The one, very simple, feature I would most like to see

Methaddion
Methaddion Posts: 6
I don't know about all of you, but I can't count the number of times I've seen the next upcoming event, reviewed the rewards to decide which CL to join, then looked at my possible starting times, and compared them to the current event's ending time to maximize my efficiency. For some reason, when I go back to actually join the event, it often lets me click on one start time, then shifts back to another one as I press start.

Just a couple of seconds ago, I did this exact thing for "Strange Sights", making sure to select the last slice so my roster would have a chance to regenerate after finishing "Unstable Iso-8s", and my start & finish times would be when I actually play most, late at night. Instead as I pressed start, it gave me the 3rd slice, meaning that both the start & finish times will now be when I'm not available to play, AND immediately after my Unstable Iso-8 ends :-/

What I really want to see is: The option to change your slice, as long as it hasn't started yet. It seems like this would be very simple to implement, wouldn't affect gameplay, and would simply help people to enjoy the game.

Comments

• Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    I'm afraid it wouldn't be so simple to implement because of the bracketing system. When you pick an end time and press start, you're put in a bracket. Picking another end time would mean switching brackets, which could lead to some strange problems.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    This would be a helpful feature for anyone who decides for whatever reason to back out of a previously selected time slice before the event start.

That said, after your post, I went in game and double checked everything: SCL, time highlighted for event start before I hit the big button to commit and it was as I selected. I noticed though that the screens are sensitive and the slightest brush on your way to press the big enter button could accidentally shift it to another time slice.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd, personally, like to see little numbers on top of the cover colours when looking at opponents in PvP so I can see what their cover spread is.
    I mean, for something like Balance of Power it would be nice to know before hand if that level 550 OML is 5/3/5 or 1/1/1.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I join the event when I am ready to start playing, not in advance. Makes it a lot simpler.
  • Piro_plock wrote:
    I'm afraid it wouldn't be so simple to implement because of the bracketing system. When you pick an end time and press start, you're put in a bracket. Picking another end time would mean switching brackets, which could lead to some strange problems.

That's why I was thinking only before the slices start. That's all that you would need, obviously if people could change during the event it would leave it open to exploitation. For example, right now the slice I ended up in still has 26 hours before it begins, and the one I want has another 8 hours or so. Changing now wouldn't affect anything in the brackets.
    This would be a helpful feature for anyone who decides for whatever reason to back out of a previously selected time slice before the event start.

That said, after your post, I went in game and double checked everything: SCL, time highlighted for event start before I hit the big button to commit and it was as I selected. I noticed though that the screens are sensitive and the slightest brush on your way to press the big enter button could accidentally shift it to another time slice.

Ya, it definitely doesn't do it all the time, but due to my screen timing out, a screen protector, and the overall sensitivity, it has happened to me at least 3 times in the last month :-/ This is the first time that it basically completely ruins my chances of competing... which is rough when you're consistently top 10-20 icon_neutral.gif
  • Quebbster wrote:
    I join the event when I am ready to start playing, not in advance. Makes it a lot simpler.

Ya, I think I'm going to stick to that from now on myself.
  • I also just noticed that I actually posted this in the wrong area, if some wonderful mod would like to move it over to suggestions icon_e_smile.gif
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Methaddion wrote:
    Piro_plock wrote:

That's why I was thinking only before the slices start. That's all that you would need, obviously if people could change during the event it would leave it open to exploitation. For example, right now the slice I ended up in still has 26 hours before it begins, and the one I want has another 8 hours or so. Changing now wouldn't affect anything in the brackets.

|

I'm not so sure that would help either. Brackets flip based on hitting the limit. If someone tried to swap out of a bracket before start, how would you reassign his bracket?

Would the next person be slotted into the 499 bracket or into a fresh bracket?

I totally empathize with your problem. Its happened to me twice, but I don't really see a fair way out of the situation.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always play in the first slice in PVE
    kinda random in PvP (which I don't play much anyways)
  • SlappyDingle
    SlappyDingle Posts: 60 Match Maker
    I'd like to see a player's SCL tacked on right next to their name.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like to see this also. I've picked wrong SCL or slice time a few times by mistake. Would be nice to be able to back out and repick.