R41 Change Results

Comments

• fatcatfan wrote:
    I dunno. I'm sure the devs have a better handle on all the impacts the buff has on the game balance, and what the goal is with it.

It just seems odd to me that the buff would be a disadvantage in any form, but that's exactly what it is right now. It limits my team options. Some folks will love it because it means I can't effectively use my C.Storm, but I don't use her to spam Tempest. That's just a fallback option if I get unlucky with matches.

I guess I see it as wrong because it doesn't seem to provide equal benefit to all players, it's unbalanced (in it's bugged form). Obviously, since it's a multiplier it will provide greater increase to higher powered heroes, that's the reward for their higher level that you expect. But at lower levels it comes with caveats and restrictions.

I guess it could be the same at higher levels? "Why is my maxed out Ragnarok making all the matches instead of this buffed Thor? This severely limits my advantage from this buff!"

Then they should be wise enough to sit their guys that are higher level than Thor. It promotes a little wider variety than simply "play your 3 highest levels"
  • I agree, in my case in particular it forces me to choose a color and level balanced team, rethink my strategy. On one hand, I welcome that. But the guy with the maxed Thor probably isn't forced to make that choice.
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    I agree, in my case in particular it forces me to choose a color and level balanced team, rethink my strategy. On one hand, I welcome that. But the guy with the maxed Thor probably isn't forced to make that choice.

The problem isn't those with a maxed out thor. It's those with a maxed out storm or iron man messing up thor's tiles lol
  • Thank you for posting such updates it's really helpful.

I thought I experienced the lack of swing myself yesterday. I was first place in the previous tourney and stopped playing about 3+ hours before the tournament closed but still managed to stay in top 10, which surprised me.

I'm not sure I like the bug though. It's not obvious how it works to the more casual folks playing the game so it doesn't seem that fair.
  • Either buff characters for tournaments or don't. How it works currently is that it puts some people at a great disadvantage - my Thor is high level, so makes most of the matches, so because of the tournament buff he does loads of damage every time I have a crit tile.
    People with a lower level Thor won't get this benefit from the tournament buff - their Thor won't make the matches.
    The benefit you get from having a high level Thor (or at least one that's high enough level to make most of the matches) is massive, it seems a bit excessive.
  • Humphrey wrote:
    Either buff characters for tournaments or don't. How it works currently is that it puts some people at a great disadvantage - my Thor is high level, so makes most of the matches, so because of the tournament buff he does loads of damage every time I have a crit tile.
    People with a lower level Thor won't get this benefit from the tournament buff - their Thor won't make the matches.
    The benefit you get from having a high level Thor (or at least one that's high enough level to make most of the matches) is massive, it seems a bit excessive.

They have 5 days to raise their thor...plenty of time
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Humphrey wrote:
    Either buff characters for tournaments or don't. How it works currently is that it puts some people at a great disadvantage - my Thor is high level, so makes most of the matches, so because of the tournament buff he does loads of damage every time I have a crit tile.

How do you quantify the time it takes to pull specific covers from random tokens?
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Humphrey wrote:

How do you quantify the time it takes to pull specific covers from random tokens?

There's a ton of Thor tokens in PVE, in the PVP rewards, as well as in lightning packs.
  • You need a MASSIVE amount of ISO to level Thor up in 5 days. Impossible without spending a ton of cash. Yeah you can max abilities, but it makes no difference if you don't get him up to 80 plus levels. I have a level 40 Thor.. Even buffed I can't one hit anything. I get one hit by level 85 plus thors.
  • Wait, so are we supposed to like the bug where our Thors don't attack when matching tiles, but our opponents' Thors do? It could just be that my Thor isn't max level yet, but I don't enjoy taking 2k+ 3 tile crits.
  • dmendro wrote:
    You need a MASSIVE amount of ISO to level Thor up in 5 days. Impossible without spending a ton of cash. Yeah you can max abilities, but it makes no difference if you don't get him up to 80 plus levels. I have a level 40 Thor.. Even buffed I can't one hit anything. I get one hit by level 85 plus thors.

I got my Thor from 60 to 85 in 1 day...
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    dmendro wrote:
    You need a MASSIVE amount of ISO to level Thor up in 5 days. Impossible without spending a ton of cash. Yeah you can max abilities, but it makes no difference if you don't get him up to 80 plus levels. I have a level 40 Thor.. Even buffed I can't one hit anything. I get one hit by level 85 plus thors.

I got my Thor from 60 to 85 in 1 day...

Yeah, if you have a bunch of FB friends and play a good bit every day, you can get ISO pretty quickly. I probably get at least 3-4K ISO just from FB everyday, probably more than double that on lightning round days. Yesterday, I started with a lvl 9 Thor and I'll probably get to 85 right around when the tourney ends. I'm cherry picking the easy matches, though, and worrying about points later.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Yeah, if you have a bunch of FB friends and play a good bit every day, you can get ISO pretty quickly. I probably get at least 3-4K ISO just from FB everyday, probably more than double that on lightning round days. Yesterday, I started with a lvl 9 Thor and I'll probably get to 85 right around when the tourney ends. I'm cherry picking the easy matches, though, and worrying about points later.

I have around 100 FB friends I think and get maybe 3 or 4 awards a day, usually for 70 ISO. I got 500 ISO yesterday and was so very happy.

FB sharing remains largely broken, although it's certainly better than it was in R40.
  • Nemek wrote:
    I probably get at least 3-4K ISO just from FB everyday, probably more than double that on lightning round days.

Whaaaaaaaa??!

Now I feel like I've screwed up by linking to my legitimate facebook account because I only have a handful (~5) friends that play and send me gifts. I don't really feel like friending people I don't know just for a bonus in some game.... but I really want that ISO.... icon_mad.gif
  • Nemek
    That's...interesting. Maybe because I started gathering friends during the first big push, and got all of the hardcore players. Definitely, every time I log in when I wake up, there's probably 10 rewards waiting for me. Then probably another 20 through the rest of the day. Most 140 ISOs, occasional 70s, covers, boosts.

Maybe if you were one of the person's first few friends, you're a higher priority? I have heard that a lot of people see the same few people each time.
  • Nemek
    I also, unfortunately, used my real FB account, though everybody is on the 'don't show them anything/ignore their posts' lists. I wonder if my real friends are wondering how I've met so many oddly named people...
  • Clearly I have lame FB friends.
  • None of my facebook friends play it, so its a very hard slog to level up your characters for each tournament.
    I also agree either buff the characters properly or don't buff at all.
    Everybody should be on an even footing and able to choose the characters they want to use for the tournament
  • Nemek
    I'm a bit on the fence about the current change/bug with buffed characters not getting attack priority. On one hand, I think it makes classic storm + default Thor harder to do, but it also creates a much larger divide between high lvl Thors and low-level Thors. Only the high lvl Thors are getting attack priority, giving them an even more massive advantage over lower level Thor teams.

As the game goes on, though...I suspect we'll see a decline in the use of classic storm + bait. When more players have maxed 3-4 star characters, classic storm won't be as effective (I hope.)
  • Thanks for the update! It has probably reduced the time I play a little but overall I'd say it has definitely made the online mode more of a fair contest. Have you guys got any super mega events lined up or are you keeping it a surprise? I can't wait for the new PvE missions to arrive just to see where the story goes! icon_e_biggrin.gif