Updated 5* Legendaries?

BillyBobJoe
BillyBobJoe Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So I have hoarded lots of cp and legendary tokens with the utmost anticipation for Black Widow to drop out of the legendaries so I may try for a fresh new rotation of 5*s. Now that Black Panther is here, where is he?

Now it's customary for D3 to add the new 5* to the tokens after their separate unique token draw have gone away. It didn't happen. It is also customary that they update legendaries at the beginning of season. Still no Black Panther. My alliance mates inform me that D3 is delaying his arrival in legendary tokens for week(s).

Did I miss an announcement somewhere? When is BP due in the draws? Why the delay? Do we have any information?

Comments

• Square-Chopper
    Square-Chopper Posts: 54 Match Maker
    They announced in the CW thread that he'd be added two weeks after his special store disappeared.
  • BillyBobJoe
    BillyBobJoe Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Brigby wrote:
    Legendary Store
      Starting with Black Panther (Civil War), there will be a two week delay before new 5-Stars are added to Latest Legends packs after their release event.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=58383

Thanks for the information. I don't know why this information was buried.

I wonder why the delay?
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Brigby wrote:
    Legendary Store
      Starting with Black Panther (Civil War), there will be a two week delay before new 5-Stars are added to Latest Legends packs after their release event.

I wonder why the delay?

So that they can make absolutely certain there will be no bugs! icon_lol.gif
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Brigby wrote:
    Legendary Store

I wonder why the delay?

Likely for two reasons:
    1) alleviate complaints about the rate of 5* acquisition by giving people more time to cover Nat 5% instead of 1.5% in classics (and diluting pull rate of other classics even further).

2) Knowing there's a 2 week gap between BP being available in his special store and in Latest Legends encourages impatient whales to spend more on his special store at 10% odds rather than wait for the 15% overall/5% BP odds offered in Latest Legends. Cashing in on Veruca Salt syndrome.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards

I wonder why the delay?

Whatever the reason is, its a good thing to know in advance when it's gonna happen. Helps to plan wether you should
    cash in your LT's now if you want the current 5*'s or wait for BP.

Before we could only guess when a 5* would release and that didnt leave a lot of time for planning. 2 weeks delay is good.