Revolt against the Consulate

Alve
Alve Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
edited September 2018 in Event Details
PvE, against pre-designed opponents
Coalition event - you need to be a part of a coalition in order to join it
The event ends when players bring the counter to 0% - the health pool is shared by all players
You can freely change your planweswalkers between attempts, no color requirements
Rewards: progression, coalition ranking
Limited number of attempts
Number of nodes: 3
Charges per node: 3

Please, be aware that the information below may be inaccurate, as opponents' statistics are often readjusted (especially things such as abilities or hp). This post was last updated on 12.02.2017.

Secondaries:

Node 1

Encounter 1.1. - Enraged Giant (level 1)
HP: 53
Ability: Each creature in your hand gains Trample, Haste and Berserker (6 loyalty)
- Optional Objective 1: Energize 5 or more gems.
- Optional Objective 2: Win in 3 or less rounds.

Encounter 1.2. - Consulate Dreadnought (level 10)
HP: 35
Ability: Each Vehicle you control in your hand and on the battlefield gains +3/+3 (6 loyalty)
- Optional Objective 1: Cast 3 or less Vehicles (text: summon 3 or more)
- Optional Objective 2: Cast 6 or more Spells.

Encounter 1.3. - Gonti’s Machinations (level 20)
HP: 47
Ability: Energize 3, then your opponent loses 3 life, then you gain 3 life (6 loyalty)
- Optional Objective 1: Cast 3 or less Spells.
- Optional Objective 2: Win with 100 or more life remaining.

Node 2

Encounter 2.1. - Baral’s Expertise (level 60)
HP: 136
Ability: Skillfullness - Target creature your opponent controls is Returned to your opponent’s hand. If your opponent’s hand is full, that creature is Destroyed instead. (9 loyalty)
- Optional Objective 1: Cast 2 or less Supports
- Optional Objective 2: Lose 2 or less Creatures

Encounter 2.2. - Heroic Intervention (level 80)
HP: 166
Ability: Each creature you control gains Prevent Damage and Hexproof until the beginning of your next turn. (6 loyalty)
- Optional Objective 1: Win the fight with 20 or less life remaining.
- Optional Objective 2: Cast 6 or more Supports.

Encounter 2.3. - Freejam Regent (level 100)
HP: 196
Ability: Energize 4 and each creature you control gains +4/0 (6 loyalty)
- Optional Objective 1: Take 20 or less damage.
- Optional Objective 2: Kill 6 or more enemy creatures.

Node 3

Encounter 3.1. - Exquisite Archangel (level 150)
HP: 392
Ability: Gain 50 life (9 loyalty)
- Optional Objective 1: Lose 3 or less creatures (text: kill 3 or less creatures)
- Optional Objective 2: Win in 4 or less rounds.

Encounter 3.2. - Planar Bridge (level 180)
HP: 452
Ability: Fetch the first creature from your opponent's library and put it on the battlefield. (9 loyalty)
- Optional Objective 1: Energize 10 or more gems.
- Optional Objective 2: Win in 8 or more rounds.

Encounter 3.3. - Tezz the Schemer (level 210)
HP: 512
Ability: Energize 2 then summon a 4/4 living construct with “Overload 1: this creature gets +1/+1 and Fabricate 2” (3 loyalty) (bugged: Fabricates on summon)
- Optional Objective 1: Cast 4 or more Vehicles.
- Optional Objective 2: Lose 2 or less creatures.

Post your questions and strategies for this event below!

Comments

• hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    hp for node 1.1 is 24hp?

HH
  • Diabeetus
    Diabeetus Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Can we get a list of cards each of them use?
  • Alve
    Diabeetus wrote:

If someone creates such a list and decides to make it available to the public, I'll gladly include it in my post. All the information I provide has been collected and written down by me or other players, of course you're welcome to contribute.
  • AbisMal
    AbisMal Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2017
    Ah, you beat me to the punch. My list has a little bit of additional information (basically the ribbons) but does not include the loyalty numbers of the bosses to use their abilities:

Event: Revolt Against the Consulate

First Node:

Boss 1: Enraged Giant (24 HP)
    Ability—Each creature in your hand gains Trample, Haste, and Berserker
    Objectives:
      Win the fight (5 ribbons) Energize 5 or more gems (5 ribbons) Win the fight within 3 rounds (5 ribbons)
    Boss 2: Consulate Dreadnought (35 HP)
    Ability—Each vehicle in your hand and on the battlefield gains +3/+3
    Objectives:
      Win the fight (5 ribbons) Summon 3 or more vehicles (5 ribbons) Cast 6 or more spells (5 ribbons)
    Boss 3: Gonti’s Machinations (47 HP)
    Ability—Energize 3, then your opponent loses 3 life and you gain 3 life.
    Objectives:
      Win the fight (5 ribbons) Cast 3 or fewer spells (5 ribbons) Win with 100 or more HP remaining (5 ribbons)

Second Node:

Boss 1: Baral’s Expertise (136 HP)
    Ability—Target creature opponent controls is Returned to opponent’s hand; if opponent’s hand is full, that creature is Destroyed instead.
    Objectives:
      Win the fight (15 ribbons) Cast 2 or fewer supports (5 ribbons) Lose 2 or fewer creatures (5 ribbons)
    Boss 2: Heroic Intervention (166 HP)
    Ability—Each creature you control gains Prevent Damage and Hexproof until the beginning of your next turn.
    Objectives:
      Win the fight (15 ribbons) Win with 20 or fewer HP remaining (5 ribbons) Cast 6 or more supports (5 ribbons)
    Boss 3: Freejam Regent (196 HP)
    Ability—Energize 4, then each creature you control gets +4/0.
    Objectives:
      Win the fight (15 ribbons) Take 20 or less damage (5 ribbons) Kill 6 or more enemy creatures (5 ribbons)

Third Node:

Boss 1: Exquisite Archangel (392 HP)
    Ability—Gain 50 Life.
    Objectives:
      Win the fight (30 ribbons) Lose 3 or fewer creatures (5 ribbons) Win within 7 rounds (5 ribbons)
    Boss 2: Planar Bridge (452 HP)
    Ability—Fetch the first creature in your opponent’s library and place it on the battlefield under your control.
    Objectives:
      Win the fight (30 ribbons) Energize 10 or more gems (5 ribbons) Win in 8 or more rounds (5 ribbons)
    Boss 3: Tezzeret the Schemer (512 HP)
    Ability—Energize 2 then summon a 4/4 living construct with “Overload 1: This creature gets +1/+1 and Fabricate 2.
    Objectives:
      Win the fight (50 ribbons) Summon 4 or more vehicles (5 ribbons) Lose 2 or fewer creatures (5 ribbons)
  • Looking for second tier decks that might be able to work on some of the objectives. Second node second battle, I tried with Kiora and an ulvenweld mysteries build. won the first go around, but missed the win with 20 hp left objective. Second go around I got crushed.

Also any thoughts on the third node second battle. I dont have days undoing, or behold the beyond, nor many of the other 'good' mythics.

Moved from PWs&Decks to Events // Alve
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Diabeetus wrote:

You can if you're a member of one of my coalitions!! Send me a PM!
  • julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2017
    Diabeetus wrote:

Node 3.1 (Exquisite Archangel), the damage threats were mostly creature-based.

For creatures, it was:

Exquisite Archangel
    Peacewalker Colossus
    Sram, Senior Edificer
    Aethersphere Harvester
    Greenbelt Rampager
    Aethergeode Miner

It also played a Dynavolt Tower at one point, but that seems to be low priority, since I only saw once it once through a fairly long game.

I can't remember other supports or any spells, but I don't think those are significant. If you use a lot of removal, you can get through it. My key to getting through it was Iroas's Champion, buffed up and with vigilance it was able to kill all of the AI's creatures consistently.

Node 3.2 uses an energy/overload heavy deck.

For creatures, I saw:

Aetherwind Basker
    Heart of Kiran
    Aetherstorm Roc

On supports, I it play Gonti's Aether Heart, Dynavolt Tower, and Planar Bridge (meaning it has two ways to steal your cards, this and its loyalty ability).

I didn't come close to beating it in two tries, but I'd recommend using something with energy removal. Otherwise, Dynavolt Tower can deal out lots of damage every round. Kind of annoying, since one of the player objectives is energizing 10 gems.
  • julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Looking for second tier decks that might be able to work on some of the objectives. Second node second battle, I tried with Kiora and an ulvenweld mysteries build. won the first go around, but missed the win with 20 hp left objective. Second go around I got crushed.

Also any thoughts on the third node second battle. I dont have days undoing, or behold the beyond, nor many of the other 'good' mythics.

Here's what I've done, as best I can remember. My decks are definitely second tier (at best), so hopefully it won't require cards you don't have.

Node 1.1: I used a Chandra deck with haste creatures (Bomat Courier, Speedway Fanatic etc) and Uncaged Fury to get the Win in 3 or less rounds objective. I wasn't able to get that and the Energize objective in the same game.

Node 1.2: Embarrassingly, I lost on my first try with a Jace control deck when attempting to get both objectives. I succeeded on my second try with Liliana1 and a bunch of discard spells. The AI loyalty ability to buff its cards in hand can be dangerous.

Node 1.3: I can't remember anything special. I used a Nissa big creature deck to win with the first objective of casting 3 spells or less.

Node 2.1: I don't remember what I did here, either. I think I used the same red Chandra deck I used for 1.1. Its pretty simple to get both objectives as long as you leave a few free spots in your hand for when the AI uses its bounce loyalty ability.

Node 2.2: This was tricky. I failed my first time. The second time I succeeded and got both objectives by using a Dovin Blue/White deck. From what I remember, my deck was:

Creatures
      Lashweed Lurker Janjeet Sentry (for its disable)

Spells
      Send to Sleep Aligned Hedron Network Smite the Monstrous Anchor to the Aether Swift Reckoning

Supports
      Prairie Stream Aether Hub Silverstrike

The general strategy was to keep a number of disable and kill spells charged and in hand, while letting the AI deal out damage. Send to Sleep, Aligned Hedron Network, and the Janjeet Sentry disable all ignore hexproof (since they don't require you to specify a target). So you can use them to disable his creatures first, and then you can use bounce or kill on them (as once they're disabled, the hexproof doesn't apply to anything).

Basically, you have to juggle the amount of damage you've taken vs. the rate of damage you're dealing vs. the number of supports you've cast. I built my hand up while he was knocking my health down to about 50, and then I started getting casting some creatures and removing some of his, while making sure I didn't have enough damage on the field to kill him before I got below 20. Like I said, tricky.

Node 2.3: I used a blue Jace1 control deck with creatures using Ingest and lots of bounce and mana drain to avoud taking damage. I couldn't get the kill objective, though.

Node 3.1: I used Gideon1. Here is the deck I used:

Creatures
      Iroa's Champion Spectral Shepherd Decimator of the Provinces

Spells
      Smite the Monstrous Scour from Existence Iona's Blessing Enshrouding Mist

Supports
      Prairie Stream Knightly Valour Silverstrike

The key here was Iroa's Champion. I kept one in hand until I had enough buffs and enough loyalty to make it big enough to kill the AI creatures on the board without taking damage (either killing with the first strike, or preventing damage with Enshrouding Mist). It's biggest creature is a 12/12, so once you can get the Champion to that point (with buffs or reinforcing) and give it both flying (from the first loyalty ability) and vigilance, you're set. It will kill all of the enemy creatures on both attack and defence, and you can just whittle down the AI's health until it's dead.

Node 3.2: Failure. I tried an Energize/Overload deck with Dovin and got smashed, and tried an energy removal deck with Chandra2 and lost again, though I did better with Chandra, it wasn't enough. So no good ideas on this one.
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Is it my imagination or is Tezzeret's token creature supposed to fabricate 2 when it overloads 1, not just in general.

I hope the wording is just incorrect, because I see "Overload 1: Creature gets +1/+1 and Fabricate 2".
    This leads me to believe he has to actually make a MATCH with an energized gem to start fabricating, but as soon as one is out, the next round it's fabricating 2 before a match is even done.
    I understand the mechanic, but seriously, is this a glitch or poor wording?

And btw, no, I haven't been able to beat him, yet, even ignoring the vehicle rules.
  • Alve
    Azerack wrote:
    Is it my imagination or is Tezzeret's token creature supposed to fabricate 2 when it overloads 1, not just in general.

I hope the wording is just incorrect, because I see "Overload 1: Creature gets +1/+1 and Fabricate 2".
    This leads me to believe he has to actually make a MATCH with an energized gem to start fabricating, but as soon as one is out, the next round it's fabricating 2 before a match is even done.
    I understand the mechanic, but seriously, is this a glitch or poor wording?

And btw, no, I haven't been able to beat him, yet, even ignoring the vehicle rules.

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=59163
  • aenigmaeffect
    aenigmaeffect Posts: 55 Match Maker
    For all of Node 3, I've used Sorin (lvl 36) with lifelink creatures, creature kill, and energy removal. I don't have any mythics in my deck.

Energy Removal: Die Young worked great when the board is full, clearing everything up.

Once you get Sorin Ability 3 out, you can just out life gained what he can dish.

Kill creatures that have abilities that can hurt you, like Aethergeode Miner (extra energy on the board is very scary on 3.2 and 3.3). Have the restraint to only kill those creatures. (Big creatures with no abilities aren't too bad, if you can out life gain/it can kill you in 1 turn).

Consider Suppression Bonds and Deadlock Trap to lock first creature (if it casts 3 creatures, it won't cast any more. So let the AI have their no-ability creatures, or keep a good creature locked).
  • Diabeetus
    This is my deck for Node 3-2, and I have won every time and finished with full health.

Dovin Baan

Creatures:
    None

Spells:
    Fragmentize
    Smite the Monstrous
    Consulate Crackdown
    Gideon's Phalanx
    Confiscation Coup
    Encircling Fissure
    Ondu Rising

Supports:
    Aether Hub
    Insidious Will
    Pyromancer's Goggles
  • Mistalve
    Mistalve Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Just beat node 3.2 this with all objectives after failing the last couple tries.
    My deck this time was a Baan.

spells and support:

shine of the gods
    Imprisoned in the moon for removal
    Suppression Bonds to ease the early pressure
    Silverstrike/Starfield of Nyx for removal lock once they are up
    Confiscation coup to steal a beast (stealing Roc was MVP) and deplete all energy on the board
    Fevered visions to draw and do consistent damage

Creatures:
    Electrostatic pummeler and Aethersphere harvester
    I also used Avacyn but she wasn't useful and a pain when it was duped, I'd use something else next time.
    I didn't really need a 3rd creature as the steal filled a 3rd slot, maybe bounce or removal.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    for 3.2 if you use loose creatures then you can sometimes
    clog up 1-2 of your opponents creature battlefield when
    their 1st ability is used. it's a lot easier if your opponent
    has a 1/1 lone rider that they can't improve and don't fit
    with any other card in their deck. a 1/1 with life gain
    definitely an improvement over frog icon_e_smile.gif

HH
  • ironer
    ironer Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Some info collected by our coalition
    Encounter 3.3. - Tezz the Schemer
    Deck Creatures(5):
    Baral, Chief of compliance
    Aethertide Whale
    Skysovereign, Consul Flagship
    Padeem Consul of innovations
    Heart of Kiran
    Deck spells - 0
    Deck supports(5):
    Gonti's Aether Heart
    Dynavolt Tower
    Planar bridge
    Mechanized production
    Aetherworks Marvel

we have collected some other decks used by by 3-2 and 2-3 bosses in this event
    I can share them also
  • Delnai
    Delnai Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Here are the changes from Alve's post above that I've noticed in the current run of the event:

Encounter 1.1. - Enraged Giant (level 1)
    HP: 24 (was 53)
    Ability: Each creature in your hand gains Trample, Haste and Berserker (6 loyalty)
    - Optional Objective 1: Energize 5 or more gems.
    - Optional Objective 2: Win in 6 (was 3) or less rounds.

Ability: Each Vehicle you control in your hand and on the battlefield gains +3/+3 (6 loyalty)
    - Optional Objective 1: Summon 3 or more Vehicles (I believe the objective now triggers correctly matching its text; can anyone confirm this?)

Encounter 3.1. - Exquisite Archangel (level 150)
    HP: 392
    Ability: Gain 50 life (9 loyalty)
    - Optional Objective 1: Lose 3 or less creatures (text now correctly matches the objective)
    - Optional Objective 2: Win in 7 (was 4) or less rounds.

Anything else I missed?

Even with the easing of the bonus objectives in 1.1 and 3.1, I still find them difficult to achieve consistently. (Well, 3.1 I find impossible to achieve)
  • aenigmaeffect
    aenigmaeffect Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Delnai wrote:
    - Optional Objective 1: Summon 3 or more Vehicles (I believe the objective now triggers correctly matching its text; can anyone confirm this?)

Yes, Objective 1 works as stated. I just got it.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just for the record, the hp of 1.1 did not change. It was 24 last time as well. The original post was in error.
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    The third tier makes me wanna just get the progress rewards.
    Its so restrictive of how to play.

Energize PW arent strong enough. i played sorin 3.1 nahiri 3.2 and sorin 3.3. dont really survive otherwise
  • Diabeetus
    For anyone struggling with Tezzy, I offer my mythic free contribution that kicks his hiney and meets all objectives.

PW: Nahiri

Creatures:

Cultivator's Caravan
    Smuggler's Coptor
    Lone Rider
    Serene Steward

Supports:

Authority of the Consuls
    Tamiyo's Journal

Spells:

Inner Struggle
    Harnessed Lightning