Split Progression Points from Ranking Points in PVP

disdamn
disdamn Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
I'm not a hardcore PVP'er. Making it to 300 points is an achievement for me, especially since I can PVP for maybe an hour, and then I have to work, and then I can come home, have some supper, spend some time with my family, and maybe another hour to game before bed again.

By the time I've logged in that second time I've usually lost 60-80 points due to people attacking me while I was away. I can shield, but I'm really not interested in shielding only to make it to 300 points. I just don't have enough time to play to place any higher than moderate to low which is fine. Let those dedicated get the good placement rewards.

However it would be nice to split off Progression points from your PVP Ranking. This would make some mid-level progression rewards achievable for casual players while leaving the PVP Ranking rewards for those dedicated to fighting it out.

Comments

• firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    As much as I like it, realistically, it won't happen. At some point, you're fighting not whether or not this would make for a better game, but whether or not you're subtracting from HP sales for shields. And, a better bottom line will be more important to the devs than a better game. They want you to spend on shields. They want you to have a bad time when you aren't spending money. The real problem right now is, even if you do, the experience still isn't always a great one.

I think the only way to get any traction is to make a system where you'll continue HP expenditures. Perhaps a system where you can spend HP to "bank" your current score, and banked progression points will not be lost to attacks?