3* Dr. Strange Yellow not firing for Deadly Shot [Solved]

blood6338
blood6338 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
Has anyone else noticed that 3* Dr. Strange's yellow is not firing when the Sniper goons fire Deadly Shot? I noticed this during the Unstable Iso-8 event yesterday. I guess I need to submit a ticket on it. Just wanted to see if anyone else was having this issue and didn't see anything on it here yet.

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hey blood6338. This was actually a widely discussed topic in the past. Deadly Shot is actually considered a Passive ability, which is why 3* Doctor Strange's yellow ability, Flames of the Faltine, does not trigger when the Deadly Shot countdown tile appears on board. This is the same with Star-Lord's ability, Everyone With Me.

Hope that helps!
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey blood6338. This was actually a widely discussed topic in the past. Deadly Shot is actually considered a Passive ability, which is why 3* Doctor Strange's yellow ability, Flames of the Faltine, does not trigger when the Deadly Shot countdown tile appears on board. This is the same with Star-Lord's ability, Everyone With Me.

Hope that helps!
    On that note: shouldn't the power description for the sniper be updated to state that the power is a passive? Wouldn't be too hard to change a text now would it? Pokemon Go is pushing out one 'minor text fix' after another, and if they can do it.... icon_mrgreen.gif

And while I'm on the topic of power descriptions... There are certain goon powers that don't display any numbers on their power descirptions. Notable example: the Lieutenant's yellow heal power. Any chance they will ever display their proper numbers?
  • DeNappa wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

Hope that helps!
    On that note: shouldn't the power description for the sniper be updated to state that the power is a passive? Wouldn't be too hard to change a text now would it? Pokemon Go is pushing out one 'minor text fix' after another, and if they can do it.... icon_mrgreen.gif

And while I'm on the topic of power descriptions... There are certain goon powers that don't display any numbers on their power descirptions. Notable example: the Lieutenant's yellow heal power. Any chance they will ever display their proper numbers?
    Pretty sure that power is already described as passive?
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Koffitok wrote:
    DeNappa wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

Hope that helps!

Pretty sure that power is already described as passive?

Yeap. It sure is. And even if others have doubts they can even check the AP cost, which is zero. And another factor for this specific one is that it always pops back up as soon as you match it away
  • blood6338
    blood6338 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for the update Brigby. I hadn't considered that it was a passive. It sucks when it goes off though. icon_e_smile.gif
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it? I think it didn't use to be. Good they fixed it then. (I haven't been paying much attention to the descriptions lately, to be honest).
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    blood6338 wrote:
    Thanks for the update Brigby. I hadn't considered that it was a passive. It sucks when it goes off though. icon_e_smile.gif
    Not a problem! I absolutely agree. That Deadly Shot hurts when it goes off, which is why I always target the Sniper whenever I can to avoid that from happening icon_razz.gif
    DeNappa wrote:
    Is it? I think it didn't use to be. Good they fixed it then. (I haven't been paying much attention to the descriptions lately, to be honest).
    Yes, you're right. It used to not describe the ability as a Passive. This was added in after this specific confusion involving the ability interactions of Flames of the Faltine and Everyone With Me arose.