Puzzle Warriors 3 Episode #77!

XaOs72
XaOs72 Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Mordo to make croissants

* Civil War recap.
* Mr. F is now worse and a falcon change? ....
* ummm Mordo? 4star.
* Super duper looper lightning rounds ...

http://www.puzzlewarriors3.com/pw3-e77.html

Comments

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    - reddit/comment sections are literally fan mail from some flounder
    - See, great minds think alike re: Inhumanoids
    - Ted Turner ruined cartoons and Jim Crockett Promotions
    - I don't WANT to watch Riverdale, people are asking me to!
    - My Ant-Man (level 286 5/3/5) vs. Teen Jean was the quickest for me, barely any damage at all!
    - I'm super bummed about them skipping Miles because of the SPREADSHEET!~
    - I've taken to calling Wanda Switchy Poo of late
    - Mistakes were made for my alliance during Civil War. I take the blame
    - Johnny Rando and Extra Girl
    - I wanna see how Mordo Got His Barony Back
    - Bing is the preferred search engine of Spider-Man
    - Metallica teaming up with Lady Gaga is legit my five year old's dream
    - My Moonie is level 275 5/3/5, which seems to be his resounding best build. His comic of the last few years has been great, even if he really got his powers from being bit by a radioactive moon
    - My vine is two blue Wasps that expire in a week (currently 3/5/4) two purple Spider-Women that expire in eight days (currently (4/5/3), a purple Gwenpool that expires in ten days (currently 5/3/3) sadly all of which will need to be sold
    - my reward of the week was a Bag-Man cover, now level 114
    - Craig is mega wrong on Stranger Things. This is why no one wants him in other podcasts
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quick note on PvP T5 rewards for CL7 and 8 after the incorrect info about Punmax rewards in BOP. In Cl7 T2-5 get one color and T1 gets two colors. T5 in CL8 gets the same 2 covers as T1 in CL7. You don't get 2 of the same color cover in CL8.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Ya, but the animation looks like a whip....And then it nae-naes.
    Nearly made me spit out my drink. icon_lol.gif
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    - I'm super bummed about them skipping Miles because of the SPREADSHEET!~

- I've taken to calling Wanda Switchy Poo of late

- Metallica teaming up with Lady Gaga is legit my five year old's dream

- Craig is mega wrong on Stranger Things. This is why no one wants him in other podcasts

These all seem very reasonable to me.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Knight and croissants, well, his best friend is Jean-Paul "Frenchie" Duchamp, so there's definitely a French connection there.

Mordo - where the shadows lie.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Not just a name drop, but it was sung too!

Yes, if you ended up with 3-5 covers of Eddie Venom that were going to expire, you might as well bite down on the pillow and get it over with. But I wouldn’t sweat selling just one. Like an overrated 90’s villain, he’ll haunt you again one day.

Enjoy that Starlord bug while you can, since its being patched any day now. (it must be since Brigby put Miles back on the schedule and starlord is his opponent.) That effect of adding to the enemy’s ap cost does in fact stack with Peggy’s yellow passive. I regret not using those two on that last Musclex2 + Bullseye node in sub one of Unstable Iso, might have cost a Top 10 in this event.

I actually watched the whole first season of that new Voltron series. Found it boring at best and even irritating at worst. It wasn’t until the end when, wondering why I was still watching it, I realized the terrible truth: Literately the only thing I was actually nostalgic for about Voltron was the theme music they used on the old show whenever the lions finally formed Voltron and started kicking Robeast butt. And the new show never uses that music, not even as a call back joke anywhere. That’s a bad reason to sit through anything, even a good show, so I won’t be back. I do want to check out Unfortunate Events though, when I get the free time.

Just start Parks and Rec with Season 2. That’s what I did and I’ve never felt the need to go back. Its solid from there on and really kicks into high gear when, of all people, Rob Lowe shows up.

Eh, I can see Lady Gaga as Dazzler. It can’t be any uglier than what Bendis did to her in his X-Men run.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Ok seriously. You know you have a bad search engine if you have to bribe people to use it. If spider-man does use it, it's only because the gift cards are a major supplement to his income.

I like Metallica, from the neck down. They need work in the face department.

Also have to disagree that Saturday morning cartoons died with Captain Planet. Spider-Man and X-Men were both on much longer than that abomination of a show, and kept SMC alive. The loss of Cadillacs and Dinosaurs was a blow that I'll never recover from, however.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Congress killed Saturday morning cartoons. If I recall correctly, it was the Children's Television Act of 1990, combined with economic forces, that killed cartoons. Congress capped advertising minutes, making relatively expensive cartoons no longer viable.

I'll admit my memory re: 1990 US politics is a bit fuzzy... as I was 5 and don't live in the US icon_e_wink.gif That timeline does seem very reasonable, however.

Also I watched PBS mostly. Where in the world WAS Carmen Sandiego, anyways?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice show guys and congrats on your first championed 4* in HB. Also you will be glad to know I have a much worse dying on the vine then any of yours.

My vine
    5 Spiderwoman covers will champ her tomorrow

Probably will have to sell 4* thing, gwenpool, Drax, blade covers since I am dumping the ISO into Spiderwoman.

5* green Phoenix and blue SS. Both of these would be my 13th cover of the character but because of demure wonderful tinykitty policy of not swapping 5* I will probably have to sell both. I also don't think I can earn 1500 CP in 14 days either.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Congress killed Saturday morning cartoons. If I recall correctly, it was the Children's Television Act of 1990, combined with economic forces, that killed cartoons. Congress capped advertising minutes, making relatively expensive cartoons no longer viable. ...
    1990-96 was the last gasp of Saturday morning as we knew it icon_e_sad.gif
    Your timing's right, and that legislation definitely had an effect but there was a lot more going on in the 90s that caused Saturday morning cartoons to go away. Wikipedia has a pretty good summary of it.

You had the syndicated cartoons that didn't have to comply with network programming rules (G.I. Joe, He-Man, Transformers, etc.) and then you had cable networks starting up where kids could watch cartoons pretty much anytime they want (24/7 on Cartoon Network, for example), which made the Saturday morning block way less special.

Combine that with the rise of the home video market (VHS at the time), where kids could begin to watch the shows that they want (and rewatch them as many times as they want) and you have the start of where we're at today, where programming blocks on broadcast TV don't really mean anything anymore, and if a kid wants to watch something, chances are you can find it immediately on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, one of the cable networks (Cartoon, Disney Channel, Nickelodeon), or just your home DVD or Blu-ray library.

Back in the day, Saturday morning TV was special because it was the only time you could watch cartoons or live action children's programming. Now, you can watch it whenever or on whatever device you want, satisfying our need for instant gratification in the form of animated entertainment.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    My disdain for Dazzler is well known.

But if it means Craig admits he's wrong after watching the entire season of Stranger Things, I'll get on the Dazzler train.

That is how good Stranger Things is.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    ronin-san wrote:
    My disdain for Dazzler is well known.

But if it means Craig admits he's wrong after watching the entire season of Stranger Things, I'll get on the Dazzler train.

That is how good Stranger Things is.
    I second this. I'm actually completely apathetic toward Dazzler, but if Craig watches all of Stranger Things and admits he's wrong, I will be fully on board -- signing petitions for Dazzler's inclusion, protesting outside the Demiurge office, writing my senator, etc.
  • Jaedenkaal
    ronin-san wrote:
    ...But if it means Craig admits he's wrong ...

Gonna stop you right here.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Stranger Things is amazing.

Metallica albums are rated thusly :

* Ride the Lightning

* Master of Puppets

* Kill 'em All

* ...And Justice for all

* the rest
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    This should clear everything up:

5star-dazzler.png
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I don't have time to do my normal write-up but hope to manage it either tonight or tomorrow morning. I do want to say that I received my #TooManySecrets shirt, not as a birthday present, but as a St. Valentine's Day present. icon_e_smile.gif

I won't be able to listen live tomorrow because it's my birthday and there are other plans with my family. icon_e_smile.gif
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    --Ant-Man is a Champion and I won his Crash on the first attempt. Rulk is also a Champion and I think it was the easiest Crash I've ever done. I have Miles fairly well-cover'd but, most importantly, I have his purple power so that'll be a win.
    --I did earn a Mordo for placement and am headed for cover #2 in the current progression. I've enjoyed using him in the node where I can sample all of his powers.
    --Gratz on Championing Hulkbuster, Ian. I only have ten covers on him thus far. My first 4-star Champion was Invisible Woman and that was before she was fixed. icon_e_smile.gif
    --Johnny Rando and Extra Girl sound like characters from the X-Statics.
    --Mister Fantastic still isn't great for how I have him cover'd but I do like all the changes. His next Crash ought to go much better for me. I agree that only characters that have healing factors should have True Healing. Reed doesn't qualify.
    --I didn't know that anybody wanted Sam Wilson fixed but I do love the change to his purple. He's terrific.
    --Please, D3/Demiurge, fix 3-star Spider-Man!
    --I'm with Craig in that I hope you do have a developer (or multiple) on the show again soon. I enjoy them interacting with you.
    --The G.I.Joe cartoon was written for 6 year olds but the comic was written for teens & adults. I tried re-watching the cartoon when my son was six (eight years ago) and it does NOT hold up. The comics are still great. Larry Hama did a great job writing that series. I own a page of original art from the first comic series; the inker, Randy Emberlin, lives in this area.
    --I liked the Super Lightning Rounds. I wouldn't want to see them every week but I'd like to see them in a three-week rotation: villains, heroes, Super. They DID take a long time to complete because my Carol isn't well-cover'd. Without even trying to, I did take first place one round and receive two 2-star covers as my reward. Ah, well. I have a fully operational 2-star farm so those helped.
    --I'm using 3-star Thanos (level 140 3/4/4) in Lightning Rounds right now and, yeah, he's just destroying the seed teams.
    --Good job on pronouncing Daken correctly, Ray. Well done.
    --I don't have Moon Knight fully cover'd yet but when I do I'll definitely have him set at 5/3/5. I currently have him at 1/3/5 so I'm headed the right way.
    --Reward of the Week: My third Old Man Logan yellow which brings him to 1/3/1. My meat shield of choice is even better.
    --I'm thrilled that the Doctor Strange PVE is running again. Geez, though, I don't remember Kaecillius hitting so hard last time. It's brutal.
    --The worst clue was giving the ingredients for the drink kamikaze to point towards 4-star Sam Wilson.
    --Thank you again for taking time from your week to entertain and educate us.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Regarding Mr fanstastic blue...having the shield tiles fortified makes it a great power and helps maximize the effectiveness of his black. Fire black, get your countdown, then fire blue to make two r/y/g matches to increase the tile right away, end up with two protects plus a stun plus a fortified imaginaut tile that will do damage for much longer. Also, adding him to carnage and medusa will still be effective, just more team healing for the whole team, get the burst from both every time the enemy matches...just about anything. Add his black and match some red and green to fuel carnage and youre dealing damage left and right.