Limited Time Flash Sale (2/10/17)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited February 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone -

Today and tomorrow (ends 11:59PM UTC on Feb 12) we will be running a Flash Sale for a short period of time. The Flash Sale will consist of 8 uncommon cards (no cards from Origins & Kaladesh). We will be releasing the cards on rotation with one available at a time per hour and is available via the in-game Activity Hub. Each card will be available for 25 crystals.

The cards that will be available will be Foreboding Ruins, Grove Rumbler, Catacomb Sifter, Relentless Hunter , Skyrider Elf, Flayer Drone, Aberrant Researcher, and Slab Hammer.

Come back to the game each hour to see which card is available in your quest to complete your decks!

Have a great weekend!

Comments

• SpaceDuck
    SpaceDuck Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    This is a very cool idea, but I have to say that I'm extremely puzzled by the card selection.
  • Magog
    Magog Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I may have most of those cards, but I'd just like to say a big thank you for listening to us and giving us a heads up that this is happening!
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If the 8 cards are rotating every hour, consistently for 48 hours, then I'm on board with this idea because it's timezone friendly.
  • Mana Burn
    Options
    Wow this is certainly interesting indeed. It's cool you guys are shaking things up a little. Let me know when Nissa's Renewal shows up. icon_e_smile.gif
  • CrimsonNinroot
    CrimsonNinroot Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Any chance the flash sale could have a confirm purchase option? I was just moving through my home page and didn't even know about the flash sale. Apparently I just wasted my gold on a Grove Rambler. Not happy!
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Love this idea, I would definitely jump at the chance to snatch up some of the Uncommons from previous sets that still elude me (Slab Hammer being only one of them).

If it catches on, maybe they'll do it with Rares too.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Great idea, which is very encouraging. Still, I'm not sure why anyone would buy those cards in particular. If you sold useful, staple uncommons like Inner Struggle and Grip of Desolation, you'd probably sell a lot more. Hopefully if these particular cards do not sell, you'll keep that in mind for future opportunities.

Other useful uncommons I bet people would buy:
    Transgress the Mind
    Lone Rider
    Visionary Augmenter
    Sphinx's Tutelage
    Village Messenger
    Kessig Prowler
    Breakneck Rider

..and that's just from a few seconds of thinking about it. I bet there are a lot more people would love to get.
  • aenigmaeffect
    aenigmaeffect Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    Any chance the flash sale could have a confirm purchase option? I was just moving through my home page and didn't even know about the flash sale. Apparently I just wasted my gold on a Grove Rambler. Not happy!

Please have a confirm button/dialog! I accidentally bought a duplicate!!!

I was just trying to see what it did, but no card description, so I pressed a few more things, and accidentally bought it.

On that note, please allow us to see the card description???
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,943 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madwren wrote:
    Great idea, which is very encouraging. Still, I'm not sure why anyone would buy those cards in particular. If you sold useful, staple uncommons like Inner Struggle and Grip of Desolation, you'd probably sell a lot more. Hopefully if these particular cards do not sell, you'll keep that in mind for future opportunities.

Other useful uncommons I bet people would buy:
    Transgress the Mind
    Lone Rider
    Visionary Augmenter
    Sphinx's Tutelage
    Village Messenger
    Kessig Prowler
    Breakneck Rider

..and that's just from a few seconds of thinking about it. I bet there are a lot more people would love to get.

I agree. Since these are uncommons, they aren't anything that you have to worry about everyone owning them being a metagame-shaker. This will let new players have staple cards that let them be more competitive in PVP events.
  • SpaceDuck
    SpaceDuck Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:

I agree. Since these are uncommons, they aren't anything that you have to worry about everyone owning them being a metagame-shaker. This will let new players have staple cards that let them be more competitive in PVP events.

This is exactly what I was thinking too and it's a great idea to raise the playerbase up without making things silly.

The real opportunity would be the same system for colorless rare supports. Staple cards like Corrupted Grafstone, Prism Array, Tamiyo's Journal and the 5 cost gem converters would would give more players the chance to build more fundamentally solid decks, but around a wide variety of creatures, PWs and spells.

The "Oath" cards are another opportunity.

These particular uncommons still leave me puzzled. A few of them are solid, but no real staples. Inner Stuggle as mentioned above would be an ideal pick.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not showing the mana cost on the cards was a pretty shrewd move on your part, D3, so people don't know how good the cards they are buying are...

...and then the double whammy, when people click on the card to see what it's like, and found out they've bought it? You guys are GOOD.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options

Please have a confirm button/dialog! I accidentally bought a duplicate!!!

I was just trying to see what it did, but no card description, so I pressed a few more things, and accidentally bought it.

On that note, please allow us to see the card description???

duplicate cards should be treated the same way as
    planeswalkers and greyed out.

HH
  • obsidianpeanut
    obsidianpeanut Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I like this idea. I hope it comes back with Inner Struggle, uncommon from SOI.
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If it not a duplicate, you can preview each offer by opening your Cards list and selecting 'show all'.
  • MrMoustache
    MrMoustache Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Very cool idea! I don't personally need any of these cards, but if I did I'd happily pay 25C for them. I agree with another poster above about putting up the gem converters for sale, like Prairie Stream. I would pay 100C for those.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Very cool idea! I don't personally need any of these cards, but if I did I'd happily pay 25C for them. I agree with another poster above about putting up the gem converters for sale, like Prairie Stream. I would pay 100C for those.

I'd also like to put a third vote in for gem converters please. Doesn't hurt to have those available for everyone.
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @wereotter- I really like the idea of a second chance offer on cards which had previously been offered for sale.  I also like the idea of being able to opt out of rares for a better chance at a mythic, or to opt out of commons / uncommons for a better chance at a rare.