me a few more chances for RNG.

Basically whether I pull a lot of CP or a little, I only end up winning a new 5* cover once every few months, and that's just not enough to match the effort and toll this game takes on my life. To think entire PVP seasons go by, and I don't pull a single 5* cover.

And yes you can buy a single cover for 720 cp, but that will take months for the average person to gain, and I feel that's too much effort to spend for a single cover.

Everything else is fine. I'm gaining plenty of HP, ISO and 1, 2, 3 and 4* covers. But the 5* game is maddeningly elusive, due to its complete dependence on RNG.

Comments

• ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    that's just not enough to match the effort and toll this game takes on my life.

I completely agree with the sentiments of your post but no game should take a toll on your life.

Maybe it's time to rethink the way you're playing?
  • Teskal
    Teskal Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    I'm in the transition into 3* land. I should have a higher chance to get a 3* out of a Elite Token or Heroic Token as a newbie... No not really...

I see no reason why a veteran should have a higher chance to get a 5* out of a token.

A new player should not touch LT at all, so his chance is already zero.

Only necessary is to start SCL 9 and SCL 10. As long there are not more 5*, these SCL should give new tokens with a high chance to get 5*.